GAIL (India) and Energy Efficiency Services sign MoU for development of Trigeneration projects in India
- GAIL (India) Limited and Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Wednesday in New Delhi for cooperation in the development of Trigeneration projects in India.
- The MoU aims at building a closer strategic partnership between the two companies by jointly exploring business opportunities in the Trigeneration business segment in India.
- Under this MOU, GAIL & EESL shall jointly undertake studies and if found viable, 50:50 joint venture between GAIL & EESL will be incorporated for undertaking Trigeneration projects, the company said.
- Santanu Roy, Executive Director (Business Development & Project Development) signed the MoU on the behalf of GAIL, while Amit Kumar Kaushik, Executive Director (Strategic Growth) inked the MoU on the behalf of EESL in the presence of Manoj Jain, C&MD – GAIL and Saurabh Kumar, MD – EESL through video conference. Trigeneration or Combined Cooling, Heat and Power (CCHP) typically involves natural gas- fired generators to produce electricity.
- The waste heat from flue gas is recovered to produce hot water / steam which in turn used for heating purposes and also in absorption chillers for cooling.
- During the signing ceremony, Manoj Jain stated, “There is a significant market potential for trigeneration projects in India, particularly small industrial & commercial sectors and office buildings.
- As trigeneration business is at initial stage, the collaboration would enable to take first mover advantage in the trigeneration business similar to GAlL’s city gas business. Further, it would also push gas usage in new applications which is in line with GAIL’s Strategy 2030. Accordingly, the strategic partnership between GAIL & EESL is a win- win situation for both the companies.
Gail Limited is Government of India undertaking company. Gail is the largest state-owned natural gas processing and distribution company in India. It is headquartered in New Delhi. It is a state-owned enterprise of the Government of India, under the administrative control of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- Founded – 1984
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- MD & CEO– Manoj Jain
Energy Efficiency Services Limited is an energy service company of the Government of India and is the world’s largest public ESCO. It is 100% government owned, a joint venture of state-owned NTPC Limited, Power Finance Corporation, Rural Electrification Corporation and POWERGRID.
- Founded – 2009
- Headquarters– New Delhi, India
- Chairman– Rajeev Sharma
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें