India Ranks 43rd on IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2020 – Singapore Tops
- India has been ranked at 43rd position among 63 nations, in the annual World Competitiveness Index for the year 2020 compiled by Institute for Management Development (IMD).
- Last year also India was at 43rd spot.
- Singapore has retained the top position this year also.
- Denmark, Switzerland, the Netherlands and Hong Kong are the top five countries.
- Among the BRICS nations, India is ranked second after China, followed by Russia (50th), Brazil (56th) and South Africa (59th).
- The IMD World Competitiveness Ranking is being produced by the IMD business school based in Switzerland and Singapore every year since 1989.
- It analyzes and ranks countries according to how they manage their competencies to achieve long-term value Creation.
- 2020 World Competitiveness Ranking is the 32nd edition of the index.
About International Institute for Management Development (IMD)–
International Institute for Management Development (IMD) is a business education school located in Lausanne, Switzerland. It specializes in executive education offering open enrollment programs for senior executives, as well as longer-term educational engagements that are customized for senior executives of a particular company. IMD is not part of a university, but it does offer MBA and Executive MBA programs.
- Founded- 1990
- Headquarters– Lausanne, Switzerland
- Chairman– Michel Demaré
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें