Harsimrat Kaur Badal Launches Food Processing Edition of Exclusive Investment Forum
- Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal today said that new opportunities are opening up in Food processing sector.
- She was launching the Food Processing Edition of the Exclusive Investment Forum. Invest India has designed this forum of unique sectoral series to conduct detailed conversations between global industry leaders and key decision makers from the highest levels of the Central and State Governments.
- The Minister said that due to the COVID pandemic, the sector has seen unique challenges and has been playing a very important role in ensuring that the lockdown remained successful.
- She said, a few challenges that are currently being faced are those related to global trade which has seen a dip along with the dip in domestic demand. She said, these challenges are leading to opening up of new opportunities such as the exclusive forum which has made it possible for over 180 investors, 6 state governments and the Central government to be at the same place at the same time. Ms Badal further explained about the opportunities available in the Indian food processing sector to the participants. She also informed that many projects funded by the Ministry have also been getting new orders from new geographies recently.
- She said that her Ministry will support all states to pick up on the ‘go vocal for local’ thought.
About Ministry of Food Processing Industries-
The Ministry of Food Processing Industries is a ministry of the Government of India responsible for formulation and administration of the rules and regulations and laws relating to food processing in India.
- Founded – 1947
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Minister – Harsimrat Kaur Badal
- Minister of State (MoS)- Rameswar Teli
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें