History questions has been playing very vital role in every exams. Candidates find these questions of History very relatable but find difficulty in answering History questions because of lack of practice so we are providing reliable and good quality set of History questions
Candidates who are preparing for different examination these History questions are very useful to know how well the preparation is going on. So here is set of some Indian History questions.
Set of general knowledge questions on History.
Directions (1–3): In the questions given below are two statements labeled as assertion (A) and (R). In the context of the two statements, which of the following is correct?
(a) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A.
(b) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A.
(c) A is true but R is false.
(d) A is false but R is true.
Q–1 Assertive (A): Imperialist school of history writing about is appeared with generalisation.
Reason (R): Imperialist historiographer divided Indian history on communal ground.
Q–2 Assertion (A): Ancient India Historical are charged with the lack of historical sense.
Reason (B): The author of Puranas speaks of four ages called to Krita, treta, dvapar and Kali.
Q–3 Assertion (A): Ganga- Yamuna Doab proved to be the most coveted and contested area.
Reasoning (R): The rivers served as arteries of commerce and communication in ancient times.
Q–4 At which of the following sites the first evidence of the cultivation of cotton has been found?
Q–5 When Raja Wodeyar founded the kingdom of Mysore, who was the ruler of the Vijaynagar empire?
(c) Ranga II
(d) Venkata II
Q–6 With reference to Delhi Sultanate, who was the founder of sayyida Dynasty.
(a) Khizr Khan
(b) Mubarak Shah
(c) Muhammad Shah
(d)Alauddin Alam Shah
Q–7 Fawaril in the sultanate period means.
(a) Extra payment made to the nobles
(b) Revenue assigned in lieu of salary
(c) Excess amount paid to the exchequer by the iqtadars.
(d) illegal exactions extracted from the peasants.
Q–8 which of the flow statements about Iltumish is correct
(A) He created the turkish nobility known as the chalisa (group of forty)
(B) He was the first sovereign ruler of the sultanate of Delhi.
(C) Iltumish was the first sultan, who issued currency and declare Delhi as the capital of his empire.
Select correct codes.
(1) A and B (2) only 3
(3) 2 and 3 (4) All of abov
Q–9 Consider the following statements
(A) In the first Anglo Mysore war Haider Ali defeated the British and treaty of Madras was signed.
(B) The treaty of Mangalore was signed by tipu Sultan as a result of 2rd Anglo Mysore war.
(C) Tipu Sultan became a member of jacobin club.
(D) A modern Arsenal in Dindejal was established by Haider Ali.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct
(2) A and B only
(3) A , B and C
(4) only B and D.
Qus-10 consider the correct chronological order in which the princely states of the British rule in India were annexed
(A) Jhansi (B) Sambalpur
(1) A, B C (2) A,C and B
(3) C, B, A (4) C, A B
- Ans- (a) Explanation:– To meet own interest British divided Indian society He story and Culture. They called ancient Indian period, medieval India and modern India a Hindu period Muslim and British period respectively. They have justified British rule a more scientifical and advanced than Hindu and Muslim.
- Ans-(d) Explanation- British historian blamed Indian history writer that they did not write history in chronological order. But, their blame was baseless, we have 18 puravas, the author of pwaras were aware about change, they speaks of four ages each succeeding age is depicted as worse than the preceding and as one age slides into the other, moral values and serial institution suffer degeneration.
- Ans-(A) Ganga- Yamuna Doab area was highly fertile there was no roads Material were moved by boat. river helped military and commercial transport that is almost continued till east India company.
- Ans-(c) Exlpanation:- Mehrgarh is situated in Baluchistan is a Neo Paleolithic site.
- Ans- (d) Explanation:- Venkata II ascended the throne in 1586 A.D and formed his capital Chandrgiri.
- Ans- (a)Explanation:- Khiji ruled frome 1290 to 1320 AD. Khilji Dynasty establishment is know as Khilji revoention in History.
- Ans- (c)
- Ans-(4) Explanation:- It tumish was successor of Kutubdin- Aibak. He ruled from 1210 to 1236 A.D. He was a governor of Badayun (U.P) at the time of Kutubdin- Aibak death.
- Ans-(1)Explanation:- There was four Anglo-Mysore war first held in 1766 to 69 where last fourth one held in 1799.
- Ans-(3)Explanation:- The annexation policy was adopted by lord Dalhousei.
“There is no royal road to anything. One thing at a time, all things in succession. That which grows fast, withers as rapidly. That which grows slowly, endures.”