Daily Current Affairs Updates : 3 August 2017. Welcome to the letsstudytogether.co online current affairs section.Here we are providing a set of Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Banking Exams and other competitive exams.
Daily Current Affairs Updates : 3 August 2017
[maxbutton id=”30″ ]
Coconut Palm Declared State Tree Of Goa
- The State government passed an amendment to the Goa, Daman and Diu Preservation of Tress Act 1984, to include the coconut palm in the list of trees.
- The Cabinet also approved amendments to the Town and Country Planning Act 1976, thus creating three new posts for chief town planners.
- The State Cabinet also resolved to declare the coconut tree as the “State tree”.
Karnataka Bank to offer 5% for savings bank deposits over Rs. 1 cr.
- Karnataka Bank Ltd has introduced four interest variants on the balances maintained in Savings Bank (SB) accounts by its customers. The new rates will be effective from August 3.
- The interest rate has been increased to 5 per cent from the existing 4 per cent for daily balances of above Rs 1 crore. The interest rate remains at 4 per cent for balances of Rs 50 lakh to Rs 1 crore.
- The interest rate for the balance in the range of more than Rs 1 lakh to Rs 50 lakh is reduced to 3.5 per cent from 4 per cent.
- For the balance below Rs 1 lakh, the rate is reduced to 3 per cent from the existing 4 per cent.
Patanjali Teams Up With Facebook, Google For Digital Push
- Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev-led Herbal products manufacturer Patanjali Ayurved plans to team up with social media site Facebook and search engine Google in a push to increase its digital presence for better online marketing.
- In an attempt to reap bigger revenues, Patanjali will be investing in the online advertising for the first time. The Indian fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) giant garnered a whooping 15 crore views on You Tube by June while searches for Patanjali products on Google scaled up 11 times in the past four years and three fold over the past three years.
MCX inks MoU with Mahindra Agri farm price information
- The Multi Commodity Exchange of India (MCX) and Mahindra Agri Solutions have signed a pact to provide agriculture related price information.
- Mahindra Agri Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra.
- MCX will be providing price information, open interest information, spot price, future price and derived data (analytics) for all the agri commodities namely – CPO (crude palm oil), cotton, cardamom and mentha oil.
- This information will also be available on its mobile application.
Government approves MoU for BRICS agriculture research platform
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today gave ex-post facto approval for an MoU signed by India and other BRICS nations for setting up of an agriculture research platform.
- In October last year, a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for setting up agriculture research platform (ARP) was signed by foreign ministers of BRICS countries in the 8th BRICS Summit held at Goa.
Lok Sabha passes Banking Regulation Bill for non-performing assets
- The Lok Sabha has passed the Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2017 introduced last month to replace the existing ordinance promulgated in May this year to empower the Reserve Bank of India to deal with stressed assets.
- The Bill – The Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill 2017 – sought to amend the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
Humraaz app: Army to launch app for soldiers
- The Indian Army has developed a mobile application through which serving soldiers can track details like postings and promotions.
- Through the ‘Humraaz’ app, soldiers can also view their monthly salary slips and the Form 16 and also download them.
- For security reasons, the installation of the application has been linked to verification of Aadhar details.
SEBI Forms Committee On Fair Market Conduct
- Regulator Sebi today set up a committee on ‘fair market conduct’ which will suggest measures for improving surveillance of the markets and strengthen rules for algo trades, among other norms.
- The panel, under the chairmanship of former law secretary T K Viswanathan.
Cabinet Apprised Of MOU Between India And Spain On India-Spain Cooperation In Renewable Energy
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Spain on India-Spain Cooperation in renewable energy. The MoU was signed on 30th May, 2017 at Spain.
- The MoU will help in strengthening bilateral cooperation between the two countries with the exchange of expertise and networking of information.
Cabinet to scrap no-detention policy in schools
- The Union Cabinet has approved the scrapping of the no-detention policy in schools till Class 8.
- However, the students will have to be given a second chance to improve via an examination before they are detained.
- Under the current regime, students are promoted automatically till class VIII..
- Now they will be tested twice – in class V and VIII — and those who fails in the March exam will be given another chance in May.
- If the students fail in the 2nd attempt as well, the will be detained in the same class.
Justice B.N Srikrishna to head committee to study issues related to data protection
- Justice B N Srikrishna, former judge of the Supreme Court of India will head a Committee of experts which has been formed to deliberate on a data protection framework for the country.
- The government led ten-member committee will “identify key data protection issues in India and recommend methods of addressing them.”
East Bengal honours Dhanraj Pillay with ‘Bharat Gaurav’
Former India hockey captain Dhanraj Pillay was on Tuesday honoured by East Bengal football club on its foundation day here with its highest award, Bharat Gaurav.
Google’s Internet Saathi Programme Reaches 100,000 Villages.
- American Internet giant, Google India said that it has reached a milestone of 100,000 villages with its Internet Saathi programme which was launched as a pilot in Rajasthan in July 2015 along with Tata Trusts.
- Google will also be expanding the program in two new states – Haryana and Bihar.
Facebook Acquires AI Startup to Make Messenger Smarter
- Facebook has acquired an artificial intelligence (AI) startup Ozlo that specialises in understanding text-based conversations to build out a more elaborate personal assistant for the Messenger users.
Sanjaya Baru New Secretary General of FICCI
- Sanjaya Baru, who had earlier been media advisor to former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, has become the new secretary-general of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Ficci).
Payback announces Gautam Kaushik as new CEO
- Payback India has appointed Gautam Kaushik as the new Chief Executive Officer.
- Gautam Kaushik will spearhead the India operations and lead all the critical business areas including Strategic Business Planning and Development, Partner Management & Acquisitions and Customer Engagement.
- Prior to joining PAYBACK, Gautam was working with American Express (AMEX) as Vice President (VP) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Walmart India Appoints Devendra Chawla as EVP and COO
- Walmart India on Wednesday said that it has appointed Devendra Chawla as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer.
- Chawla had last month resigned from Future Consumer, a part of Kishore Biyani-led Future Group, where he was the CEO.
Former Union Minister Santosh Mohan Dev Passes Away.
- Former Union Minister Santosh Mohan Dev on Wednesday passed away at his home town in Silchar, Assam. He was 83.
- The Congress veteran was Heavy Industry Minister in the UPA-I government led by former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Monthly Current Affairs One Liner : July 2017 ( Download In PDF)
You may also download : –
|The Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary Monthly PDF – June 2017||Weekly Current Affairs One Liner July 2017|
You may also download Monthly The Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary:-
|The Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary Monthly PDF – June 2017
|The Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary Monthly PDF – May 2017
You may also download Monthly Current Affairs from May to April 2017 In English:-
|Monthly Current Affairs One Liner|
|Monthly Current Affairs One Liner||Monthly Current Affairs One Liner|
|Monthly Current Affairs One Liner||Monthly Current Affairs One Liner|
For more details click here
Thank you, all the best. and let’s study together.