Current Affairs Today 23 May 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 23 May 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs May 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 23 May 2020
Govt amends rules to ban global tender for procurement up to Rs 200 crore
- The government has notified amendments to General Financial Rules (GFR) to ensure that goods and services valued less than Rs 200 crore are being procured from domestic firms, a move which will benefit MSMEs.
- “Govt has notified the amendments to the General Financial Rules 2017 to ensure that henceforth global tenders will be disallowed in government procurement up to Rs 200 crore, as announced in the #AatmanirbharBharat Package.
- Sitharaman had last week announced an economic….Click Here to Read More
Dr Harsh Vardhan participates in NAM Health Ministers’ meeting through Video Conferencing
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare participated in the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) Health Ministers’ meeting through video conference, here today.
- The meeting was chaired by Mr. Ogtay Shiraliyev, Minister of Health, Republic of Azerbaijan.
- The NAM Summit is being organized at a time when the international community has been faced with a pandemic which has disrupted….Click Here to Read More
Rajnath Singh participates in MSMEs E-conclave “SIDM MSME Conclave 2020”
- Defence minister Rajnath Singh said the lockdown to combat the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) had hit the manufacturing sector, disrupted supply chains and the defence industry had also been affected due to the strict confinement measures.
- Acknowledging the hardships faced by the defence industry during an e-conclave, Singh said defence manufacturing had been hit harder than other sectors as the government was the only buyer of defence products.
- The SIDM MSME Conclave 2020 was jointly organized by the Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM), Confederation….Click Here to Read More
One crore treatments provided under Ayushman Bharat – PMJAY
- Ayushman Bharat, Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, the flagship health assurance scheme of the Government of India today marked one crore treatments.
- To mark the milestone, Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan, inaugurated the first edition of Arogya Dhara, a series of webinars created as an open platform for discussion on topical issues of public health in New Delhi today.
- The webinar was titled “Ayushman Bharat….Click Here to Read More
Local to Global- Khadi Masks to Hit Foreign Markets
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) will now explore the possibility of exporting the Khadi cotton and silk face masks to foreign countries after the Ministry of Commerce and Industries lifted the ban on export of non-medical/ non-surgical masks of all types. A notification in this regard was issued on May 16, by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT).
- The move comes days after the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s “Local to Global” call in wake of the “Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan”.
- Keeping in view the huge demand of face masks during the global Covid-19 pandemic, the KVIC has developed double layered and….Click Here to Read More
Banking & Finance
Monetary Policy Statement, 2020-21 -Released by RBI
- On the basis of an assessment of the current and evolving macroeconomic situation, the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) at its meeting today (May 22, 2020) decided to-
- Reduce the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 40 bps to 4.0 per cent from 4.40 per cent with immediate effect;
- Accordingly, the marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate stand reduced to 4.25 per cent from 4.65 per cent; and
- The reverse repo rate under the LAF stands reduced to 3.35 per cent from 3.75 per cent.
- The MPC also decided to continue….Click Here to Read More
World Bank to rescue with $160-billion aid to 100 nations
- The Covid-19 pandemic is expected to put over 60 million people into extreme poverty globally, the World Bank has said as it announced emergency operations worth $160 billion in 100 developing countries to fight the deadly virus.
- “The pandemic and shutdown of advanced economies could push as many as 60 million people into extreme poverty — erasing much of the recent progress made in poverty alleviation,” World Bank President David Malpass told reporters during a conference call ….Click Here to Read More
ONGC, NTPC sign MOU to set up joint venture for renewable energy business
- India’s top oil and gas producer ONGC and country’s biggest electricity generator NTPC have signed a preliminary agreement to set up a joint venture company for renewable energy projects.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) and NTPC Ltd “entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on May 21, 2020 in New Delhi to formalize this arrangement,” ONGC said in a statement.
- The MoU will enable both companies to achieve their respective targets in renewable energy business.
- “As per the MoU, NTPC and ONGC will explore….Click Here to Read More
IRDAI permits Union Bank to continue with IndiaFirst stake
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has approved Union Bank of India’s proposal to continue with its 30% holding in IndiaFirst Life Insurance with the caveat that the lender will exercise no control in the management of the insurer.
- The bank was earlier expected to divest either the entire stake in IndiaFirst Life Insurance, or a sizable part of it, as IRDAI guidelines prohibit a lender to own more than 10% stake in two insurance companies.
- The public sector lender in addition to its 25.1% stake in Star Union Dai-Chi Life, also received a promoter stake in IndiaFirst Life….Click Here to Read More
Airtel acquires 10% stake in AI startup Voicezen
- Bharti Airtel has acquired 10 per cent stake in Gurgaon-based start-up Voicezen, which focusses on conversational artificial intelligence technologies, in an all-cash deal, the private operator said.
- The stake purchase will give Bharti Airtel preferred access to Voicezen’s technologies, which can be deployed across its customer touch points in multiple languages, Airtel said in a statement without disclosing the amount it paid for buying the stake.
- The acquisition has been made by the company under its fast expanding Airtel Startup Accelerator Programme, the company….Click Here to Read More
CCI approves Nuvoco Vistas acquisition of Emami Cement
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved acquisition of 100% of the total issued and paid up share capital of Emami Cement Limited (ECL), on a fully diluted basis, by Nuvoco Vistas Corporation Limited (NVCL).
- The proposed combination pertains to the acquisition of 100% of the total issued and paid up share capital of Emami Cement Limited (“ECL”), on a fully diluted basis by Nuvoco Vistas Corporation Limited (“NVCL”).
- NVCL is a Nirma promoter group company and currently operates cement manufacturing units in the states of (i) Chhattisgarh,….Click Here to Read More
Books & Author
Ruskin Bond’s 86th Birthday, Author Releases New Book Taking Readers On An Adventure
- Ruskin Bond has been enchanting children and adults alike for almost 70 years with his writing. One of India’s most popular authors, he has turned 86 today.
- On this occasion, a publishing house will be bringing out his new book called, Hop On: My Adventures on Boats, Trains and Planes. The book is about Ruskin Bond’s memorable travel adventures from his childhood.
- Ruskin Bond’s latest book, Hop On: My Adventures on Boats,….Click Here to Read More
International Day for Biological Diversity 2020- 22 May
- The International Day for Biodiversity is observed on May 22 to raise awareness on various issues related to threats that stare biodiversity in the face.
- The United Nations celebrates the International Day for Biological Diversity annually with a unique theme. The theme for the year 2020 is “Our solutions are in nature” which emphasizes hope, solidarity and the importance of working together at all levels to build a future of life in harmony with nature.
- The theme, according to the UN, has….Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=28 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें