India Secures 168th Rank in Environment Performance Index 2020, Denmark Tops
- The 12th edition of the biennial Environment Performance Index (EPI Index 2020) was released by the Yale University on 4 June 2020 to indicate which countries are best addressing the environmental challenges.
- India has secured 168th rank in the 2020 EPI Index, among 180 countries, with a score of 27.6 out of 100.
- India was ranked at 177 with a score of 30.57 in 2018.
- Denmark has topped the index of 2020, followed by Luxembourg, Switzerland at next two positions.
- The EPI index is developed by Yale University and Columbia University in collaboration with the World Economic Forum and the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission.
- The prestigious Environmental Performance Index uses 32 performance indicators, across 11 issue categories, to provide a scorecard that can help policymakers and the public assess how well their countries are doing.
About Yale University–
Yale University is a private Ivy League research university in New Haven, Connecticut. Founded in 1701, it is the third-oldest institution of higher education in the United States and one of the nine Colonial Colleges chartered before the American Revolution.
- Founded – 9 October 1701
- Location– New Haven, US
- President– Peter Salovey
About Columbia University–
Established in 1754, Columbia University is a private Ivy League research university in Upper Manhattan, New York City. It was established as King’s College by royal charter of George II of Great Britain and renamed Columbia College in 1784 following the American Revolutionary War.
- Founded – 1754
- Location– New York, United States
- President– Lee Bollinger
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें