How to prepare English language for SBI PO 2018
How to prepare English language. English Language is an important and crucial section for SBI PO as well as all other banking exams. Even if you are not good enough in English, a proper preparation strategy can help you fetch good marks in this section. And this year SBI PO has introduced sectional time in Prelims exam, so you have to prepare for it carefully. New Pattern English language Questions will be part of English language section in SBI PO and it being crucial, you need to understand main components of English.
Before appearing in the SBI PO exams, First and foremost, it is important that you have a clear understanding of the SBI PO exam pattern and How to prepare English language. Below is the SBI PO Exam Pattern 2018-
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2018
SBI PO Prelims Exam will comprise of three sections, with a total of 100 marks and total time of 60 minutes has been allotted for this exam. This year SBI has introduced sectional time limit in the exam. You can go through the new exam pattern and sectional time division of SBI PO Prelims exam from the table below:-
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2018
|S. No.||Name of Test||No. of questions||Total Marks||Time Alloted|
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern 2018
|S.No.||Name of Tests||No. of Ques.||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time Allotted for Each Test|
|1.||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||English & Hindi||60 Minutes|
|2.||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||English & Hindi||35 Minutes|
|3.||English Language||35||40||English||40 Minutes|
|4.||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||English & Hindi||45 Minutes|
|5.||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||50||English||30 Minutes|
- The above tests except for the Tests of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
- For each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- The exam will be conducted online and it will carry objective type questions.
How to prepare English language for SBI PO 2018
English language section has proved to be very difficult for average students in almost all the recent banking examinations because of its surprising nature along with the unique type of questions in most of the examinations.
English language Preparation Strategy
If you are thinking that – How to prepare English language for SBI PO 2018? Then you are at the right place. In this article, we prescribed the English Language Preparation Strategy for SBI PO 2018 Prelims as well as SBI PO Mains, to help you all prepare for this section in a better way and perform well in SBI PO Exam 2018.
Topic wise Preparation Tips for English language
In English language section always starts the section with those questions in which you are confident. This will boost your confidence in the exam never try to attempt those questions in which you have doubts. You should always start with those questions in which you have good command and which seems easy i.e. – Cloze test, Para jumble, Fill in the blanks & Spotting Error, Sentence Improvement, Reading Comprehension. Now let us know about each of these one by one in detail-
English language Preparation Strategy – Reading Comprehension (RC)
- Reading comprehension (RC) is an important part of English language section.
- RC is mainly about your capacity to deduce something from the given piece of information and also understanding contextual meaning of words in the passage.
- 15-20 questions can come from this section in upcoming exams ( 8-10 in prelims and 15-20 in mains exam).
- To solve reading comprehension in minimum time, it is very important to have a good English reading speed. Extensive reading is the key to score good in the reading comprehension topic.
- While solving Reading Comprehension questions, try to first have a look at 1-2 questions and then proceed with the passage. This approach will help you mark out the answers easily.
- You can acquire good reading speed by reading English newspaper / English articles on a regular basis.
- Just read and enhance your vocabulary from any good English article every day. When your vocabulary is good, then it will fetch you 4 marks easily in reading comprehension topic.
- Don’t spend much time on single question.
- Practice at least one RC daily to be good in this topic
English language Preparation Strategy – Cloze Test
- Though these questions are not there in abundance these days but you may find them again all on a sudden.
- These questions are based on your understanding of the context of a paragraph. You are required to find the right word for the blank in a sentence in a paragraph.
- 5 or 10 questions are asked from this section in English language section.
- Cloze test is all about understanding the context of the passage.
- While solving the cloze test, read the passage and try to get the theme of the passage i.e Positive, negative, humorous theme and choose options according to that and also get the message behind the passage.
- Apply elimination method in cloze test also. Eliminate options one by one which cannot be right for the given blank according to you. This might help since all the sentences of the passage are logically connected with each other.
English language Preparation Tips & Tricks – Spotting Error/Sentence Improvement
- It is mostly about finding error in a number of sentences. It is about a bunch of sentences from which you have to find the wrong sentence or sentences.
- Read the sentence in its entirety and see if it makes sense to you; quite often, some error will be obvious and hence it will be easy to spot that out. If not, look for the options and see what appears to be the most logically correct choice
- This is a very scoring as well as less time taking topic of English language section. To score good in this topic, It is required to have good grammar knowledge. So, first be well aware about the grammar rules.
- While solving the questions on spotting errors, the first step you should take is to read the complete sentence carefully. In most of the cases, you will be able to detect the error in the first go itself.
- If you can still not detect the error or you are still unsure of the correct answer, then you must read each individual part of the sentence and closely examine which part consists of an error.
English language Preparation Tips & Tricks – Double fillers
- In fillers and Double fillers questions, apply the elimination technique. Eliminate options one by one which cannot be suitable according to you. Choose that option which fits the blank without changing the sense/theme of the sentence.
- 4-5 questions can come from this topic in the new pattern of exams.
- Read the complete sentence to get the message and go with the flow.
- Think of the logic behind the option, you can also go with Odd one out strategy.
English language Preparation Tips & Tricks – Para jumble
- Students are required to find the odd one from the given options in a given paragraph. These questions were very difficult in last year examination as the pattern was new.
- While solving Para jumbles, first have a quick glance at the given sentences to understand the gist of the paragraph. And, then look for the independent sentence, which usually is the first sentence of the paragraph.
- Read complete passage properly to find out the theme of the passage. Find out the Independent sentence, it’ll give you the lead (most of the time it’s 1st sentence) and Find out the connecting sentences.
- Identify the pair while looking for some cause, effect, problem, and then its solution.
- At last, find the message, result and conclusion mainly representing the purpose of the passage. (Special words – thus, therefore, hence, however, so etc.).
English language Preparation Strategy- Para summary
Para summary is a recently introduced topic in banking and insurance exams. In this section you have to identify that option in which the right summary of the passage is given. Read the paragraph carefully and deduce the theme by yourself in your mind. Then look at the option and find out which option is presenting the accurate and right essence of the given paragraph. The right essence is one which covers all the points of the paragraph. Also, right essence has the similar tone as the passage.
English language Preparation Strategy – Descriptive Paper
- The descriptive paper will be of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks assigned to the test of English Language. You will be tested on Letter Writing & Essay. You will be needed to secure passing marks to qualify the Descriptive Test, to be decided by the Bank.
- The Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in Objective Test.
Best Descriptive Paper Book – Download Here
|Descriptive Book Vol. I for (Essay Writing)||Descriptive Book Vol. II for Letter Writing|
3 Reasons Why SBI PO Mains Descriptive Paper is Easier than you Think
- SBI PO Mains Descriptive Exam’s Qualifying Nature: SBI PO Mains Descriptive Paper is just qualifying in nature; you don’t have to deal with the stress of maximizing your score.
- Content is Key Master: If you are preparing for SBI PO Descriptive Paper, it’s highly likely that you have good knowledge of Current Affairs and GK section (Statistical Data, Factual information, etc.). You can use this in the descriptive paper Essay and Letter. As we know that Quality content comes from good knowledge of current affairs and GK. If your content knowledge is good and your language is decent then you already win half the battle!!!
- You already know the Questions: The SBI PO Descriptive Paper is not going to be complete surprise because you already know that you will have to solve questions based an Essay related to recent events and you also know that you have to write a Letter which will be either formal or informal.
English Study Material for SBI PO 2018
|Reading Comprehension||Cloze Test|
|English Quiz on New Pattern Spotting Error||English Mixed Questions|
|Daily Vocabulary PDF||Complete List of Important Phrasal Verb PDF|
LST 100-100 Practice Shot – Attempt Here
|100 New Pattern Puzzle & Seating Arrangement Questions and Answers||100 High Level Data Interpretation Questions and Answers|
|100 New Pattern Cloze Test Questions & Answers||100 Reading Comprehension Questions & Answers|
हाई लेवल डाटा इंटरप्रिटेशन प्रैक्टिस वर्कबुक (नवीनतम पैटर्न पर आधारित 200+ प्रश्न विस्तृत समाधान के साथ) – डाउनलोड करने के लिए क्लिक कीजिये
SBI PO/Clerk 2018 | Railway Exams | SSC CGL 2018
|S. No.||Exams||Direct Links|
|1.||SBI Clerk 2018||Click Here|
|2.||Railway RRB ALP & Group D 2018||Click Here|
|3.||SSC CGL 2018||Click Here|