Expected Reading Comprehension Questions
Expected Reading Comprehension for SBI Clerk. Welcome to the www.letsstudytogether.co online English section. If you are preparing for SBI Clerk & NABARD Grade A 2018 exam, you will come across a section on the English language. Here we are providing you Expected Reading Comprehension Questions for SBI Clerk, IDBI Executive and NABARD Grade A, based on the latest pattern of your daily practice.
Important Reading Comprehension Questions for SBI Clerk will help you learn concepts on important topics in English Section.This “Expected Reading Comprehension Questions “ is also important for other banking exams such as SBI Clerk, IDBI Executive and Syndicate PO, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SBI Clerk, IBPS RRB Officer, IBPS RRB Office Assistant, IBPS SO, SBI SO and other competitive exams.
Expected Reading Comprehension Questions | Set – 60
Directions:(1-10) Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions.
India’s supercomputing prowess moved up several notches on Monday after it unveiled Pratyush, an array of computers that can deliver a peak power of 6.8 petaflops. One petaflop is a million billion floating point operations per second and is a reflection of the computing capacity of a system.
According to a statement by the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pratyush is the fourth fastest supercomputer in the world dedicated for weather and climate research and follows machines in Japan, USA and the United Kingdom. It will also move an Indian supercomputer from the 300s to the 30s in the Top500 list, a respected international tracker of the world’s fastest supercomputers.
The machines will be installed at two government institutes: 4.0 petaflops HPC facility at IITM, Pune; and 2.8 petaflops facility at the National Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecast, Noida.
The government had sanctioned ₹400 crore last year to put in place a 10-petaflop machine. A key function of the machine’s computing power would be monsoon forecasting using a dynamical model. This requires simulating the weather for a given month — say March — and letting a custom-built model calculate how the actual weather will play out over June, July, August and September.
With the new system, it would be possible to map regions in India at a resolution of 3 km and the globe at 12 km. While inaugurating the facility at IITM, Pune, Union Science Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan said Pratyush would be India’s ‘premier’ HPC (high-performance computing) and was a step up from India’s current peak capacity of 1.0 PF.
1. In which of the following city or cities will the machine (which is talked about in the passage) be installed?
D. Options A and C
E. Options B and C
2.What was the desired computing capacity of the machine for which Rs 400 crore was sanctioned by the government last year?
A. 4.0 Petaflops
B. 2.8 Petaflops
C. 10 Petaflops
D. 6.8 Petaflops
E. None of the above
3. Which of the following scenario or scenarios are suitable for the machine to forecast monsoon or weather over June, July, August, and September using a dynamical model?
- Weather data is given for 50 hours duration in the month of March
- Weather data is given for 1 day in the month of March
- Weather data is given for 31 days duration in the month of March
A. Both A and C
B. Only C
C. Both B and C
D. Only B
E. Only B
4. Which country has the fourth fastest supercomputer in the world?
D. The United Kingdom
E. Information Insufficient
5. What is the current rank of the fastest Indian Supercomputer in terms of its Computing Power in the world according to the TOP500 list?
A. Among top 50s
B. Among top 30s
C. Among top 300s
D. Among top 100s
E. In 30s
6. What is the tone of the writer of the given passage?
E. None of the above
7.What is the tone of the writer for the Indian Supercomputing prowess in the passage?
E. None of the above
8. Choose the word/group of words which is most similar in meaning to the word/group of words printed in bold as used in the passage. Prowess
9. Choose the word/group of words which is most similar in meaning to the word/group of words printed in bold as used in the passage. array
10.Choose the word/group of words which is most opposite in meaning to the word/group of words printed in bold as used in the passage. respected
हाई लेवल डाटा इंटरप्रिटेशन प्रैक्टिस वर्कबुक (नवीनतम पैटर्न पर आधारित 200+ प्रश्न विस्तृत समाधान के साथ) – डाउनलोड करने के लिए क्लिक कीजिये
SBI Clerk 2018 | Railway RRB ALP & Group D | NABARD Grade A Study Material
|S. No.||Exams||Direct Links|
|1.||SBI Clerk 2018||Click Here|
|2.||SBI PO 2018||Click Here|
|3.||Railway RRB ALP & Group D 2018||Click Here|
|4.||NABARD Grade A Study Material 2018||Click Here|