Education Minister Shares India’s E-Learning Intitiatives With G20 Member States
- Union HRD minister Ramesh Pokhriyal today virtually participated in G-20 Extraordinary Virtual Education Ministers’ Meeting. This special session has been convened to discuss the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic on the education sector, how different nations have dealt with it and how the member states can collaborate to further the cause of education in these difficult times.
- In his statement, Pokhriyal informed all members about India’s efforts to mitigate the impact of Covid-19 on all sectors including education.
- He also shared information about efforts of HRD Ministry to promote digital learning during Covid-19 crisis. “We have developed excellent digital educational content over the years. These are available on various platforms like DIKHSA, SWAYAM , Virtual labs, e-PG Pathshala and National Digital Library to name a few,” said Pokhriyal.
- He added, “We recognize that there are many students who do not have adequate access to digital means of education. To address the digital divide we making extensive use of TV channels — Swayam Prabha, a group of 34 DTH channels, and radio including Community Radio. With the help of these, we have succeeded in providing education 24×7 to students in the remotest areas.”
- The minister said that in order to bring all e resources on a common platform, India is soon going to launch Prime Minister eVIDYA programme.
This will include-
ONE NATION ONE DIGITAL PLATFORM’
- All educational e-resources will be brought on one platform under the concept of One Nation One Digital Program, with easy navigation through single integrated search.
ONE CLASS ONE CHANNEL
- There will be one dedicated TV channel per grade for classes 1 to 12, to provide quality educational material .
- The PMeVidya programme is expected to benefit nearly 25 crore school children.
ONLINE PROGRAMMES IN UNIVERSITIES
- 100 top ranked universities in the country are soon going to start full-fledged online programmes. ‘Permissible online component in Conventional, Open and Distance modes of education will be enhanced from 20 % to 40%.
SWAYAM MOOCS COURSES
- SWAYAM MOOCS courses are being mapped with university curriculum and Higher Education Institutions are being encouraged to make it part of curriculum.
- e-learning resources are being prepared in eight regional languages.
- Study material for the differently abled is being developed on Digitally Accessible Information System (DAISY) and in sign language .
- Manodarpan is an initiative by the Education Ministry for psychosocial support of students, teachers and families for their mental health and emotional wellbeing. A National Helpline has been set up to provide counselling.
- The Union minister reaffirmed India’s commitment to the efforts being taken by G-20 group of nations to continue with its focus on the development and advancement of flexible learning strategies, including a variety of distance and e-learning solutions within different country contexts.
About Ministry of Human Resource Development–
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, formerly Ministry of Education, is responsible for the development of human resources in India.The Ministry is held currently by Ramesh Pokhriyal and is divided into two departments: the Department of School Education and Literacy, which deals with primary, secondary and higher secondary education, adult education and literacy, and the Department of Higher Education, which deals with university education, technical education, scholarship etc.
- Founded– 26th September 1985
- Headquarters- New Delhi
- Minister – Ramesh Pokhriyal
- Minister of State-Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre
The G20 (or Group of Twenty) is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 19 countries and the European Union (EU). Founded in 1999 with the aim to discuss policy pertaining to the promotion of international financial stability.
- Founded– 26th September 1999
- Founder – Group of Seven
- Chairman– Saudi Arabian King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (2020)
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें