Current Affairs Today 9 June 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 9 June 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs June 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 9 June 2020
Western Coalfields Ltd Targets 100 MT Coal Production by FY27
- Coal India arm Western Coalfields Ltd (WCL) has set an ambitious target of 100 million tonnes (MT) production by 2026-27 and plans to set up 20 more mines in the next four years, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari said.
- Inaugurating three mines of WCL through video conferencing, the road transport, highways and MSME minister also asked the company to employ more ”sons of the soil” in its projects.
- “It (WCL) will have Rs 5,300 crore capital investment. I would request that it should look into inducting more local people even if norms are to be…..Click Here to Read More
Gujarat, Tamilnadu, Maharashtra Top in FSSAI Food Safety Index For 2019-20
- Gujarat, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra have topped an index that ranked states ensuring food safety in 2019-20, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) said.
- The index ranks states on five parameters of food safety: human resources and institutional data, compliance, food testing facility, training and capacity building besides consumer empowerment.
- Gujarat, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra have topped in the list…..Click Here to Read More
Union Minister Launches “COVID BEEP” App For Coronavirus Patients
- Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region, Dr. Jitendra Singh today said ‘awareness’ and not ‘anxiety’ is the key to fighting COVID-19. Launching COVID BEEP, India’s first indigenous, cost effective, wireless physiological parameters monitoring system for COVID-19 patients, Dr Singh said COVID BEEP is to emerge as an antidote to the original COVID.
- COVID BEEP (Continuous Oxygenation & Vital Information Detection Biomed ECIL ESIC Pod) is India’s first indigenous, cost effective, wireless physiological parameters monitoring system for COVID-19 patients, developed by ESIC Medical College Hyderabad in collaboration with IIT Hyderabad and Department Of Atomic Energy.
- Dr Singh stressed on the importance of prevention and awareness…..Click Here to Read More
India Secures 168th Rank in Environment Performance Index 2020, Denmark Tops
- The 12th edition of the biennial Environment Performance Index (EPI Index 2020) was released by the Yale University on 4 June 2020 to indicate which countries are best addressing the environmental challenges.
- India has secured 168th rank in the 2020 EPI Index, among 180 countries, with a score of 27.6 out of 100.
- India was ranked at 177 with a score of 30.57…..Click Here to Read More
Abu Dhabi Investment Authority to invest Rs 5,683.50 crore in Jio Platforms for 1.16% stake
- Its seventh deal in the last seven weeks, Reliance Jio on Sunday said a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) will invest Rs 5,683.50 crore for a 1.16% equity stake in Jio Platforms. The transaction values Jio Platforms at an equity value of Rs 4.91 lakh crore and an enterprise value of Rs 5.16 lakh crore.
- With the latest investment the company has got a total investment of Rs 97,885.65 crore from eight deals as Silver Lake and it co-investors made an additional investment.
- These successive stake sales are part of parent Reliance Industries’…..Click Here to Read More
Tech Mahindra Signs UN Global Compact Initiative Statement on Climate Action
- Tech Mahindra, a provider of digital transformation, consulting and business reengineering services signed a joint declaration with UN Global Compact urging governments to align their COVID-19 recovery efforts with the latest climate science.
- Tech Mahindra reaffirms its commitment to achieving net-zero carbon emissions while calling on governments to “prioritize a faster and fairer transition from a grey to a green economy.” By moving towards a zero-carbon resilient economy, Tech Mahindra aims to reduce carbon footprint, emissions and will conserve energy using new-age technologies like internet of things, artificial intelligence and blockchain, according to a release.
- The investment from Mubadala comes in Jio Platforms…..Click Here to Read More
Javed Akhtar becomes first Indian to win Richard Dawkins Award
- Poet, lyricist and writer Javed Akhtar has become the first Indian to receive the prestigious Richard Dawkins Award for 2020 for critical thinking, holding religious dogma upto scrutiny, advancing human progress and humanist values.
- Previous recipients include American TV host, comedian and political commentator Bill Maher and English-American intellectual, philosopher, social critic and writer Christopher Hitchens.
- The citation states that recipient will be a distinguished individual…..Click Here to Read More
2020 World Archery Field C’ships postponed to 2022 Due to COVID-19
- The 2020 World Archery Field Championships in Yankton, USA, have been postponed until 2022 in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The event was due to take place in September this year at the NFAA Easton Yankton Archery Center, the world’s largest dedicated archery facility which has previously hosted the world youth and world indoor championships.
- World Archery (WA) and Yankton orgainsing committee took the joint decision recently to safeguard an athlete’s well-being and due to…..Click Here to Read More
Kannada Actor Chiranjeevi Sarja Dies At 39
- Kannada film actor Chiranjeevi Sarja died due to a cardiac arrest at a city hospital on Sunday, his family said.
- The 39-year-old actor complained of restlessness following which he was rushed to a private hospital where he passed away, his family members said.
- Chiranjeevi Sarja, the grandson of noted Kannada actor Shakti Prasad and nephew of multilingual film actor Arjun Sarja, had acted in 22 films…..Click Here to Read More
World Oceans Day 2020 – Theme, History & Importance
- World Oceans Day is celebrated every year on June 8.
- Oceans form around 70 percent of the world’s surface and help in maintaining the earth’s temperature. They consist of 97% of the Earth’s total water.
- The Oceans day is observed to inform people of the impact of human actions and develop a worldwide movement of citizens for the ocean.
- The objective is to mobilize and unite the world’s population on a project for the sustainable management of the…..Click Here to Read More
World Food Safety Day 2020 – Date, Theme & Significance
- Human beings are dependent on a few basic needs for living. Food (including water), cloth and shelter are the minimum requirements of a person for a decent standard of life.
- Food is a necessity; throughout history, food has acted as a catalyst for societal transformation, development and expansion. But now, food safety is becoming an important issue.
- The way in which food is produced, stored, handled and consumed affects the safety of our food. The absence of food safety may harm the health of…..Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=44 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें