Current Affairs Today 27 June 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 27 June 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs June 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 27 June 2020
NITI Aayog Launches Behaviour Change Campaign, ‘Navigating the New Normal’
- NITI Aayog launched behaviour change campaign ‘Navigating the New Normal’ and its website to help people follow norms to contain the spread of Covid-19.
- Focusing on Covid-safe behaviour, especially wearing masks, during the ‘Unlock’ phase of the Covid-19 pandemic, the campaign has been developed under the guidance of Empowered Group 6, chaired by NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant.
- “As India unlocks, one key worry is how do we encourage the public and institutions to practice Covid-safe behaviour. Until a vaccine is available, wearing masks……Click Here to Read More
PM Modi inaugurates ‘Aatma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan’
- Prime Minister Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a 125-day campaign in Uttar Pradesh to provide employment to migrant workers and those who lost work due to coronavirus lockdown.
- PM Modi launched the Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan — part of the Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan which the PM started on June 20 across six states in India.
- As people join the event through Common Service Centres and Krishi Vigyan Kendras, PM Modi interacted with villagers from six districts during the launch.……Click Here to Read More
Centre Grants Rs 500 Crore Emergency Fund To Indian Armed Forces
- The government has granted the three services emergency financial powers of up to Rs 500 crore per procurement project to buy ammunition and weapons in view of the escalating border standoff with China, government sources said.
- The special financial powers have been given to the forces to procure weapons and military hardware at short notice to enhance their operational preparedness along the Line of Actual Control (LAC), they said.
- The government has also relaxed certain rules to cut delays in military purchase like allowing the three services to procure required weapons and equipment……Click Here to Read More
Karnataka becomes the First State to Amend its Industries (Facilitation) Act for Small, Medium and Large-scale Industries
- The Karnataka government today amended the long pending industrial reform “The Karnataka Industries (Facilitation) Act, 2002” to facilitate and attract investment in the state. The decision was taken by the state Cabinet meeting held today and chaired by Hon’ble Chief Minister of Karnataka BS Yediyurappa.
- Karnataka amends Industries (Facilitation) Act to boost investment across sectors. Facilitation Act to be a huge game changer and aid Ease of Doing Business in Karnataka.
- Under the amended Act, medium and small industries to commence manufacturing without having to wait for any statutory clearances for the first……Click Here to Read More
India Moves Down at 77th Place in Deposited Money in Swiss Banks
- India has moved down three places to 77th rank in terms of money parked by its citizens and enterprises with Swiss banks at the end of 2019, while the UK has retained its top position, as per the latest data from Switzerland’s central bank. India was ranked 74th in the previous year.
- An analysis of the latest annual banking statistics released by the Swiss National Bank (SNB) showed that India remains ranked very low when it comes to money parked by Indian individuals and enterprises in Swiss banks, including through their India-based branches, accounting for just about 0.06 per cent of the aggregate funds parked by all foreign clients of Switzerland-based banks.……Click Here to Read More
Rajnath Singh attends 75th Victory Day Parade in Moscow’s Red Square
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh is on a three-day trip to Russia to attend the 75th Victory Day. India has sent a tri-services contingent to participate in the Victory Day Parade. China’s Defence Minister and troops will also be present
- Victory Day marks the end of World War II and the victory of the Allied Forces in 1945. Adolf Hitler had shot himself on April 30. On May 7, German troops surrendered, which was formally accepted the next day, and came into effect on May 9.
- In most European countries, it is celebrated on May 8, and is called the Victory……Click Here to Read More
Vivekananda Yoga University – World’s First Yoga University Outside India launched in Los Angeles
- As part of the 6th International Yoga Day commemorations, the world’s first yoga university outside India has been launched in Los Angeles, offering programmes that combine scientific principles and modern research approaches to the ancient Indian practice of yoga.
- The Vivekananda Yoga University (VaYU) was jointly launched Yesterday by Minister of State for External Affairs V Muraleedharan and Chairperson of the Standing Committee on External Affairs P P Chaudhary during a virtual event held at the Consulate General of India in New York.
- Eminent Indian yoga guru Dr. H R Nagendra, Chancellor of Swami……Click Here to Read More
YES BANK launches ‘Yuva Pay’, In Partnership With UDMA Technologies
- YES BANK announced the launch of ‘Yuva Pay’, a unique digital wallet in partnership with UDMA Technologies to enable contactless payments. This collaboration is in line with YES BANK’s fast-track innovation efforts of enabling communities to experience the convenience of digital banking services – as the nation slowly begins to unlock after the COVID-19 lockdown.
- This innovation is a digital wallet issued under minimum KYC regulations, combined with bill payments via Bharat Bill Pay and Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
- Through the app, utility bills like municipal, house, water tax,……Click Here to Read More
Lt Governor Launches Two Customized J&K Bank Schemes
- In Jammu and Kashmir, in order to provide adequate financial support to different business communities to overcome business challenges due to the prevailing conditions, J&K Bank has launched two products titled ‘J&K Bank Business Support Loan Scheme 2019-20’ and ‘J&K Bank Business Support Loan Scheme 2019-20 for Hotels and Guest Houses’
- Launching the schemes, the Lt Governor G C Murmu said the bank’s schemes are a timely financial intervention for businesses of the region especially hotels and guest-houses which are crucial for the sustenance and development of tourism……Click Here to Read More
Awards & Recognitions
Commonwealth Games Gold Medalist, Sanjita Chanu to Receive Arjuna Award After IWF Drops Doping Charges
- Two-time Commonwealth Games gold medal winning weightlifter K. Sanjita Chanu, who was recently exonerated from doping charges, will get the Arjuna award for 2018, said Indian Weightlifting Federation (IWLF) Secretary Sahdev Yadav.
- Yadav informed Sanjita, who fought a long battle for over two-and-a-half years before seeing her name being cleared of doping charges by the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) earlier this month, about the development on Wednesday night.
- Sanjita had moved the Delhi High Court after being ignored for the Arjuna Award in 2017. After she was provisionally suspended for testing positive……Click Here to Read More
Australia and New Zealand Will Host 2023 Women’s World Cup
- Australia and New Zealand will co-host the Women’s World Cup in 2023, with the following edition possibly set to take place just two years later.
- The joint bid beat Colombia 22-13 in a vote Thursday by FIFA’s ruling council, which judged them as having the best commercial prospects for women’s soccer.
- FIFA President Gianni Infantino was one of the members who voted for Australia and New Zealand to stage the first 32-team Women’s World Cup, then revived a suggestion aired at last year’s……Click Here to Read More
Harikrishna Bows Out of Chessable Masters Online Tournament
- Indian Grandmaster P Harikrishna on Tuesday bowed out of contention for a quarterfinal spot in the USD 150,000 Chessable Masters online tournament, with a defeat at the hands of Alexander Grischuk of Russia in the 10th and final round.
- Harikrishna had started with a loss against overnight leader Vladislav Artemiev and did well to hold world champion Magnus Carlsen in the seventh round before drawing with Daniil Dubov, which virtually ended his chances of advancing further from Group ”A”.
- The India No.3 was making his debut in the Magnus Carlsen Chess Tour.……Click Here to Read More
International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking 2020- History, Significance, Theme
- International Day Against Drug Abuse And Illicit Trafficking is celebrated on June 26 every year. The theme for the International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking 2020, Better Knowledge for Better Care emphasises the need to improve the understanding of the world drug problem and how better knowledge will foster greater international cooperation for countering its impact on health, governance and security. The day is dedicated to eradicating drug abuse and neutralise the systemic challenges which sustain the illegal drug issues.
- Drug abuse, however, does not only include consumption of drugs such as cocaine, hallucinogens, cannabis, opiates among others,……Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=59 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें