Current Affairs Today 24 June 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 24 June 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs June 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 24 June 2020
Centre to Allocate ₹3,000 Crore From PM CARES for Ventilator Supply, Migrants Welfare
- The Central government is allocating Rs 3,000 crore from the PM CARES Fund for supply of ventilators and welfare of migrant labourers.
- A total of Rs 2,000 crore will be spent in procurement of 50,000 Made-in-India ventilators to government-run Covid hospitals in all states and the Union Territories (UTs).
- Of the 50,000 ventilators, 30,000 are being manufactured by the Bharat Electronics (BEL). The remaining 20,000 ventilators are being manufactured by AgVa Healthcare (10,000), AMTZ Basic (5,650), AMTZ High End (4,000) and Allied Medical (350).
- So far, 2,923 ventilators have been manufactured, out of which 1,340 have already been delivered to the states/UTs. The prominent recipients include Maharashtra……Click Here to Read More
Prakash Javadekar Inaugurates Virtual India Pavilion at Cannes Films Market 2020
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar on Monday virtually inaugurated the India Pavilion at the Cannes Film Market.
- The film market includes virtual pavilions for institutions such as film funds and filming boards from across the globe as well as virtual booths for sales companies to screen their projects-in-work and connect with buyers.
- The Cannes Film Festival, one of the biggest gatherings of filmmakers and cinema lovers, could not take place this year in May due to the coronavirus pandemic.……Click Here to Read More
Centre Government Sanctioned Funds For Implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in Telangana & Odisha
- Union Minister of Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, in an official communiqué to the Chief Minister of Telangana, raised his concerns on the status of Functional Household Tap Connections (FHTC) to be provided in the rural areas of the State. Referring to his earlier meeting with the CM, the central minister stated that complete updation of the tap connection data in Integrated Management Information System (IMIS) of the Ministry has not happened so far even after the instructions of the Chief Minister to do so.
- Jal Jeevan Mission, a flagship programme of the Government of India……Click Here to Read More
Sports Ministry to Establish 1000 District-level Khelo India Centres to Engage Ex Champions in Sports Training
- The Sports Ministry on Friday decided to establish 1000 Khelo India Centres (KIC) at the district level across the country to bring former sporting champions for grassroot-level training of athletes and also to ensure a sustained source of income for them in the sports ecosystem.
- “These centres will either be run by a past champion or have them as coaches. The decision, while strengthening grassroot level sports, will also ensure that past champions can contribute in to making India a sporting superpower while earning a livelihood from sports,” read a statement.
- “A shortlisting mechanism has been put in place to identify past champions who are eligible to either establish their own academy or work as a coach……Click Here to Read More
Harsimrat Kaur Badal Launches Food Processing Edition of Exclusive Investment Forum
- Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal today said that new opportunities are opening up in Food processing sector.
- She was launching the Food Processing Edition of the Exclusive Investment Forum. Invest India has designed this forum of unique sectoral series to conduct detailed conversations between global industry leaders and key decision makers from the highest levels of the Central and State Governments……Click Here to Read More
Karnataka Bank Launches KBL Micro Mitra For Micro Enterprises
- Karnataka Bank has launched a new product – ‘KBL Micro Mitra’ – where financial assistance up to ₹10 lakh will be provided to the micro manufacturing and service enterprises either for working capital or for investment purposes.
- Launching the product, Mahabaleshwara MS, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the bank, said the micro and small entrepreneurs play a vital role in the revival of the economy, both in rural and urban India, besides creating huge job opportunities locally.
- “As the economy is now in revival mode, timely credit assistance……Click Here to Read More
RBI Extends Rs 50,000 Crore Special Liquidity Facility to Yes Bank For 3 More Months
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the special liquidity facility made available for private sector lender YES Bank by three months. The earlier deadline for the facility was Jun 16.
- RBI had made the emergency credit line of nearly 600 billion rupees available when the bank was under a moratorium that restricted deposit withdrawals at 50,000 rupees. The moratorium, imposed on Mar 5, was lifted two weeks later.
- YES Bank had written to the RBI for an extension of the special liquidity facility for a year, the bank disclosed in notes to its Jan-Mar earnings. It was……Click Here to Read More
Moody’s Projects India GDP to Shrink 3.1% in 2020, Flags Geopolitical Risk
- Moody’s Investors Service on Monday projected the Indian economy to shrink 3.1 per cent in 2020 and said clashes with China on the border also suggest rising geopolitical risks in the Asian region where countries are particularly vulnerable to changes in geopolitical dynamics.
- While it pegged India’s annual growth at 0.2 per cent in April, the forecast has been sharply revised after taking into consideration the disruptions due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- However, Moody’s expects the economy to register 6.9 per cent growth in 2021.
- In its June update to Global Macro Outlook (2020-21), Moody’s said……Click Here to Read More
Science & Technology
China Successfully Launches Last Satellite For Its BeiDou Navigation Satellite System
- China on Tuesday successfully launched the last satellite of its BeiDou Navigation Satellite System (BDS), touted to be a competitor to the Global Positioning System (GPS) of the US, taking another step to becoming a major space power.
- The satellite was launched on Tuesday morning from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in southwest China’s Sichuan Province.
- The satellite, the 55th in the family of BeiDou that means “Big Dipper” in Chinese, was successfully sent into space by a Long March-3B carrier……Click Here to Read More
Former MP, Veteran Journalist Vishwa Bandhu Gupta Passes Away
- Veteran journalist and former Member of Parliament Vishwa Bandhu Gupta passed away here on Sunday night. He was 94.
- A founder member of the Press Club of India, Gupta was also a senior Congressman and headed the Tej group of publications. He was also President of the All India Newspaper Editors Conference (AINEC).
- His interest in ballooning was well known and soon after Imran Khan’s election, he had offered to fly with Pakistan Prime Minister on a “Peace Balloon’ from Lahore to Amritsar in July 2018. Gupta had also lauded Prime Minister Narendra Modi for reaching out to Pak PM-elect Imran Khan with best wishes and hope for peace between the two neighbours.
- A flight on my peace balloon from Lahore to Amritsar could be the sporty way for Imran Khan sahib to show the way forward,’ he had said in his offer to the former star cricketer of Pakistan. The offer could never materialise.
- Gupta had also supervised several elections campaigns of the Congress in the Capital as he had remained a senior functionary of the party’s Delhi unit for a number of years.
- His mortal remains were consigned to flames at Lodhi Road crematorium amid the presence of a few of his family members and friends as the limit of 20 persons for attending the funeral continues to be in force. A wreath was also laid on behalf of the Press Club of India (PCI) by its Secretary-General Anant Bagaitkar.
Pournima Zanane Dies at 42 after Long Cancer Battle, Shooting Fraternity Mourns
- Cancer-stricken former India shooter Pournima Zanane has died aged 42, prompting the country’s shooting fraternity, including Olympic champion Abhinav Bindra, to mourn the untimely death
- An International Shooting Sport Federation-licenced coach, Zanane had been suffering from cancer for the past two years and also underwent extensive treatment for the same.
- According to ex-India rifleman Joydeep Karmakar, she almost recovered after receiving treatment.
- She had represented India at multiple ISSF World Cups, Asian Championships, Commonwealth Championships, among others.
- Zanane, who was a national record holder in 10m air rifle event, took to coaching and was honoured with the Shiv Chhatrapati Sports award by the Maharashtra government.
- The shooter, who was diagnosed with cancer during the Nationals in Kerala two years ago, started her career in Mumbai before shifting base to Pune. She was born in Nanded.
- The National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) sent out a condolence message after she succumbed to the dreaded disease.
- “The National Rifle Association of India condoles the untimely sad demise of our international shooter and a coach – Ms Pournima Chinmoy Zanane, at a very young age.
- “Ms Pournima Zanane was an Air Rifle shooter and took part in many international competitions as Pournima Gawahne. At a later stage, she started coaching shooters and also coached the Sri Lankan team,” the sport’s apex body in the country said in a statement.
- Beijing Games gold medallist Bindra said the shooter will be greatly missed.
International Olympic Day 2020 June 23
- International Olympic Day is a celebration of sports and health. The day is celebrated every year on June 23 and is an invitation for everyone around the world to be active. Read this article to know more about the International Olympic Day 2020.
- International Olympic Day is celebrated to commemorate the day when the International Olympic Committee was founded in 1894. It is meant to motivate individuals around the world to become their best selves. One doesn’t have to be an Olympian to participate in this day. The first-ever Olympic day was celebrated on June 23, 1948.
- The countries of Portugal, Greece, Austria, Canada, Switzerland, Great Britain……Click Here to Read More
International Widows Day 2020 June 23
- Losing someone is never easy and having to live life without your partner is even harder. For women all over the world, the loss is even bigger as they have to struggle for their basic needs, rights and dignity. As we mark International Widows’ Day 2020 today on June 23, we take a look at the history, significance of the day and the theme this year.
- As per the United Nations, there are an estimated 258 million widows around the world, and nearly one in ten live in extreme poverty. Apart from that, 2.7 billion women are denied access to the same choice of jobs as men due to legal restrictions, and one in three face gender-based violence even today.
- The United Nations General Assembly formally adopted June 23 as International……Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=56 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें