Haryana and J&K to provide tap water to all rural households ahead of national goal
- Haryana and Union Territory (UT) Jammu & Kashmir have planned to provide tap water connection to all rural households by December, 2022, ahead of the national goal by 2024-25.
- At present, 18.83 lakh out of total 28.94 lakh households in Haryana have Functional Household Tap Connection (FHTCs) whereas 5.75 lakh out of 18.17 lakh households in J&K have such basic facility of drinking water through tap connections.
- Out of the remaining 10.11 lakh households in Haryana, the state has planned to provide tap connections in 7 lakh households by 2020-21.
- Haryana and J&K presented their revised action plan to the department of drinking water & sanitation of the Jal Shakti (water resources) ministry.
- The ministry has been implementing the centre’s ambitious ‘Jal Jeevan Mission’ (JJM) in partnership with states to ensure every rural household in the country has FHTC for drinking water in adequate quantity and prescribed quality on regular and long-term basis at affordable service delivery charges by 2024-25.
- J&K is planning for 100% coverage of all 5,000 villages of 3 districts – Gandharbal, Srinagar and Reasi – during the current year.
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें