Defence Ministry signs MoU with eGov Foundation for online management of cantonment boards
- The joint initiative sees Directorate General Defence Estates (DGDE), Ministry of Defence and eGov Foundation working together to drive e-governance and improved citizen services across all 62 cantonment boards in the country.
- A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between DGDE and eGov Foundation on 08, May 2020 to implement a cloud-based platform to deliver various citizen services under the program named e-Chhawani.
- The MoU was signed over a video conference with dignitaries from eGov Foundation and DGDE.
- Meeting the mandate of Cantonment Boards towards citizen-centric service delivery, this move will stoke cantonment board’s commitment to enhanced governance through improved delivery of services via multiple channels and ease of access of all Cantonment Board-related information online.
- This blend of technological intervention and administrative reform will be achieved through DIGIT (Digital Infrastructure for Governance, Impact & Transformation) – India’s Largest Open Source Platform for Urban Governance.
- The application suite includes Dashboards, Web Portals, Property Tax, Miscellaneous Collection, Trade License, Public Grievance Redressal System, Fire NoC system, Water & Sewerage Charges, Online Building Permission System & Finance & Accounting System.
- In the event of signing the MoU, Smt Deepa Bajwa, Director General Defence Estates stated, “This initiative undertaken with eGov Foundation will help us enhance the harmonious relationship between the cantonment boards and the public we serve.
- With DIGIT platform, we aim at having uniform and well-defined work procedures, delivery of all services within pre-defined timelines, effective grievance redressal mechanism, a centralized decision support system to monitor and evaluate the performance of all offices and enhanced transparency for the public in availing services.”
- eGov Foundation, our mission is to improve the quality of life in India’s cities and towns by enabling responsive and reliable local services through our open platform -DIGIT.
- With this partnership, we aim at connecting citizens and bringing them closer to government services and improving the accountability and capacity of cantonment boards by providing them tools and data to their jobs more efficiently.”
- In order to address the need for scale and speed, eGov has built a DIGIT platform- a Public Digital Good that can be used by Governments, Enterprises and civil society to co-create and deploy locally relevant solutions.
- Over the last 17 years, we have partnered with more than 1000+ towns and cities across India and more than 12 Cr Citizens have benefited from our platform.
- We know there is much more to do to build a thriving, digitally-enabled ecosystem in all 4400+ towns and cities in India.
About eGov Foundation-
- eGov’s platform DIGIT is a manifestation of Societal Platform thinking, a systemic method to resolve complex societal challenges with speed, at scale, sustainably (Societal Platform is an initiative of EkStep Foundation). eGovernments Foundation transforms urban governance with the use of scalable and replicable technology solutions that enable efficient and effective municipal operations, better decision making, and contact-less urban service delivery.
- Headquarters– Bangalore, Karnataka
- CEO- Viraj Tyagi
- Director General – Deepa Bajwa