Former Miss World Manushi joins hands with UNICEF to Promote Menstrual Hygiene
- Former Miss World Manushi Chhillar has been roped in by UNICEF to spread awareness on menstrual hygiene.
- According to a press release issued by the model’s team, she will be promoting the need to educate girls about maintaining hygiene, constructing adequate sanitation facilities and providing quick access to feminine hygiene products,.
- Manushi, who runs her own initiative on menstrual hygiene ‘Project Shakti’ that works across several states in India, said it is important to raise awareness on the critical issue.
- “Every young girl has the right to accurate information about her body. Without the right information, girls often don’t know how to safely manage their period. There still is silence and misinformation. We have come a long way but a lot still needs to be done.
- “We all need to contribute towards raising awareness on this. I’m proud and honoured to be associated with UNICEF for this novel initiative that aims at debunking misinformation, taboos and also raise awareness on this critical issue,” she said in a statement.
- On May 28, which is observed as the World Menstrual Hygiene Day, Manushi participated in UNICEF global initiative called the Red Dot Challenge — a symbol adopted by the world body to depict menstrual cycle.
- Manushi is making her acting debut in Bollywood with “Prithviraj” opposite Akshay Kumar. She will be playing the royal princess Sanyogita.
The United Nations Children’s Fund is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide.it is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.UNICEF’s activities include immunizations and disease prevention, administering treatment for children and mothers with HIV, enhancing childhood and maternal nutrition, improving sanitation, promoting education, and providing emergency relief in response to disasters.
- Founded – 11 December 1946
- Headquarters – NewYork, US
- President– Rabab Fatima(Bangladesh)
- Executive Director– Henrietta H. Fore
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें