Environment questions has been playing very vital role in every exams. Candidates find these questions of environment very relatable but find difficulty in answering environmental questions because of lack of practice so we are providing reliable and good quality set of environment questions
Candidates who are preparing for different examination these Environment questions are very useful to know how well the preparation is going on. So here is set of some Indian Environment questions.
Set of general knowledge questions on Environment.
1.Which among the following below within process helps in evolution?
- Natural selection
- Reproductive isolation
(a) 1, 2 and 3 (b) 2, 3 and 4
(c) 2 and 3 (d) All of these
2. Select the correct sequence of food chain in arctic waters from the following
(a) Zooplankton – diatoms – fish – polar bear – seal
(b) Diatoms – zooplankton – fish – seal – polar bear
(c) Fish – diatoms – seal – zooplankton – polar bear
(d) Diatoms – fish – polar bear – seal – zooplankton
3. Consider the following statements and choose the correct answer from the codes given below
- Soil erosion is the destruction of the upper layer of the soil by natural factors.
- General erosion is one when there is 25% less erosion of the land soil.
- Sheet erosion is caused when the upper fertile layer of the land is eroded by air or water.
(a) 1 and 2 (b) 2 and 3
(c) 1 and 3 (d) All of these
4. Ground water in the Bengal basin is mostly contaminated by
(a) Chromium (b) lead
(c) Cadmium (d) arsenic
5. Match Lis I (Environmental Degradation) with List Ii (Constituent Causing Degradation) and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists
List I List II
- Acid Rain 1. Nitrogen
- Automobile Smoke 2. Carbon dioxide
- Ozone Depletion 3. Nitrogen oxide
- Global Warming 4. Oxide of sulphur
- 5. Chlorofluorocarbons
A B C D A B C D
(a) 4 2 5 3 (b) 4 3 1 2
(c) 4 3 4 2 (d) 4 3 2 1
6. 12th Five year plan aims to
- Clean all the critically polluted rivers by 2020
- Train veterinary professionals to treat wildlife.
- Setup an autonomous body named National Environment Assessment and Monitoring Authority (NEAMA) for EIA, coastal zone regulations and marine fisheries regulations.
- All of above
7. Agriculture contributes significant amount of GHG emission in India. Which among the following is/are responsible for it?
- Methane from Rice paddies
- fermentation in ruminant animals
- Nitrous oxides from and fertilizers.
- Only 1 and 2
- Only 1 and 3
- only 2 and 3
- all of them
8. Green climate fund :
- Fund under UNFCCC
- To assist developing countries in mitigation and adaptation practices to counter climate change
- Headquarter-Inchon, South Korea
- All of the above
- Shares international boarder
- Northali Lake
- Raidak and Jayanti river
Above statements represents national parks:-
- Buxa national park
- Norkrek national park
- Dampha national park
- Sunderban national park
- Bastar hills
- Limestone caves
- Sal forest
Above represents which national park?
- Kanha national park
- Indravati national park
- Kanger ghati national park
- Hazaribagh national park
Thank you and let’s study together.