India’s First Infectious Disease Diagnostic Lab Now Ready
- The first disease diagnostics lab in India is now ready. The mobile laboratory is a part of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s call for ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’. The laboratory promotes and supports the idea of being self-efficient in difficult times.
- The laboratory has been reported to be built in the recorded time of just 8 days from the date of receipt of Automotive Chassis, from Bharat Benz. The lab has been built with the support of the Department of Bio-Technology.
- The first infectious disease diagnostics lab is a BSL-2 facility that has Biochemistry analysers, real-time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), and on-site Elisa.
- Elisa is a technology designed for quantifying and detecting soluble substances such as proteins, antibodies, peptides, and hormones.
- The newly built disease diagnostics lab can easily test RT-PCR about 50 per day and ELISA about 200 per day.
- The lab has been built in the recorded time of just 8 days.
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें