Daily Current Affairs Updates : 2nd August 2017. Welcome to the letsstudytogether.co online current affairs section.Here we are providing a set of Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Banking Exams and other competitive exams.
Daily Current Affairs Updates : 2nd August 2017
PM announces Rs.2,350 crore aid for flood-hit Northeast States
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday announced a total package of 2,350 crore for all north eastern states for mitigating the impact of floods in short and long term basis.
- Modi is on a day-long visit to Guwahati where he will meet the Chief Ministers of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Nagaland and with respective Cabinets to take stock of the latest flood situation.
- In addition to that, the Prime Minister has announced a 100 crore corpus for setting up a research project to study the Brahmaputra and its role in creating devastating flood.
Monetary Policy: RBI cuts repo rate by 25 basis points to 6%
- The monetary policy committee (MPC) of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Wednesday cut its key policy rate by 25 basis points (bps), citing a sharp fall in consumer price inflation and the need to boost investment demand in the economy.
- Reduce the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 25 basis points from 6.25 per cent to 6.0 per cent with immediate effect.
- The decision of the MPC is consistent with a neutral stance of monetary policy in consonance with the objective of achieving the medium-term target for consumer price index (CPI) inflation of 4 per cent within a band of +/- 2 per cent, while supporting growth.
|Reverse Repo Rate||6.0||5.75|
|Marginal Standing Facility||6.50||6.25|
SBI debit cards now on Samsung Pay app
- Smartphone-maker Samsung, which recently launched its digital wallet app Samsung Pay in India, has tied up with State Bank of India to store higher variants of SBI debit cards on the app.
- This collaboration turns the Samsung smartphones into electronic card-holders and users can pay at point-of-sale (PoS) terminals with just a tap on the cards stored in Samsung Pay.
- With this collaboration, over 130 million SBI debit cardholders will be able to tap and pay using a wide range of Samsung smartphones at merchant outlets having card acceptance machines.
- Samsung Pay works on 2.5 million PoS card machines across the country through its magnetic secure transmission (MST) technology.
Airtel Payment Bank ties up with HPCL for ATM services
- Airtel Payments Bank, has partnership with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), to give further boost to digital payments in the country and to add to customer convenience.
- All 14,000 HPCL fuel stations will act as banking points for Airtel Payments Bank.
- This will add to the depth and reach of Airtel Payments Bank’s retail based network that leverages over 300,000 Airtel retail outlets as banking points.
Jharkhand Cabinet Approves Religious Freedom Bill 2017
- The Jharkhand cabinet approved the draft of an anti-religious conversion bill that aims to penalize acts of religious conversion by force or allurement.
- The bill state that anyone found guilty of trying to convert one’s religion by force or by temptation would face imprisonment of up to three years or a financial penalty of Rs 50,000 or both.
Flipkart Completes eBay India Merger
- E-commerce major Flipkart has completed the merger with eBay India’s operations. With this, eBay.in will now be a Flipkart Group company.
- The deal was announced in April when the Flipkart group raised $1.4 billion from global technology majors eBay, Tencent and Microsoft. In exchange of an equity stake in Flipkart, eBay had made a cash investment of $500 million and sold its eBay.in business to Flipkart.
Govt Launched Portal E-Rashtriya Kisan Agri Mandi (E-RaKAM)
- The government launched a portal, to provide a platform to sell agricultural produce called e-RaKAM.
- The portal is a joint initiative by state-run-auctioneer MSTC and Central Warehousing Corporation arm CRWC.
- Launching the portal with Steel Minister Chaudhary Birender Singh, Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Minister Ram Vilas Paswan said the effort should be to auction 20 lakh tonnes of pulses in the first phase through the platform.
- The Union Government has launched e-Rashtriya Kisan Agri Mandi (e-RaKAM) portal to provide a platform for farmers to sell agricultural produce.
19th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership(RCEP) Meeting
- The 19th round of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) Trade Negotiating Committee (TNC) meetings and other related meetings were held from 17 to 28 July 2017 in Hyderabad, India.
- RCEP is a proposed comprehensive regional economic integration agreement amongst the 10-ASEAN countries (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam) and its six Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) partners, viz. Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Korea and India.
- The Meeting was inaugurated by Ms. Rita Teaotia, Secretary, Department of Commerce, Government of India on 24 July 2017.
World breastfeeding week – August 1-7, 2017
- World breastfeeding week 2017 is being celebrated from 1st to 7th August 2017 with the theme “Sustaining Breastfeeding Together”.
- It was first celebrated in 1992 by World Alliance for Breastfeeding World Breastfeeding WeekAction (WABA) and is now observed in over 120 countries by United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), World Health Organization (WHO) and their partners including individuals, organizations, and governments.
SEBI Approves Dhirendra Swarup’s Appointment As BSE Chairman
- Leading stock exchange BSE Ltd markets regulator Sebi has approved the appointment of Dhirendra Swarup as the bourse’s new chairman.
- Swarup, who was a public interest director at the BSE, replaces incumbent Sudhakar Rao. “Sebi vide.
- Swarup, former Chairman of the Pension Funds Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA), has more than four decades of experience across finance, budgeting, public debt management, public policy and pension reforms.
- He was the chairman of the Cash and Debt Management Committee of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) from 2000 to 2003.
Lt Gen Abhay Krishna Named Chief Of Eastern Command
- Gen. Abhay Krishna has been appointed as head of the Army’s crucial Eastern Command which guards a major part of Sino-India border including the Sikkim sector.
- He succeeding Lt Gen Praveen Bakshi who has retired from service.
- He had also commanded an infantry division and a Corps in the Northeast.
Transfer of prisoners: India, Somalia ink agreement
- India and Somalia signed an agreement for transfer of sentenced prisoners after a meeting between their foreign ministers.
- The agreement will help Indian inmates imprisoned in Somalia or vice versa be near their families while serving the remainder of their sentence and also facilitate their social rehabilitation.
India, China Home To 39% Of World’s Young Internet Population: UN Report
- India and China are home to 39 per cent of the 830 million young people worldwide who use the Internet, according to a UN report.
- The data released by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the United Nations specialised agency for Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs), shows that of the 830 million young people online worldwide, 320 million, or 39 per cent, are in China and India.
US Senate confirms Christopher Wray as new FBI director
- Christopher Wray to lead the FBI, replacing James Comey, who was abruptly fired by President Donald Trump amid the investigation into Russia meddling in last year’s presidential election.
- The vote was 92-5 for Wray, a former high-ranking official in President George W Bush’s Justice Department who oversaw investigations into corporate fraud.
China opens its first overseas Military base in Djibouti
- China formally opened its first overseas military base on Tuesday with a flag raising ceremony in Djibouti in the Horn of Africa.
- Djibouti’s position on the northwestern edge of the Indian Ocean has fuelled worry in India that it would become another of China’s “string of pearls” military alliances and assets ringing India, including Bangladesh, Myanmar and Sri Lanka.
Two Indian Wrestlers In Bronze-Medal Round Of Jr World C’ships
- Two Indian wrestlers – Veer Dev Gulia and Ravinder – made it to the bronze medal round of their respective weight categories on day one of the Junior World Wrestling Championships in Tampere, Finland.
Jadeja Maintains Top Position, Virat Stays 5th In ICC Test Rankings
- Spinner Ravindra Jadeja maintained pole position in the bowlers’ list while India skipper Virat Kohli remained static at fifth place in the batting charts in the latest ICC Test Rankings.
- In the batsmen’s rankings, Cheteshwar Pujara is the top-ranked Indian at the fourth position while opener Shikhar Dhawan climbed 21 places to be ranked 39th.
Pushpa Bhargava(Man of science), Scientist And Activist, Dies At 89
- Veteran molecular biologist and a vehement critic of genetically modified crops, Pushpa Mittra Bhargava, died at his home in Hyderabad. He was 89.
Sam Shepard, Actor And Pulitzer-Winning Playwright, Is Dead At 73
- Sam Shepard, the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright, Oscar-nominated actor and celebrated author whose plays chronicled the explosive fault lines of family and masculinity in the American West, has died. He was 73.
Monthly Current Affairs One Liner : July 2017 ( Download In PDF)
You may also download : –
|The Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary Monthly PDF – June 2017||Weekly Current Affairs One Liner July 2017|
You may also download Monthly The Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary:-
|The Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary Monthly PDF – June 2017
|The Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary Monthly PDF – May 2017
You may also download Monthly Current Affairs from May to April 2017 In English:-
|Monthly Current Affairs One Liner|
|Monthly Current Affairs One Liner||Monthly Current Affairs One Liner|
|Monthly Current Affairs One Liner||Monthly Current Affairs One Liner|
For more details click here
Thank you, all the best. and let’s study together.