Current Affairs Today 24 & 25 May 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 24 & 25 May 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs May 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 24 & 25 May 2020
Prime Minister announces Rs 1,500 crore relief for Amphan-hit Bengal, Odisha
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced Rs 1,500 crore for the relief and rehabilitation of people affected by Cyclone Amphan in West Bengal and Odisha, and assured the states of more support after conducting separate aerial surveys with chief ministers Mamata Banerjee and Naveen Patnaik.
- We are announcing the release of an advance assistance fund of Rs 1,000 crore,” Modi said in Hindi after a review meeting in Basirhat in North 24 Parganas. Later, he announced immediate assistance of Rs 500 crore for Odisha….Click Here to Read More
Fresh personal details leaks detected on dark web
- Even as cybercrime agencies and experts are investigating the leak of millions of Indian job-seekers’ personal details on the dark web, two more similar instances have come to light in the last 12 hours.
- The fresh leaks include nearly 2,000 Aadhaar cards and details of 18 million Indians, all available for free.
- The leak of nearly 2.9 crore job-seekers’ details was discovered by Cyble Inc., a U.S.-based cyber intelligence firm, which has ….Click Here to Read More
Government launches five initiatives on International Day of Biodiversity
- In a virtual celebration of the International Day for Biological Diversity, Union Environment, Forest, and Climate Change Minister Prakash Javadekar launched five key initiatives towards conservation of biodiversity.
- India, which is a mega biodiverse country, welcomes those countries who are interested in improving their biodiversity scenarios, and are ready to share the experiences and best practices with them.
- He also laid emphasis on the need to limit our….Click Here to Read More
Banking & Finance
Maruti Suzuki ties up with Cholamandalam Investment & Finance; launches ‘Buy-Now-Pay-Later Offer’
- The country’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India on Friday announced partnership with Cholamandalam Investment & Finance Company Ltd to provide customised auto retail financing solutions to retail buyers.
- The new solution ‘Buy-Now-Pay-Later Offer’ is aimed to provide customers with easy financing options, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI).
- Under the partnership, the companies….Click Here to Read More
ICICI Bank introduces special FD scheme for senior citizens with higher interest
- ICICI Bank has introduced a special fixed deposit (FD) scheme for senior citizens called ‘ICICI Bank Golden Years FD’.
- ‘ICICI Bank Golden Years FD’ scheme offers senior citizens an interest rate of 6.55% per annum for deposits up to ₹2 crore with a tenure of more than five years to 10 years.
- “We at ICICI Bank have always valued our relationship with senior citizens. We know that FD interest is a key source of income for a large section of senior citizens.
- Keeping this in mind, we are offering….Click Here to Read More
Edelweiss General Insurance Launches app based pay-as-you-use motor insurance
- Edelweiss General Insurance (EGI), announced the launch of an innovative, app-based Motor OD floater policy – Edelweiss SWITCH. This driver-based motor insurance policy, launched under IRDAI’s Regulatory Sandbox, allows vehicle owners to SWITCH their motor insurance ON and OFF, based on usage and covers multiple vehicles under a single policy.
- What differentiates Edelweiss SWITCH from other……..Click Here to Read More
Naomi Osaka- Japanese tennis star becomes world’s highest-paid female athlete
- Japanese tennis star Naomi Osaka has become the world’s highest-paid female athlete, displacing US rival Serena Williams at the top of the list.
- According to Forbes magazine, Osaka, 22, a two-time Grand Slam champion, made £30.7m in prize money and endorsements over the past 12 months.
- That was £1.15m more than the amount earned by 38-year-old Williams.
- Both shattered the previous single-year earnings record of £24.4m set in 2015 by Russia’s Maria Sharapova.
- Since Forbes began tracking women athletes‘ income in 1990, tennis players have topped the annual list every year.….Click Here to Read More
World Bank names Carmen Reinhart as chief economist and vice president
- Economist Carmen M. Reinhart, Minos A. Zombanakis Professor of the International Financial System at Harvard Kennedy School (HKS), will take a two-year leave to become chief economist and vice president at the World Bank on June 15.
- An acclaimed authority on international finance and financial crises, Reinhart is widely known for her award-winning scholarly history of financial disasters, “This Time is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly” (2008), written with Harvard economist Kenneth Rogoff.
- The Gazette spoke with Reinhart about her grim forecast….Click Here to Read More
Jahnabi Phookan appointed as National President of FICCI FLO
- Jahnabi Phookan has been appointed as National President of FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO), the oldest women-led and -focused business chamber of Southeast Asia and the women’s wing of the apex chamber Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- She took over from outgoing National President Harjinder Kaur Talwar at the 36th FLO Annual Session – Rising Above Covid Challenges in the presence of Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla, according to a release.
- FICCI FLO represents over 8000 women….Click Here to Read More
Indian economist Abhas Jha appointed to key World Bank position in South Asia
- Abhas Jha, an Indian economist, has been appointed by the World Bank to a key position on climate change and disaster management in South Asia, the global lender said. Jha’s appointment comes at a time when Cyclone Amphan has badly hit West Bengal, Orissa in India and Bangladesh.
- In his capacity as World Bank’s Practice Manager for Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management for South Asia, one of the top priorities of Jha will be to encourage and help the South Asia region (SAR) Disaster….Click Here to Read More
Four-time Grand Slam singles champion Ashley Cooper dies at 83
- Ashley Cooper, who won four Grand Slam singles titles including the Australian, Wimbledon and U.S. championships in 1958, has died. He was 83.
- Tennis Australia said that the former No. 1-ranked player and long-time administrator had died after a long illness.
- Cooper led Australia’s Davis Cup team to victory over the United States to retain the title in 1957.
- After the result was reversed in a loss to the….Click Here to Read More
World Turtle Day 2020 – 23 May
- World Turtle Day is an annual event that has been taking place since 2000. It was founded by American Tortoise Rescue.
- The purpose of World Turtle Day is to educate people about the things that they can do to protect the habitats of turtle and tortoises.
- It is also a celebration of the joy that these reptiles bring to so many people on a daily basis.
- The day is celebrated in a number of ways all….Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=29 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें