In the present competitive scenario English plays a very important role in our day to day life. Thus it is essential to have a sound knowledge and understanding of English Vocabulary Words. From now on letsstudytogether presenting you a list of Daily Editorial –Magical Vocabulary from news papers like THE HINDU, Economics Times, Financial Express, The Economics etc. .
This will help you to sail and score good marks in English Language section and improve your vocabulary words skills and to have a good command on English language section. Hope this will help you with your preparation.
1. Amid (preposition) (के बीच)– surrounded by, in the middle of
Synonyms – among, during
Antonyms – beyond, seperate
Ex: Amid backslapping and handshaking, the station assumed a party atmosphere for much of the afternoon.
2. Albeit (conjunction)(यद्यपि)– though
Synonyms – admitting, even though
Ex: He’d even made the coffee, albeit insipidly.
3. Pace (noun)(गति)– a single step taken when walking or running
Synonyms – measure, footstep
Ex: To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning.
4. Bolstering (verb)(सशक्त) – support or strengthen
Synonyms – bulwark, sustain
Antonyms – obstruct, discourage
Ex: For this is one of those disheartening instances where truth requires full as much bolstering as error.
5. Hovered (verb)(उड़ना)– remain in one place in the air
Synonyms – flutter, waver
Antonyms – settle, rest
Ex: “Army helicopters hovered overhead”.
6. Upsurge (noun)(चढ़ाव)– an upward surge in the strength or quantity of something; an increase
Synonyms – recovery, improvement
Antonyms – downturn
Ex: Expecting another upsurge of emotions to spoil this exchange.
7. Embark (verb)(जहज़ पर चढ़ना)– go on board a ship or aircraft
Synonyms – commence, entrain
Antonyms – cease, disembark
Ex: Delightful inducements to embark, fine chance for promotion, it seems–aye, a stove boat will make me an immortal by brevet.
8. Stimulus (noun)(प्रोत्साहन)– a thing or event that evokes a specific functional reaction in an organ or tissue
Synonyms –catalyst, incentive
Antonyms – discouragement, deterrent
Ex: The statistics of the killed usually afford all necessary stimulus to improvement.
9. Normalcy (noun)(सामान्य स्थिति)– the condition of being normal; the state of being usual, typical, or expected
Synonyms –ordinariness, prevalence
Ex: The sense of normalcy faded as they moved through the mall.
10. Cognisance (noun)(ध्यान में रखते)– knowledge or awareness
Synonyms –apprehension, perception
Ex: “he brought the affair to the cognizance of the court”.
11. Elite (noun) (अभिजात वर्ग)– a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society
Synonyms – best, nonpareil
Ex: He looked over his team, whose mission was to protect both theelite and non-elite.
12. Indigenously (adjective)(स्वदेश में)– originating in and characteristic of a particular region or country, native
Synonyms – congenitally, natively
Ex: The most indigenous inhabitants were the American Indians.
13. Propulsion (noun)(संचालक शक्ति)– the action of driving or pushing forwards
Synonyms – pressure, momentum
Antonyms – impotence, lethargy
Ex: When they are used for the propulsion of ships recourse is had to “torsion meters” which measure the amount of twist undergone by the propeller shafts while transmitting power.
14. Propellant (noun)(फेंकने योग्य) – a substance that propels something, in particular
Synonyms – ammunition, detonator
Ex: Place it on tinder with the remaining propellant and you will soon have a fire going.
15. Ignition (noun)(प्रज्वलन)– the action of setting something on fire or starting to burn
Synonyms – tumult, turmoil
Antonyms – peace, order
Ex: It can be made at a temperature as low as 300° C., and is then a soft, very friable material possessing a low ignition point.
16. Sustaining (verb)(थामनेवाला)– strengthen or support physically or mentally
Synonyms – convey, foster
Antonyms – invalidate, obstruct
Ex: They can be made, too, to cover in any extent of area withoutsustaining walls.
17. Trajectories (noun)(प्रक्षेप पथ)– the path followed by a projectile flying or an object moving under the action of given forces
Synonyms – route, movement
Ex: The amount, however, still depends on the time of flight, as the retardation of the air to the falling velocity may be neglected in the case of flat trajectory guns.
18. Prolong (verb)(बढ़ाना)– extend the duration of
Synonyms –perpetuate, stretch
Antonyms – abbreviate, expedite
Ex: He quickened his pace, having little reason to prolong the trip.
For more details click here
Thank you, all the best. and lets study together.