Winners of Wimbledon Championships 2019
Wimbledon Championships 2019 Highlights. Grand Slam Tournaments 2019. Wimbledon Championships 2019 PDF for Bank, Railway and other competitive exams. The Wimbledon Championships 2019 (133rd) was a Grand Slam tennis tournament that took place at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom. The main tournament began on Monday 1 July 2019 and finished on Sunday 14 July 2019. Novak Djokovic is the Wimbledon champion after winning a breathtaking five-set final over Roger Federer, 7-6 (7-6), 1-6, 7-6 (7-4), 4-6, 13-12 (7-3) in a match that featured the first fifth-set tiebreak in Wimbledon singles history.
The defending Gentlemen’s singles champion Novak Djokovic retained his title, while the defending Ladies’ singles champion Angelique Kerber lost in the second round to Lauren Davis. Simona Halep won the Ladies’ Singles title. This was the first Grand Slam tournament where both singles titles were won by players born in the Balkans. The tournament is run by the International Tennis Federation (ITF) and is included in the 2019 ATP Tour and the 2019 WTA Tour calendars under the Grand Slam category.
List of Winners of Wimbledon Championships 2019
The Championships, is the oldest tennis tournament in the world. Held at the All England Club in Wimbledon, London.
- First held in 1877.
- Wimbledon 2019 was the 133rd edition of the tournament.
- This tournament is run by International Tennis Federation.
- This year’s prize money at Wimbledon has increased for an eighth year in a row with the overall pot standing at £38 million.
- The men’s and women’s singles winners stand to earn the biggest slice of that pot with £2.35m each.
|List of Winners of Wimbledon Championships 2019|
|Men’s Singles||Novjak Djokovic (Serbia)||Roger Federer (Switzerland)|
|Women’s Singles||Simona Halep (Romania)||Serena Williams (USA)|
|Men’s Doubles||Juan Sebastian Cabal (Columbia)
Robert Farah (Columbia)
|Nicolas Mahut (France)
Edouard Roger-Vasselin (France)
|Women’s Doubles||Barbora Strýcová (Czech Republic)
Hsieh Su-wei (Taiwan)
|Gabriela Dabrowski (Canada)
Xu Yifan (China)
|Mixed Doubles||Latisha Chan (Taiwan)
Ivan Dodig (Croatia)
|Jeļena Ostapenko (Latvia)
Robert Lindstedt (Sweden)
Wimbledon Championships 2019 – Men’s Singles Title
- Winner – Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
- Runner-up – Roger Federer (Switzerland).
- Novak Djokovic (Serbia) beat Roger Federer 7-6, 1-6, 7-6, 4-6, 13-12 (longest ever final) to win his fifth Wimbledon title.
- This is Djokovic’s 16th Grand Slam and 5th Wimbledon title.
List of Winners of Wimbledon Championships 2019 – Women’s Singles Title
- Winner – Simona Halep (Romania)
- Runner-up – Serena Williams (USA)
- Simona Halep (27-years) beat Serena Williams (37-years) 6-2, 6-2 to win her first Wimbledon title.
- With this, Simona Halep became the first Romanian player to win a senior Wimbledon singles title.
List of Winners of Wimbledon Championships 2019 – Men’s Doubles
- Winner – Juan Sebastian Cabal (Colombia) & Robert Farah (Colombia)
- Runner-up – Edouard Roger- Vasselin (France)& Nicolas Mahut (France)
Winners of Wimbledon Championships 2019 – Women’s Doubles
- Winner – Barbora Strycova (Czech Republic) & Hsieh Su-Wei (Taiwan)
- Runner-up – GabrielaDabrowski & XuYifan
Winners of Wimbledon Championships 2019 – Mixed Doubles
- Winner -JeļenaOstapenko (Latvia) & Robert Lindstedt (Sweden).
- Runner-up – LatishaChann & Ivan Dodig
Grand Slam Tournaments
The four Grand Slam tournaments are the most prestigious events on the tennis calendar. Players travel from around the world to contest these major tournaments. The four Grand Slam tournaments are:
- Non-Calendar Year Grand Slam– Winning the four majors in consecutive tournaments but not in the same year.
- Career Grand Slam– Winning all four majors at any point during a career.
- Golden Grand Slam- Winning the gold medal at the Summer Olympic Games in addition to the four majors in the single calendar year.
- Super Slams- Winning the gold medal at the Summer Olympic Games + four majors in sing
|Australian Open||Hard Courts||Mid-January|
|US Open||Hard Courts||May and June|
|French Open||Clay||June and July|
|Wimbledon||Grass||August and September|
विंबलडन चैंपियनशिप 2019 के विजेताओं की पूरी सूची | PDF डाउनलोड करें
Wimbledon Championships 2019
The Championships, Wimbledon, commonly known simply as Wimbledon, or The Championships, is the oldest tennis tournament in the world, and is regarded by many as the most prestigious. It has been held at the All England Club in Wimbledon, London, since 1877 and is played on outdoor grass courts, and since 2009 with a retractable roof over Centre Court. Wimbledon is one of the four Grand Slam tennis tournaments, the others being the Australian Open, the French Open and the US Open. Since the Australian Open shifted to hardcourt in 1988, Wimbledon is the only major still played on grass, by many considered as the classic tennis court.
The tournament is run by the International Tennis Federation (ITF) and is included in the 2019 ATP Tour and the 2019 WTA Tour calendars under the Grand Slam category. The tournament consists of men’s (singles and doubles), women’s (singles and doubles), mixed doubles, boys (under 18 – singles and doubles) and girls (under 18 – singles and doubles), which is also a part of the Grade A category of tournaments for under 18, and singles & doubles events for men’s and women’s wheelchair tennis players as part of the UNIQLO Tour under the Grand Slam category, also hosting singles and doubles events for wheelchair quad tennis for the first time.