Jahnabi Phookan appointed as National President of FICCI FLO
- Jahnabi Phookan has been appointed as National President of FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO), the oldest women-led and -focused business chamber of Southeast Asia and the women’s wing of the apex chamber Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- She took over from outgoing National President Harjinder Kaur Talwar at the 36th FLO Annual Session – Rising Above Covid Challenges in the presence of Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla, according to a release.
- FICCI FLO represents over 8000 women entrepreneurs and professionals across 17 chapters nationally and works aggressively towards promoting economic empowerment and equal opportunities for women.
- Phookan is the 37th National President of FICCI FLO. In her role as the National President, she will focus on empowering women with entrepreneurship capabilities and professional excellence, enabling them to take up new challenges and maximise opportunities in the new normal post Covid.
- We at FICCI FLO are working towards women’s economic empowerment at various levels, but – going forward and in accordance with current times – our aim will be to focus on creating sustainable livelihoods for women to empower them further. We wish to move towards our aim by promoting entrepreneurship and professional excellence among women across the country and I am excited to embark on this journey.”
- Phookan is an entrepreneur, a co-founder of two National Tourism Award-winning companies: Jungle Travels India and Assam Bengal Navigation Company under JTI Group.
Her companies are focussed on travel & hospitality – boutique river cruising, small group specialised tours, tea and textiles – all of which empower young people’s livelihoods, especially women and their communities.
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry is an association of business organisations in India. Established in 1927, on the advice of Mahatma Gandhi by GD Birla and Purshottamdas Thakurdas, it is the largest, oldest and the apex business organization in India.
- The World Bank is a component of the World Bank Group.
- Formation – 1927
- Founder – Ghanshyam Das Birla, Purshottamdas Thakurdas
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- President– Sangita Reddy
- FLO was established in 1983, as a division of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and industry (FICCI) which is the apex body of industry and commerce in India. As an All India Organisation for women, with 17 chapters covering different geographical regions of India.
- FLO represents over 8000 women entrepreneurs and professionals.
- The objective of the organization is to encourage and facilitate women to showcase their talents, skills, experiences and energies across sectors and verticals of the economy, for a truly inclusive economic growth trajectory.
- Founded – 1983
- Head Office – New Delhi
- President – Jahnabi Phookan
- Sr. Vice-President – Ujjwala Singhania
- Executive Director – Rashmi Sarita
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें