Time Management Strategy for SSC CGL Tier- 1 (Prelims) 2018
Time Management Strategy for SSC CGL Prelim. As you know Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has recently released SSC CGL EXAM 2018 Notification and the new exam pattern for SSC CGL exam 2018 will be the same as in the previous. Staff Selection Commission is going to conduct the SSC CGL Tier – 1 exam on 25th July 2018 To 20th August 2018.
Aspirants are now in a state of a dilemma since the numbers of questions have been normalized and the changed exam pattern has created apprehension amongst the aspirants since the time limit for the Tier-I exam has been only 60 minutes. The SSC CGL Tier-I exam 2018 would comprise of 100 questions and the time duration is 60 Minutes.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2018
|Subject||No. of Question||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||25||50||60 Minutes (Total)|
In the SSC CGL Exam, the aspirants are assessed on the basis of their abilities to attempt maximum questions in minimal time duration and with good accuracy. So every aspirant needs to proper plan, a time management strategy to attempt maximum questions in given time during the exam. In any exam, the overall performance is affected by the accuracy and the speed of attempting of questions.
Before appearing in the exam candidates should frame a strategy in order of attempt or which section to attempt in the first and which at the end, how much time to be spent on each section.
Now here we will provide you “Time management Strategy for SSC CGL Tier- 1” that can help you crack the SSC-CGL Tier-1 examination 2018.
Time management Strategy for SSC CGL Tier- 1
|Section Name||Questions||Good Attempts||Time (in mins.)|
- In exam Start with the Section which is you’re strong so that it will keep you motivated and you will get the boost to attempt other sections.
- While attempting the paper, attempt the Quantitative Aptitude Section at last so that you can dedicate that extra time to this section which you saved from other sections. As this section is lengthy and calculative it needs more time answers accurately.
- Try to avoid lengthy calculations by solving relatively scoring and easier questions first.
Subject wise Time management Strategy
SSC CGL 2018 Preparation Strategy for Reasoning Ability
- The reasoning section is generally a scoring subject as it is a test to observe your mental and problem-solving ability. If the aspirant is able to apply it, he can easily score well in this section but in this section aspirants make silly mistakes so be very careful while answering questions.
- It is advised that you allocate not more than 17-18 minutes to this section. You should be able to easily attempt at least 16-18 questions in the 18 minutes with good accuracy if you are well prepared. Don’t spend more than one minute on any question.
- In SSC exam generally, we see that questions asked from previous years papers so advised to you before appearing the exam practice 5-10 years previous years papers.
- Try to attempt first series problems, Ranking, Coding-Decoding, Alphabet & Dictionary, Directions, Classification/Odd Pair, and Syllogism.
- Remember the sequencing of alphabets and you should also remember their numerical position as per 1 to 26.
SSC CGL 2018 Preparation Strategy for English Language
- Many of aspirants are always face difficulty in attempting English section as it is the most avoided and least prepared section. Exam point of view, if you spend time consistently, you can perform well in this section as English is not something you can expect to master in a day.
- You are advised that you allocate not more than 12 minutes to this section. You should be able to easily attempt at least 16-18 questions in the 12 minutes with accuracy If you are skillful enough in this section
- Don’t skip the Reading comprehension part, the passages asked in the exam are easy and can be scored off quickly.
- In Fill in the blanks use the method of elimination and checking which of the options best satisfies both the entries.
- Try to attempt first Reading comprehension, Fill in the blanks, Spotting Errors, Idioms/Phrases & One Word Substitution, Synonyms and Antonyms, Spelling Mistakes and so on.
SSC CGL 2018 Preparation Strategy for General Awareness
- This can be one of the most scoring sections of SSC CGL Tier 1 examination. If you are good enough in this section, it will hardly take you 7-8 minutes to attempt questions of this section and you should be able to easily attempt at least 15-17 questions. Don’t spend more than half minute on any question and don’t attempt questions which you are not sure about. Attempt only those questions which you are sure about.
- General Awareness is the important section of the exam because you can score more marks in less amount of time. In this section generally high weighted topic is General science and Static GK+ History so you may be briefly covered in NCERT books (9-12 class) for good knowledge of this section.
- Current affairs also an important part of this so updates with a daily current event and economic news.
SSC CGL 2018 Preparation Strategy for Quantitative Aptitude
- Quantitative Aptitude is the most tricky, difficult yet scoring section of the SSC CGL Tier 1 examination. It is advised that you allocate not more than 20-22 minutes to this section. You should be able to easily attempt at least 16-18 questions in the 20-22 minutes with good accuracy if you are well prepared. Don’t spend more than one minute on any question and try to attempt this section at the very end.
- In order to perform well in this section, you need to apply short tricks to solve questions. It will accelerate your speed and save time.
- In this section there will be 25 questions then we can say that 12 questions from advanced math and 13 question form arithmetic or vice versa. You can solvethe question of arithmetic easily but it is time taken and in advanced maths question also can be solved easily in less time if you know the short trick. Try to use elimination method, if you are able to eliminate 2 options out of 4 then go for it. You are advised to invest not more than 25 minutes in this section.
SSC CGL 2018 – Important Links
|110+ SSC CGL Previous Year Questions Papers PDF – Download Now||Click Here|
|SSC CGL 2017 Questions Papers PDF – Download Now||Click Here|
|SSC CGL 2016 Questions Papers PDF – Download Now||Click Here|
|SSC CGL Previous Year Papers PDF (2010-15) – Download Now||Click Here|
|Best Books for SSC CGL 2018 Exam Preparation – Check Here||Click Here|
|SSC CGL Previous Year Cut-Off Marks (2012 to 2017) – Check Here||Click Here|
|SSC CGL 2018 official Recruitment Notification||Click Here|
हाई लेवल डाटा इंटरप्रिटेशन प्रैक्टिस वर्कबुक (नवीनतम पैटर्न पर आधारित 200+ प्रश्न विस्तृत समाधान के साथ) – डाउनलोड करने के लिए क्लिक कीजिये
SBI Clerk 2018 | Railway RRB ALP & Group D | NABARD Grade A Study Material
|S. No.||Exams||Direct Links|
|1.||SBI Clerk 2018||Click Here|
|2.||SBI PO 2018||Click Here|
|3.||Railway RRB ALP & Group D 2018||Click Here|
|4.||NABARD Grade A Study Material 2018||Click Here|