Current Affairs Today 28 & 29 June 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 28 & 29 June 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs June 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 28 & 29 June 2020
Union Minister Shripad Naik Inaugurates Defence Conclave 2020 Gujarat
- Union Minister of State for Defence Shripad Naik on Thursday inaugurated two-day Defence Conclave 2020 Gujarat via video conferencing and said that strong defence capabilities would help the nation safeguarding the prosperity “generated in the last few decades”.
- Addressing the conclave, Naik said, “Strong defence capabilities would help the nation in safeguarding the prosperity generated over the last couple of decades and also protect key economic interests like trade routes and safety going forward.”
- “Focus on developing a strong domestic capability in defence would be a great economic growth impetus and also help in skilled job creation in manufacturing……Click Here to Read More
President Kovind Promulgates Banking Regulation (Amendment) Ordinance 2020
- President Ram Nath Kovind has promulgated the Banking Regulation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020 in pursuance of the commitment to ensure safety of depositors across banks.
- The Ordinance amends the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 as applicable to Cooperative Banks. It seeks to protect the interests of depositors and strengthen cooperative banks by improving governance and oversight by extending powers already available with RBI in respect of other banks to Co-operative Banks.
- The amendments do not affect existing powers of the State Registrars of Co-operative Societies under state co-operative laws……Click Here to Read More
Nasha Mukt Bharat – Annual Action Plan (2020-21) for 272 Most Affected Districts E-Launched
- Nasha Mukt Bharat: Annual Action Plan (2020-21) for 272 Worst Affected Districts’ was e-launched by Rattan Lal Kataria, Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment on the occasion of “International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking” here.
- On this occasion, he also released Logo and Tagline for National Action Plan for Drug Demand Reduction and 9 Video Spots produced for Drug Abuse Prevention.
- Secretary R. Subramaniam and Joint Secretary Radhika Chakravarty were present. Representatives from State governments and NGOs also participated online……Click Here to Read More
Government Launches 7.15% Floating Rate Bonds 2020 Scheme
- The government has decided to launch Floating Rate Savings Bonds 2020 (Taxable) from July 1, giving an opportunity to invest in secured government instruments.
- The new scheme has been brought in place of 7.75 per cent Savings (Taxable) Bonds, 2018, which was withdrawn from the close of banking business on May 28, 2020, the finance ministry said in a statement.
- The interest on the seven-year bond will be paid semi-annually on January……Click Here to Read More
Mansukh Mandaviya Inaugurates First-ever Virtual Healthcare and Hygiene Expo 2020 Organised by FICCI
- In a digital e-governance drive the minister of state for shipping (independent charge) and chemicals and fertilisers Mansukh Mandaviya on Monday inaugurated India’s 1st Virtual Healthcare & Hygiene EXPO 2020.
- The Expo organised by FICCI was inaugurated virtually and was attended by Anurag Sharma, MP, Jhansi and chairman, FICCI, AYUSH Committee, Sangita Reddy, President FICCI, ace badminton player PV Sindhu and Badhri Iyengar, chairman, FICCI Medical Devices forum.
- This is the first of its kind virtual exhibition in India that puts forth the……Click Here to Read More
Bengaluru In World’s Top 30 Startup Ecosystem List
- Indian’s startup capital Bengaluru has been ranked in the world’s top 30 startup ecosystems. Topped by the Silicon Valley in California, Bengaluru is at the 26th spot and the only India city to feature in the list by ‘The Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2020’ by Startup Genome.
- While Delhi is in the runner-up category at the 36th spot, Mumbai ranks first in the list of top 100 emerging ecosystem ranking. The list of emerging startup hubs also includes Chennai, Hyderabad and Pune.
- Bengaluru, along with Paris and Singapore, stand out for high access as well as quality and activity of funding, the report said. Delhi ranked well for the volume and complexity of patent creation in the analysis, which found London and New York……Click Here to Read More
PhonePe Partners With ICICI Bank on UPI Multi-Bank Model
- Flipkart-owned PhonePe on Friday said it has partnered with ICICI Bank on UPI multi-bank model, giving its users the option to create and use multiple UPI IDs with ICICI and Yes Bank”s handles.
- “PhonePe has partnered with ICICI Bank on UPI multi-bank model giving its users the option to create and use multiple UPI IDs with ICICI Bank”s ”@ibl” handle and YES Bank”s ”@ybl” handle on the PhonePe app,” a statement said.
- This addition, in partnership with ICICI Bank, enables quick and contactless payments to over 200 million registered PhonePe users, the statement added.
- In March, PhonePe had suffered a service outage for nearly 24 hours……Click Here to Read More
Sidbi Sets Up Fund to Facilitate Free Onboarding of MSMEs on TReDS Platform
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (Sidbi) on Friday said it has set up a fund to support free onboarding for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) on trade receivables discounting system (TReDS).
- The free onboarding of MSMEs would be available till September-end, according to a release.
- The fund, Swavalamban Crisis Responsive Fund, is an open-ended fund and the target is to onboard 10,000 MSMEs during the period, a Sidbi spokesperson said.
- “The present endeavour aims at offering relief to the MSMEs during these challenging times. We are hopeful that MSMEs shall maximise this opportunity to……Click Here to Read More
SOLV Partners Standard Chartered Bank to Launch MSME Credit Card
- SOLV, a B2B digital platform for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), has launched a credit card tailor-made for the MSME segment, in partnership with Standard Chartered Bank, India.
- SOLV, registered as Standard Chartered Research & Technology India Pvt. Ltd., is a fully-owned entity of the London-headquartered Standard Chartered Group.
- The digital platform, in a statement, said the SOLV MSME Credit Card provides business owners with a ready means to meet ongoing business expenses including supplier payments, fuel, logistics, purchase of raw material, utility payments……Click Here to Read More
World Bank $500 Million to Bangladesh For Cross Country Road Projects
- The World Bank has approved $500 million to build road connectivity along the Jashore-Jhenaidah corridor directly connecting Dhaka in Bangladesh with India and Bhutan.
- World Bank Country Director for Bangladesh and Bhutan, Mercy Tembon, informed that the project will unlock the region’s potential by stimulating the economy of districts, linking farms to markets and connecting Dhaka with the western region as well as with the neighbouring countries, thus enhancing trade, transit and logistics along the corridor.
- It will also support the Bangladesh government’s plan of developing a 260 km economic corridor in the western part and benefitting over 20 million masses.……Click Here to Read More
Science & Technology
Narendra Singh Tomar Launches Web Portal of Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan
- The Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan is the massive employment generation-cum-rural infrastructure creation programme of Government of India which was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.Its objective is to provide employment to returnee migrant workers at their native places for next four months, because of the situation arising out of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Minister expressed happiness at the launch of the portal which will provide information to the public about the various district-wise and scheme-wise components of the Abhiyaan.
- It will also help to monitor the progress of completion of the works……Click Here to Read More
Indian Navy Inducts Indigenously Developed Torpedo Decoy System
- Anti – Submarine Warfare capability of the Indian Navy has received a major boost with the conclusion of a contract for Advanced Torpedo Decoy System Maareech capable of being fired from all frontline warships. Design & Development of this anti-torpedo decoy system has been undertaken indigenously DRDO labs (NSTL and NPOL). Bharat Electronics would undertake the production of this decoy system.
- The prototype of this system installed onboard a nominated naval platform had successfully completed all user evaluation trials and demonstrated the features as per the Naval Staff Qualification Requirements.
- This induction not only stands testimony to the joint resolve of the Indian Navy and DRDO towards indigenous development of Defence technology……Click Here to Read More
Appointments & Resignations
Vini Mahajan Replaces Karan Avtar to Become Punjab’s First Woman Chief Secretary
- The Punjab government on Friday appointed 1987-batch Punjab cadre IAS officer Vini Mahajan as the new Chief Secretary, replacing Karan Avtar Singh.
- Mahajan becomes the first woman Chief Secretary of the state.
- 1984 batch officer Karan Avtar Singh has been posted as Special Chief Secretary of Governance Reforms.
- The only Punjab cadre officer currently in the state who is empanelled to hold position as Secretary with the government of India, Mahajan was till now serving……Click Here to Read More
Micro, Small and Medium – Sized Enterprises Day 2020 – June 27
- The UN General Assembly declared the 27 June the Micro-, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day, recognizing the importance of these enterprises and their contribution to sustainable development.
- Objective of the day is to recognize the importance of MSMEs in achieving sustainable development goals and in promoting innovation, creativity and sustainable work for all.
- MSMEs are creating the most significant employment and income generation opportunities during the COVID 19 crisis.……Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=60 /]