Former Union Minister Dalit Ezhilmalai passed away at 74
- Former Union Minister of State for Health Dalit Ezhilmalai passed away at 74 in his residence in Chennai, Tamil Nadu due to a cardiac arrest.
- He was born on 24th July 1945 in Irumbedu village, Chengalpattu, Tamil Nadu
ABOUT Mr. Ezhilmalai
- He served in the Former Post & Telegraph Department of the Government of India Between 1963 and 1987 and deputed to the Army for five years.
- He participated in the Indo-Pak War of 1971 as an army officer and received Sainik Sewa Medal for his meritorious service.
- He was one of the founding members of Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) and was the first general secretary of the party in 1989.
- He became Union Minister of State for Health in Vajpayee government in 1998-99.
- He was the last Dalit MP from the State who was elected from a general constituency.
- In 2001, the then general secretary of AIADMK, J Jayalalithaa, fielded Ezhilmalai from Tiruchy in the by-election.
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें