History Practice Questions
History questions has been playing very vital role in every exams. Candidates find these questions of History very relatable but find difficulty in answering History questions because of lack of practice so we are providing reliable and good quality set of History Practice Questions.
Candidates who are preparing for different examination these History Practice Questions are very useful to know how well the preparation is going on. So here is set of some Indian History questions.
Set of general knowledge questions on History.
History Practice Questions Set-E
Q –1 Which one among the following statement about Ashokan Edicts is correct ?
(A) The pillar edicts were located in all parts of the empire.
(B) The edicts give details of his personal concerns but are silent on events of the empire.
(C) The subjects of inscribed matter on Rock edicts differs completely with that of the pillar edicts.
(D) The Greek or Aramaic edicts are versions or translations of the tents used in other edicts.
Q –2 the ancient Indian play Mudrarakshasa of Vishakhadutt has its subject on
(A) A conflict between Gods and Demons at Ancient Hindu Lore.
(B) A romantic story of an Aryan prince and a tribal woman.
(C) A romantic story of Gupta empire
(D) The court intrigues at the time of Chandra Gupta Maurya.
Q –3 Which of the following statements given below are not correct.
(1) Amir Khusrau was a Sufi saint, writer of Persian and Hindi and also a historian.
(2) Amir Khusrau Mentions about the custom of Jauhar.
(3) Amir Khusrau’s Nur-siphr was composed by him in praise of India.
Which statements is/are correct
(B)1 and 2
(C) 1, 2 and 3
(D) none of these
Q –4 Which one of the following statements is correct
(A) Kashmir was annexed to the Mughal empire by Humayun.
(B) Gujarat was annexed to the Mughal empire by Akbar.
(C) Malwa was annexed to the Mughal empire by jahangir.
(D) Khandesh was annexed to the Mughal empire by shahjahan.
Q –5 Match list I with list II and select the codes correctly listed below
- Land allotted to big feudal landlords.
- Land allotted to revenue farmers or rent collectors
- Land allotted to each peasants with the right to sublet, mortgage, gift or sell
- Revenue settlements made at village level
- jagirdari system
- Ryotwari system
- Mahalwari system
- Zamindari systems
A B C D
(A) 1 3 2 4
(B) 1 4 2 3
(C) 3 4 1 2
(D) 2 1 3 4
Q –6 Which among the following, is/are the impacts of industrial revolution in English?
(1) Cottage industry was replaced by the factory system of production using machines
(2) It led to the overpopulation of villages
(3) It led to the emergence of working class movement
Select the correct answer using the codes given below
(A) 1, 2 and 3
(B) 1 and 3
(C) only 1
(D) 2 and 3
Q –7 under which charter Act the commercial activities of East India Company was ended
(A) The charter Act of 1793.
(B) The charter Act of 1813.
(C) The charter Act of 1833.
(D) The charter Act of 1853.
Q –8 which of the following statements about industrial revolution in Europe is not correct?
(A) Britain was the first country to experience the industrial revolution.
(B) English was fortunate as coal and iron resources were plentifully available, as were other minerals lead, copper and tin–that were used in industry.
(C) From the 1780, the iron industry symbolized the British industrial revolution.
(D)In England, the movement of goods between markets was helped by a good network of rivers and an indented coastline.
Q –9 Which one among the following states was first annexed by Lund Dalhousie under the Doctrine of Lapse?
Q –10 Which among the following statements related to Raja Rammohan Roy is correct?.
(1) He started the Atmiya Sabha.
(2) He wrote the gift of monotheist.
(3) He published the precepts of Jesus
(4) He founded the Brahmo Sabha
Select the correct answer using the codes given below.
(A) 2, 3 and 4
(B) 1, 2 and 3
(C) 1, 3 and 4
(D) All of these
History Practice Questions Set-E Solutions
- Ans– (B) Explanation– There are 14 major Rock edicts depicting various principles of dhamma and Asoka’s message to people.
- Ans– (D)explanation– Vishakhadutt, is ‘Mudraraksha’ gives detail history of Mouryan court conflict in the form of play.
- Ans– (C) explanation– Amir Khusrau was disciple of Nizamuddin Aulia and historian and poet of Alaudin khilji as well as Tuglaq dynasty.
- Ans– (B) explanation– Akbar annexed the Gujrat in 1573, and in memory of this success he built Buland Darwaza in Fatehpur sikri (Agra).
- Ans– (B) Explanation– Agrarian reforms adopted by the British to generate more revenue and the land for commercial interest.
- Ans– (A)explanation– In England Industrial revolution brought many changes in Socio-Economic set up of Britain that heavily inference the British policy towards India.
- Ans– (C) Explanation– The charter Act of 1833, gave another 20 years of lease to company but ended the company monopoly and opened the India market for other British trade players.
- Ans– (C) Explanation– For iron are England was depended upon its colonies..
- Ans– (D) explanation– Satara was annexed through Lapse policy in 1848.
- Ans– (D) explanation– Raja Ram Mohan Roy is considered as a pioneer of modernization of India society.
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” —Abraham Lincoln