Current Affairs Today 7 & 8 June 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 7 & 8 June 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs June 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 7 & 8 June 2020
EESL and USAID Announce the “Healthy and Energy Efficient Buildings” Initiative
- With an aim to make workplaces healthier and greener, Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL) jointly with the US Agency for International Development’s (USAID) MAITREE program, has launched the “Healthy and Energy Efficient Buildings” initiative. This initiative was launched on the occasion of World Environment Day.
- As part of this pilot initiative, EESL has taken the leadership by being the first to implement this framework in its own offices.
- Speaking on the occasion, Saurabh Kumar, Managing Director of EESL…..Click Here to Read More
Govt sets up Taskforce to Examine Maternal Mortality Rate, Age of Motherhood
- A taskforce has been set up by the government to examine matters pertaining to the age of motherhood, imperatives of lowering maternal mortality rate and improvement of nutritional levels, according to a statement by the WCD Ministry.
- The 10-member taskforce will be headed under the chairmanship of Jaya Jaitly.
- It will suggest suitable legislations or amendments in the existing laws to support its recommendations; and also work out a detailed roll-out plan with timelines to implement these recommendations, the Women and Child Development…..Click Here to Read More
CSIR and Atal Innovation Mission Sign a Letter of Intent to Foster Innovation in the Country
- CSIR a premier R&D organization with focus on science and technology that enables innovation-driven industry and nurture transdisciplinary leadership has come together with Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), a GoIflagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship have come together to collaborate in areas of mutual interest. Towards promoting innovation in the country in various sectors, a letter of intent was signed today between the two organizations, in presence of Dr Rajiv Kumar, Vice Chairperson, Niti Aayog, Shri Amitabh Kant, CEO of Niti Aayog and Dr Shekhar C Mande, DG CSIR and other senior officials from both the…..Click Here to Read More
Power Minister launches the ‘#iCommit’ initiative on World Environment Day
- Shri R. K. Singh, the Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, today initiated the ‘#iCommit’ campaign, on the occasion of World Environment Day. The initiative is a clarion call to all stakeholders and individuals to continue moving towards energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainability to create a robust and resilient energy system in the future.
- The ‘#iCommit’ initiative, driven by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), under the administration of Ministry of Power, Government of India…..Click Here to Read More
NABARD provides Rs 270 crore to Assam Gramin Vikash Bank
- In the wake of the COVID-19 Pandemic, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has made available a Special Liquidity Facility (SLF) of Rs 270 crore to Assam Gramin Vikash Bank for supporting the agricultural activities of the farmers.
- Following the pandemic, NABARD has provided Rs 25,000 crore nationwide for providing liquidity support to Cooperative Banks, Regional Rural Banks and Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs) during 2020-21 with a view to ensuring continued flow…..Click Here to Read More
US Development Finance Corporation to invest $350mn in India
- The US International Development Financial Corporation To Make $350 million investment in India to help the different ventures in nations such as the financial services sector, renewable energy, health infrastructure, and food security space.
- America’s DFC has approved loans worth $142 million for ReNew Power and $50 million for Sitara Solar Energy to manufacture and operate solar power plants in Rajasthan, $50 million for Northern Arc Capital to scale up loaning to organizations that grow access to water, sanitation, and food or advance women’s monetary strengthening, other than resolving to put resources into a few different undertakings.…..Click Here to Read More
RIL raises Rs 4,546.80 Cr from Silver Lake for 0.93% Additional Stake in Jio Platforms
- Private equity firm Silver Lake has invested an additional Rs 4,546.80 crore in Reliance Industries’ digital arm Jio Platforms to raise its stake in the firm to 2.08%.
- With this, Mukesh Ambani has seen a total of seven cheques come in for the telecommunications arm of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) in just over six weeks. Reliance Industries in a statement said with this, aggregate investment by Silver Lake in Jio Platforms will now be at Rs 10,202.55 crore. Prior to this the private equity firm, Silver Lake had on May 4 invested Rs 5,655.75 crore in Jio Platforms for a 1.15 per…..Click Here to Read More
SBI Launches Separate Vertical for Financial Inclusion, Micro Credit
- India’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) on Tuesday said it has created a separate vertical to focus on financial inclusion and micro markets (FI&MM).
- The bank will offer loans predominantly for agriculture and allied activities and micro and small enterprises under the new vertical.
- “In a major restructuring exercise, SBI has created a separate FI&MM vertical within the bank with an exclusive focus on financial inclusion and micro markets,…..Click Here to Read More
Awards & Recognition
Hyderabad Airport Receives ACI Asia-Pacific Green Airports Platinum Recognition 2020
- GMR led Hyderabad International Airport on Friday received the highest Platinum Recognition in the Airports Council International (ACI) Asia-Pacific Green Airports Recognition 2020 in the 15-35 Million Passengers Per Annum (MPPA) category for its efficient water management practices.
- A statement here said on Friday that on the World Environment Day, ACI Asia-Pacific has announced the results of the region’s Annual Green Airports Recognition 2020.
- The recognition was the outcome of the submissions shared this year focused…..Click Here to Read More
Madurai girl declared ‘Goodwill Ambassador for the Poor’ – UNADAP
- For M Nethra, money amounts to nothing unless it is used for serving the needy. It’s this belief that prompted her to make her father, a salon owner, spend his savings of Rs 5 lakh on the hapless migrant labourers, who are hit hard by the Coronavirus-induced lockdown.
- International recognition came calling the 13-year-old girl as she was appointed as ‘Goodwill Ambassador (GWA) for the Poor’ by the United Nations Association for Development and Peace (UNADAP).
- Nethra’s feat came as a double joy for her family as her father…..Click Here to Read More
Rohit Sharma signed as IIFL Finance’s Brand Ambassador
- Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma has established himself as one of the finest limited-overs cricketers since his move to the top of the order. The vice-captain of the Indian cricket team also holds the record for the highest ever individual score in ODI cricket, while he has also led Mumbai Indians to four IPL titles.
- Rohit Sharma is one of India’s most bankable cricketers which has helped him in becoming the face of several brands. The five-time IPL champion has now signed a deal with IIFL Finance as its first-ever brand ambassador.
- IIFL Finance is one of India’s leading Non-Banking Finance Companies…..Click Here to Read More
BAFTA Appoints Emmy-Winning Krishnendu Majumdar As Chair
- Award-winning television producer Krishnendu Majumdar is the first person to be named as the chairperson of BAFTA in its 73 year-long history, the British Academy has announced.
- Majumdar, who succeeds Pippa Harris to the post, is also the youngest to be appointed as head in last 35 years of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA).
- According to The Hollywood Reporter, Majumdar has been deputy chair for one year and is due to remain as chair for the next three years, the newly extended…..Click Here to Read More
Books & Authors
HRD Minister launches information booklet ‘Safe online learning in the times of COVID-19’
- Union Minister for Human Resource Development Shri Ramesh PokhriyalNishankdigitaly launched the information booklet titled “Safe online learning in the times of COVID-19” to raise awareness of students and teachers on staying safe online, today in New Delhi.
- The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) and UNESCO New Delhi Office developed this booklet. The booklet will be instrumental in keeping children, young people safe online through basic do’s, and don’ts that…..Click Here to Read More
World Pest Day 2020 – June 6
- Every June 6 is World Pest Day or sometimes called World Pest Awareness Day. The day was created to raise awareness of how pest management helps preserve the quality of life for you and your loved ones.
- It’s estimated 900-million insects types can be pests. They fall into four different categories based on body types: 1. beetles; 2. flies; 3. moths and butterflies; and 4. ants, bees and wasps.
- People have been trying to get rid of pests for as far back as history can trace…..Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=43 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें