Current Affairs 21 May 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 21 May 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs May 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 21 May 2020
Labour Ministry notifies reduced PF contribution rate for next three months
- The labour ministry said employees can contribute more than the newly set limit of 10 per cent of basic wages to their Employees’ Provident Fund (PF) account for the next three months, but employers don’t need to match the higher contribution.
- “Under the EPF Scheme, 1952, any member has the option to contribute at a rate higher than statutory rate (10 per cent) and employer can restrict his contributions 10 per cent in respect of such employee.”
- Employer contributions to the social security….Click Here to Read More
Railways operationalises its most powerful 12,000 HP made in India locomotive
- The first 12,000 HP made in India locomotive, manufactured by Madhepura Electric Loco Factory in Bihar, has been put into operation by Indian Railways from Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction.
- The loco is named WAG12 with Number 60027.
- The train departed from Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Station at 2:08 pm on Tuesday in long haul formation for Dhanbad ….Click Here to Read More
Defence Ministry signs MoU with eGov Foundation for online management of cantonment boards
- The joint initiative sees Directorate General Defence Estates (DGDE), Ministry of Defence and eGov Foundation working together to drive e-governance and improved citizen services across all 62 cantonment boards in the country.
- A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between DGDE and eGov Foundation on 08, May 2020 to implement a cloud-based platform to deliver various citizen services under the program named ….Click Here to Read More
Coir geo-textiles to be used in rural road construction under PMGSY-III
- The government on Wednesday said coir geo-textiles will be used in the construction of rural roads under the third phase of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY-III).
- Coir geo-textiles are permeable fabric, which are natural, strong, highly durable, resistant to rots, moulds and moisture, and free from any microbial attack.
- They will be used for construction of rural roads under the PMGSY-III, according to a communication from the National Rural Infrastructure Development Agency under Union Ministry of Rural Development.
- The decision will give a big boost to the coir….Click Here to Read More
Banking & Finance
Kotak Mahindra Bank becomes first bank in India to allow video KYC
- Kotak Mahindra BankNSE 2.62 % on Monday has introduced video-KYC facility for customers opening savings account on Kotak 811 – the banks digital banking platform.
- The private lender is the first Indian bank to offer video based “zero-contact” onboarding service.
- The initiative is presently being launched on a pilot basis for savings accounts, Kotak Mahindra said in a press release. “
- The video KYC process to onboard new customers….Click Here to Read More
Flipkart ties up with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance for digital motor cover
- Flipkart and Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company have partnered to offer a digital motor insurance policy to customers of the e-commerce major.
- “Consumers can buy this motor-insurance policy using their Flipkart app,”
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance also offers mobile insurance on Flipkart.
- Tapan Singhel, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance said- “We are happy to take our partnership forward with them by offering motor insurance as well on their platform.….Click Here to Read More
Govinda Rajulu Chintala appointed NABARD chairman
- Govinda Rajulu Chintala has been appointed the chairman of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
- Chintala, at present, is working as the chief general manager (CGM) of the bank.
- He will hold the post till his superannuation on July 31, 2022.
- Shaji KV and P V S Suryakumar have been….Click Here to Read More
Mr Dilip Oommen is new president of Indian Steel Association
- Indian Steel Association (ISA) on Tuesday appointed Dilip Oommen as its new President with immediate effect.
- “Dilip Oommen, CEO, Arcelor Mittal Nippon Steel India has taken over as President of ISA.
- This was decided in the Extra Ordinary Board Meeting of ISA, which was held today, May 19, 2020,” the body said in a statement.
- The extraordinary board meeting was called….Click Here to Read More
Moeketsi Majoro sworn in as Lesotho’s new prime minister
- Moeketsi Majoro has been sworn in as Lesotho’s prime minister following the resignation of his embattled predecessor, Thomas Thabane.
- Thabane’s decision to step down on Tuesday came amid mounting pressure over a case in which he and his current wife are suspected of involvement in the 2017 murder of his estranged wife. They both deny this.
- Thabane attended Wednesday’s swearing-in ceremony at the royal palace of King Letsie III, handing his successor a ….Click Here to Read More
World Metrology Day 2020 – Date, Significance of the Day
- The theme for World Metrology Day 2020 is Measurements for global trade.
- This theme was chosen to create awareness of the important role measurement plays in facilitating fair global trade, ensuring products meet standards and regulations, and satisfying customer quality expectations.….Click Here to Read More
World Bee Day 2020 – Date, Theme, Purpose of the Day
- Bees and other pollinators like bats, butterflies are gradually under the global threat of extinction due to human activities. According to experts, the survival of our ecosystem is largely dependent on the fundamental process of pollination.
- Bees and other pollinators like bats, butterflies are gradually under the global threat of extinction due to human activities. According to experts, the survival of our ecosystem is largely dependent on the fundamental process….Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=26 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें