Jitendra Singh Inaugurates Devika and Puneja Bridges in J&K
- The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh said that despite challenges posed by Covid19 this year, the Government is committed to complete every project across the country and the pace of development won’t stop at any cost. He said this while e-inaugurating two important bridges, Devika River Bridge in Udhampur and the Puneja Bridge in Bhaderwah, in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The e-inauguration of the most demanded Devika River Bridge in Udhampur, Dr. Jitendra Singh said that the 70-year-old demand of the people got fulfilled, and will become a game-changer for traffic issues in the region. He said that apart from taking care of the traffic congestion and developmental needs of the Udhampur town, Devika River Bridge will also help in the smooth passage of Army convoys and vehicles.
- Dr. Singh further said that even during the lockdown from last many months due to the global pandemic, the country has not compromised with the pace of development as has been promised by the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi.
- Dr. Singh reiterated that the honorable Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi has emphasized upon all to dedicate completed projects to the people without waiting for official formalities as this Government would never like that people face difficulties of any kind.
- Appreciating the timely efforts of Border Roads Organization for completing the development projects across the country and for constructing 200 bridges in the region in the last 4-5 years, Dr. Singh said that BRO is doing its best despite difficulties due to the lockdown this year and also applauded its efforts for the completion of much-demanded projects like Atal Setu Cable Bridge, Devika Bridge, etc.
- Referring to the various developmental projects undertaken in the region in the last 5-6 years like the Medical Colleges, Radio Station, National Institute for High Altitude Medicinal Plants, Dhar Road Project, besides a string of road and bridge projects, Dr. Jitendra Singh said that all this demonstrate a new development paradigm under Shri Narendra Modi Government and are a witness to the speed of progress this Government is dedicated to and it won’t stop until it reaches the last man in the queue.
- Dr. Singh also said that this Government is unswerving to connect different states through expressways and the day is not far when it will take only six hours to reach Delhi from Udhampur upon completion of the Delhi-Katra Expressway.
- The Union Minister also inaugurated Puneja Bridge constructed by BRO in Bhaderwah in Doda District. Basoli-Bani-Bhaderwah road is a vital alternate link to the Doda, Kishtwar, Bhaderwah, and Kashmir valley from Pathankot (Punjab) region without passing through Jammu and Udhampur. Dr.Jitendra Singh said that new connectivity and infrastructure projects will make Doda emerge as a new center of development.
- Pertinent to mention that the Devika River Bridge is a 10-meter two-lane class AA/70 R Load Bridge, in Udhampur constructed at an estimated cost of Rs. 74.18 lac and the strategically important Puneja Bridge is a 50-meter two-lane class AA/70 R Load Bridge on Basoli-Bani-Bhaderwah road constructed at an estimated cost of Rs. 409.25 lac. Both the bridges were constructed by the Border Roads Organisation.
About Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region-
The Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region is a Government of India ministry, established in September 2001, which functions as the nodal Department of the Central Government to deal with matters related to the socio-economic development of the eight States of Northeast India- Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura and Sikkim.
- Founded – September 2001
- Headquarters- New Delhi
- Minister- Jitendra Singh
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें