Current Affairs 9 May 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 9 May 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs May 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 9 May 2020
Gas leak at Vizag LG factory
- At least 10 people were killed and nearly 350 hospitalised after styrene gas leaked from Multinational LG Polymers Ltd. , a chemical factory on the outskirts of Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh.
- This incident happened after the factory was being prepared for reopening after the easing of the lockdown.
CAUSE OF LEAKAGE
- Stagnation and changes in temperature inside the storage tank could have resulted in auto polymerization and could have caused vapourisation.
ABOUT STYRENE GAS
- It is a flammable liquid that is used in the manufacturing of polystyrene plastics, fiberglass, rubber, and latex. It is also known as Vinyl Benzene, Ethyl Benzene and Phenyl Benzene.
- It is also found in vehicle exhaust, cigarette smoke, and in natural foods…..Click Here to Read More
MP becomes the first state in country to provide Mid-Day Meal ration amidst the COVID-19 lockdown
- Madhya Pradesh has become the first state in the country to provide mid-day meal ration amist the COVID-19 lockdown.
- The Central Government has also appreciated the successful efforts and innovation in the implementation of Mid-Day Meal Scheme in Madhya Pradesh.
- The support of Anganwadi workers, Panchayat representatives and local teachers was taken in sending ration to the students at their home after the school closing in April.
- An amount of Rs 117 crore has been transferred online in the bank account of the parents of 66 lakh 27 thousand students of primary and secondary school…..Click Here to Read More
UP Govt Suspends 38 labour laws and retains 4 Labour Laws under Uttar Pradesh Temporary Exemption from Certain Labour Laws Ordinance, 2020
- The Uttar Pradesh government passed an ordinance to suspend 38 labour laws in the state.
- Labour is a concurrent subject, states can frame their own laws but will need the approval of the Centre to enforce them. Therefore, the ordinance will also be sent to the Central government for approval.
- This rule will apply to both the existing businesses and the new factories being…..Click Here to Read More
Indian advisories for fisheries sector become part of FAO’s global guidelines
- FAO has included advisories prepared by ICAR-CIFT and ICAR-CIFRI in the Voluntary Guidelines for Securing Sustainable Small-Scale Fisheries under the Asia-Regional initiatives for the benefit of fisheries sector across the globe.
- These come as a huge recognition to India’s efforts.
- ICAR had released advisories to fisheries sector in 12 languages, which included 10 regional languages along with Hindi and English.
- These advisories were popularized through print & electronic media, circulated to State Fisheries Departments, developmental agencies,…..Click Here to Read More
Sunderbans- Royal Bengal Tiger Count Increases From 88 To 96
- According to the latest census conducted by the West Bengal’s forest department, the number of tigers in the Sundarbans reserve forest in West Bengal has increased to 96.
- Of the 96 tigers, there are 23 males, 43 females and 30 cubs.
- The census was conducted between November 2019 and January 2020.
- The total area of the forest is around 3700 sq km.
- There are two tiger zones in the area.
- One is Sundarban Tiger reserve which is about……Click Here to Read More
IMD forecast lists PoK, Gilgit-Baltistan
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has started referring to its meteorological sub-division of Jammu and Kashmir as “Jammu & Kashmir, Ladakh, Gilgit-Baltistan and Muzaffarabad”.
- Muzaffarabad is part of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir while Gilgit-Baltistan is also under illegal Pakistani occupation.
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) had started mentioning the region in its national weather bulletin ever since Jammu and Kashmir, and Ladakh were made two separate Union territories after the abrogation of Article 370.
- However, it was not explicitly mentioned in the regional forecast for northwest India, which it has started doing now.
- The northwest meteorological division consists of……Click Here to Read More
NSAFE: IIT Delhi startup launches ‘Reusable Antimicrobial Mask’
- An IIT-Delhi startup named ‘Nanosafe Solutions’ has launched an antimicrobial and washable face mask that can be reused up to 50 launderings.
- It is a triple-layered product consisting of – inner hydrophilic layer for comfort, middle layer having antimicrobial activity and outer most layer having water and oil repellent behaviour.
- The mask has been designed to maximize durability and dimensional stability.
- It can be reused 50 times and this will also help to resolve the huge disposal issues.
- It is washable and reusable.
- It has 99.2 per cent bacterial filtration efficiency……Click Here to Read More
Govt to run awareness campaign in 1 lakh villages on balanced use of fertilisers for FY 20-21
- Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomarhas informed that the government will run a mission mode awareness campaign in FY2020-2021 in over 1 lakh villages.
- The campaign will focus on promoting the use of bio/organic fertilisers leading to the reduction of consumption of chemical soil nutrients.
- The decision was taken after reviewing the progress of the Soil Health Card (SHC) scheme.
- Soil Testing Labs by youth having education in agriculture, Women Self Help Groups, FPOs (Farmer’s Produce Organization) etc. will be set up at village level Soil Health Card (SHC) scheme.
- Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers’ Welfare in association with the Departments of Panchayat Raj, ……Click Here to Read More
Tripura CM launches national scholarship online portal under ‘Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana’
- Tripura’s CM Biplab Kumar Deb has launched an online portal gov.in under ‘Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana.
- The students can apply for this scheme for the Academic Year 2019-20.
- The scheme aims to provide grants of Rs. 5,000 to 14,608 youths for the purchase of smartphones to the students of final year to empower them digitally .
- They can use these smartphones to get jobs through different digital platforms…..Click Here to Read More
Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurates 80 km long road curtailing Kailash-Mansarovar pilgrimage time
- Union Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the road link from Dharchula (Uttarakhand) to Lipulekh (China Border) through video conferencing.
- He also flagged off a convoy of vehicles from Pithoragarh to Gunji.
- The road link was built successfully by Borders Road Organization (BRO).
- It is a 80 kilometre road and the altitude rises from 6,000 to 17,060 feet.
- The road originates from Ghatiabagarh and terminates at Lipulekh Pass…..Click Here to Read More
Iran to launch a new currency – Toman
- The Government of Iran will change its existing currency from ‘Rial’ to a new currency named ‘Toman’.
- The government has passed Iran’s Monetary and Banking bill that will cut four zeros from Iran’s currency.
- One toman will be equal to 10,000 rials.
- The Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran is responsible for developing and maintaining the Iranian rial.
REASON FOR CHANGE
- The government had to introduce new currency as the existing currency ‘Rial’ was crippling badly because of the sanctions imposed by the US.
- This will make it easier for people to transact without wasting time calculating the price of eggs or chicken, which can run into tens of thousands…..Click Here to Read More
Sudhir Krishnaswamy, Vice Chancellor of National Law School of India University (NLSIU) chosen as a key member of Facebook’s oversight board
- Facebook’s new oversight board has chosen National Law School of India University (NLSIU) Vice-Chancellor Sudhir Krishnaswamyas one of its first 20 members.
- He has been chosen among the former Prime Minister of Denmark, a Nobel Laureate, non-profit organisation leaders, and journalists from all over the world.
ABOUT Mr. Krishnaswamy
- He graduated with a BA LLB from the National Law School of India University and as a Rhodes Scholar, read for a Bachelors of Civil Law and a Doctor of Philosophy (Law) from the University of Oxford.
- Krishnaswamy was the Director of the School of Policy and Governance and Professor of Law and Politics at Azim Premji University, and…..Click Here to Read More
Attempt Today Current Affairs Quiz – 9th May 2020 Based on Above Current Affairs Updates
Current Affairs Today
[table id=16 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें