Current Affairs Today 27 May 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 27 May 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs May 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 27 May 2020
Chardham Project – Nitin Gadkari Lauds BRO for Chamba Tunnel Construction
- The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has completed construction of a 440 m long tunnel below the busy Chamba town on the Rishikesh-Dharasu road Highway (NH 94).
- Indian Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday lauded and congratulated the team for achieving this feat.
- Gadkari took to Twitter and tweeted, “Happy to announce that our Border Roads Organisation (BRO) team has made a major breakthrough in the Chardham Project.They have successfully dug up 440 m long…..Click Here to Read More
US to withdraw from Open Skies Surveillance Treaty
- The US will withdraw from the Open Skies Treaty, a major accord that permits unarmed aerial surveillance flights over 34 participating countries, citing repeated Russian violations of its terms.
- India is not a member of this treaty that came into force on January 1, 2002. Most of the participating countries are in North America Europe and Central Asia.
- The Open Skies Treaty allows each state-party to carry out short-notice, unarmed, reconnaissance flights over the others’ territories to collect data on military forces and activities.
- President Donald Trump blamed Russia’s non-compliance…..Click Here to Read More
Banking & Finance
LIC launches modified PM Vaya Vandana Yojana
- The finance ministry modified PM Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY) pension scheme for senior citizens, Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has launched the non-linked, non-participating, pension plan subsidized by the Centre.
- The finance ministry had recently extended the pension plan till 31 March, 2023 with assured interest rate of 7.40% p.a. for FY 2020-21.
- This plan will be available for sale commencing from Tuesday for three financial years — up to March 2023, LIC said in a statement, adding that the scheme can be purchased offline as well as online from LIC website…..Click Here to Read More
Maruti Suzuki partners ICICI Bank to offer retail financing schemes to customers
- The country’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) on Tuesday said it has joined hands with ICICI Bank to offer retail financing schemes to its customers.
- ICICI Bank is offering flexi EMI scheme which enables customers to pay low EMI initially, in order to help them overcome the liquidity stress due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the automajor said in a statement.
- The EMI amount starts from Rs 899 on a loan of Rs 1 lakh for first three months. The bank is also offering similar other EMI plans for MSI customers.
- With Maruti Suzuki’s over 3,000 outlets…..Click Here to Read More
Airtel group ties up with Mastercard for farmers, SMEs
- Airtel Payments Bank (APBL) has partnered with Mastercard to develop customized products catering to customers across the underbanked spectrum including farmers, small and medium enterprises and retail customers.
- As part of the Government”s vision of Digital India and Banking for every Indian, both entities have been working towards driving adoption of formal banking and digital payments in the country.
- The collaboration will bring together Mastercard”s global and local experience in developing advanced financial solutions and Airtel Payments Bank”s…..Click Here to Read More
REC ties up with TajSATS to provide meals to frontline healthcare workers
- Power sector financier REC Limited is spearheading the mission to feed the medical staff in key government hospitals as well as poor daily wage labourers across the nation, through collaborative efforts.
- REC Foundation, the CSR arm of REC Limited, has partnered with TajSATS (a joint venture of IHCL and SATS Ltd) to distribute specially-made nutritious meal packets for medical staff in Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi.
- Every day, 300 food packets are being delivered as a gesture of gratitude to the frontline healthcare warriors of New Delhi. Over 18,000 meals will be d elivered in New Delhi through this initiative.
- REC in collaboration with various district authorities…..Click Here to Read More
India’s GDP Growth Rate Seen At 1.2% For Q4 FY20 – SBI Report
- The country’s GDP is estimated to have grown at 1.2% in the last quarter of the previous fiscal as economic activity came to a standstill in the last week of March due to the nationwide lockdown to contain spread of COVID-19.
- According to the SBI’s research report — Ecowrap – the gross domestic product (GDP) growth is likely to be 4.2% for FY20 and (-) 6.8% for FY21.
- The fourth quarter GDP growth number for FY20 will be announced by the National Statistical Office (NSO) on May 29.
- In the third quarter of FY20, GDP growth slipped…..Click Here to Read More
Dr. Rajiv Joshi, Winner of the NYIPLA 2020 Inventor of the Year Award
- An Indian-American inventor Dr. Rajiv Joshi has bagged the prestigious Inventor of the Year award for the year 2020 for his pioneering work in advancing the electronic industry and improving artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities.
- Dr Joshi works at the IBM Thomson Watson Research Center in New York.
- The $5,000.00 award is presented every year by the New York Intellectual Property Law Association (NYIPLA) in recognition of the contribution that the invention has and/or will make towards society as a whole.
- Dr Joshi, who is a master inventor with more than…..Click Here to Read More
Science & Technology
Indian start-up makes world’s first contactless visitor management software
- A Mumbai based startup, VAMS Global, has come up with the world’s first contactless Visitor Management Software, having various features such as temperature scanner and mask detection, without coming in contact.
- The software, called VAMS SafeGuard, follows no touch no queue visitors entry and can scan body temperature, detect mask on faces among other things, while following social distancing on the premises.
- It uses AI to allow entry of only those visitor who are…..Click Here to Read More
Renowned vocalist Shyamala G Bhave passes away at 79
- Renowned vocalist Shyamala G Bhave, who had an equal command over Hindustani and Carnatic music, passed away on Friday at her residence after suffering a stroke, family members said. She was 79 and was unmarried.
- “She was ailing for quite some time…Three days ago, she was discharged from a hospital. Her condition worsened after that.
- She passed away this morning…..Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=31 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें