Indian Navy Inducts Indigenously Developed Torpedo Decoy System
- Anti – Submarine Warfare capability of the Indian Navy has received a major boost with the conclusion of a contract for Advanced Torpedo Decoy System Maareech capable of being fired from all frontline warships. Design & Development of this anti-torpedo decoy system has been undertaken indigenously DRDO labs (NSTL and NPOL). Bharat Electronics would undertake the production of this decoy system.
- The prototype of this system installed onboard a nominated naval platform had successfully completed all user evaluation trials and demonstrated the features as per the Naval Staff Qualification Requirements.
- This induction not only stands testimony to the joint resolve of the Indian Navy and DRDO towards indigenous development of Defence technology, but has also given a major fillip to the Government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative and the country’s resolve to become ‘Atmanirbhar’ in niche technology.
The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development.
- Founded – 1958
- Headquarters–New Delhi
- Minister – Rajnath Singh
- Chairman – Dr. G. Satheesh Reddy
About Bharat Electronics Limited–
Bharat Electronics Limited is an Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company with about nine factories, and several regional offices in India. It is owned by the Indian Government and primarily manufactures advanced electronic products for the Indian Armed Forces.
- Headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Chairman & Manging Director(CMD) – Venkateswara Gowtama Mannava
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें