Current Affairs Today 30 May 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 30 May 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs May 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 30 May 2020
Nirmala Sitharaman chairs 22nd Meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharama reviewed the state of the economy at the meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC), in view of disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This was the first meeting of the FSDC, which comprises RBI Governor and other financial sector regulators, since the coronavirus outbreak.
- The 22nd meeting of the FSDC, which was held via video conferencing, assumes a greater significance considering that the economy…..Click Here to Read More
Nirmala Sitharaman launches instant allotment of e-PAN based on Aadhaar
- In line with the announcement made in the Union Budget, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched the facility for instant allotment of PAN on near to real-time basis.
- A government statement said that the facility is now available for those PAN applicants who possess a valid Aadhaar number and have a mobile number registered with Aadhaar. The allotment process is paperless and an electronic PAN (e-PAN) is issued to the applicants free of cost.
- Though the facility of instant PAN through Aadhaar based e-KYC…..Click Here to Read More
Karnataka Launches Pilot ‘State Health Register’ To Gather Health Insights And Provide Better Services
- The Karnataka state government announced that it will soon launch a state health registry of all the residents to monitor the spread of novel coronavirus, as the state prepares for lockdown relaxations in the coming days.
- The State Health Register is believed to be the first of its kind initiative in the country, a robust and standardized health repository of all the citizens, Karnataka’s Medical Education Minister K.Sudhakar said. The project will be first implemented in Chikkaballapur district on an experimental basis, he informed.
- Sudhakar said enhanced healthcare focus…..Click Here to Read More
Madhya Pradesh launches ‘Rozgar Setu’ scheme for skilled workers
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced the launch of the ‘Rozgar Setu’ scheme, saying it would help secure employment for skilled workers who have returned.
- “The State is the first to devise such a work plan. We are surveying skilled workers who were employed at industries elsewhere, but have now returned,” said Mr. Chouhan. “We are identifying the skills they possess.”
- Stating that the attempt was to provide work to the maximum number of returned skilled workers, he said, “After such workers requiring employment…..Click Here to Read More
BSE, NSE cut annual listing fee for SMEs by 25%
- Leading stock exchanges BSE and NSE on Monday decided to reduce the listing fee for their SME platforms by 25 percent amid challenges faced by small and medium enterprises due to coronavirus pandemic.
- The fee rebate has been declared following Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman’s several announcements to rescue the ailing micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSME) sector.
- The revised listing fee structure will be applicable for the…..Click Here to Read More
Infosys and Avaloq Partner to Strengthen Wealth Management Capabilities through Digital Platforms
- Infosys announced a strategic partnership with Zurich-based software company Avaloq on Tuesday to provide end-to-end (e2e) wealth management capabilities through digital platforms.
- The Indian tech major has partnered up with the Switzerland-based wealth management software and digital technology provider to “create a one-stop-shop” for its wealth management clients.
- As part of the announcement, Infosys will be a strategic implementation partner for Avaloq’s wealth management suite of solutions.
- The companies will create new tech solutions for their…..Click Here to Read More
Sandip Mukund Pradhan gets two-year extension as Director General, SAI
- Sandip Mukund Pradhan, the Director-General of Sports Authority of India (SAI) has been given an extension for his central deputation tenure.
- The extension has been given for a period of two years and it will come into effect from June 6, 2020.
- The proposal was put forward by the Sports Ministry of India to extend the tenure of Pradhan and it was then that the Cabinet approved it.
- “The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the proposal of Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports for extension of Central deputation tenure of Sandip Mukund Pradhant IRS (IT:90), Director General (DG)…..Click Here to Read More
Wipro appoints Capgemini’s Thierry Delaporte as new CEO, MD
- IT services major Wipro said it has appointed Capgemini Group veteran Thierry Delaporte as its Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, effective July 6, 2020.
- In January this year, the company had said its CEO and Managing Director Abidali Z Neemuchwala had decided to step down from the company. Abidali Neemuchwala will relinquish his position as CEO and MD on June 1.
- Rishad Premji will oversee the day-to-day operations…..Click Here to Read More
Science & Technology
NPCI launches AI virtual assistant PAi
- This is yet another NPCI’s initiative to improve digital financial inclusion in India.
- The AI virtual assistant, PAi is available round the clock helping users with access to accurate information on NPCI products.
- National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) said that it has launched an artificial intelligence (AI) based chatbot, PAi, to create awareness around its products like FASTag, RuPay, UPI, AePS on a real time basis. This is yet another NPCI’s initiative to improve digital financial inclusion in India.
- The AI virtual assistant, PAi is available round…..Click Here to Read More
Kochi Startup Develops Decontamination Device to Check COVID-19 Spread
- A startup based in Maker village Kochi has come up with multipurpose decontamination device that can sanitise items ranging from N95 masks to vegetables, thus checking the spread of Covid-19.
- ‘Lumos’ designed by Devaditek Innovations is a certified UVC medical-grade disinfection system, was developed in the backdrop of coronavirus pandemic, but can kill an array of pathogens including SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV.
- It can also destroy germs causing different types…..Click Here to Read More
Ajit Jogi, First Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh, Dies at 74
- Ajit Jogi, who served as the first chief minister of Chhattisgarh after the formation of the state, died at 74.
- According to a statement by the hospital, the death took place at 3:30 pm. His condition deteriorated around 1:30 this afternoon as he again suffered a cardiac arrest, said the hospital. After a two-hour effort, the doctors could not revive the patient.
- Chief minister Bhupesh Baghel announced a three-day state mourning in memory of the first leader of the state. He will cremated with full state honours, said Baghel.
- “The death of the first Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh…..Click Here to Read More
Rajya Sabha MP & Mathrubhumi MD Veerendra Kumar Passes Away at 83
- MP Veerendra Kumar, the managing director of leading Malayalam daily Mathrubhumi and a member of PTI’s board of directors, died Thursday at a private hospital following cardiac arrest, family sources said.
- Veerendra Kumar, a Rajya Sabha MP from Kerala and a former Union minister, was 83.
- “He was admitted to the hospital due to some health complications…..Click Here to Read More
World Menstrual Hygiene Day 2020 – Date, Theme, Significance
- World Menstrual Hygiene Day is observed on May 28. The main idea behind marking this day is to change the social stigma associated with menstruation.
- The date May 28 was chosen to observe the day because on an average the menstrual cycle for most women is 28 days and the menstruation period for most women is for five days. Hence, the date was kept as 28/5.
- World Menstrual Hygiene Day 2020 theme is ‘Periods in Pandemic’. The idea behind choosing this theme…..Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=34 /]