Current Affairs Today 21 & 22 June 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 21 & 22 June 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs June 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 21 & 22 June 2020
Niti Aayog Forms Panel to Develop Job Platform For Migrant Labours
- Government think tank Niti Aayog has formed a panel including top officials of tech companies like Google, Microsoft and Tech Mahindra to develop a job platform for migrant labours, according to sources involved in the project. The move comes at a time when a huge number of migrant workers have lost their jobs during the lockdown period.
- The goal is to develop a platform that can help blue-collar workers find job opportunities in their own language and location, an industry source said…..Click Here to Read More
SIDBI Sign MoU For Special Micro-Credit Facility For Street Vendors
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has signed a pact with Small Industries Development Bank of India (Sidbi) to implement PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) – a Special Micro-Credit Facility for Street Vendors.
- PM SVANidhi is a central scheme fully funded by the ministry with the objective to facilitate working capital loans to street vendors, thus enabling them to emerge self-reliant after the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic and revive their livelihood activity through formal access to credit.…..Click Here to Read More
Indian Officials Attend Virtual EAG Plenary Meet by FATF
- Indian officials, including representatives from enforcement agencies, on Friday attended the virtual 32nd special Eurasian Group on Combating Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism (EAG) plenary meeting, under the aegis of the Financial Action Task Force.
- The EAG is a regional body comprising nine countries: India, Russia, China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Belarus. It is an associate member of the FATF. The FATF’s virtual plenary meet will be held on June 24…..Click Here to Read More
Countries Fail to Protect a Billion Children From Violence Each Year – UN Report
- Half of the world’s children — one billion every year — are affected by physical, sexual or psychological violence, suffering injuries and death because countries have failed to follow established strategies to protect them, the first report of its kind from the UN has said, with experts noting that the coronavirus-related lockdowns have left far too many youngsters stuck with their abusers.
- While nearly all countries (88%) have laws in place to protect minors, less than half (47%) say they strongly enforce them, said the Global Status Report on Preventing Violence Against Children 2020 launched on Thursday.
- Because countries have failed to follow established strategies to protect…..Click Here to Read More
France Commits 200 Million Euros For India’s Covid Response
- France and India Thursday signed an agreement committing 200 million euros to increase the state and central governments’ capacities to support India’s most vulnerable people in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis.
- The credit financing agreement was signed by C.S. Mohapatra, Additional Secretary – Department of Economic Affairs, and Bruno Bosle, Director – AFD (French Development Agency) in India in the virtual presence of Emmanuel Lenain, Ambassador of France to India, according to a statement by French embassy…..Click Here to Read More
RBI Doubles Withdrawal Limit to Rs 1 Lakh For PMC Bank depositors
- In a relief to the depositors of the scam-hit PMC Bank, the RBI on Friday enhanced the withdrawal limit to Rs 1 lakh to mitigate their difficulties during COVID pandemic but extended the regulatory restrictions on the cooperative bank by another six months till December 22.
- The new withdrawl limit of Rs 1 lakh per depositor is inclusive of the earlier withdrawal limit of Rs 50,000 per depositor of the multi-state cooperative bank, according to an RBI release.
- The RBI also enchanced withdrawal limits for depositors of four other cooperative banks under regulatory restrictions, including Sri Guru Raghavendra Sahakara Bank Niyamitha, Bengaluru, and Kolhapur-based Youth Development Cooperative Bank Limited…..Click Here to Read More
Exim Bank Extends USD 20.1 mn Credit Line to Nicaragua Govt
- Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) on Friday said it has extended a line of credit (LOC) of USD 20.10 million to the government of Nicaragua for reconstruction of Aldo Chavarria Hospital.
- With signing of this agreement, Exim Bank, so far, has extended four LOCs to Nicaragua, on behalf of the Indian government, taking the total value to USD 87.63 million, a release said.
- Projects covered under the LOCs include supply of equipment for building two…..Click Here to Read More
Hyundai Ties Up With HDFC Bank For Retail Financing
- Hyundai Motor India (HMIL) on Friday announced its partnership with HDFC Bank, offering industry first online auto retail financing solutions to the customers on its end-to-end online automotive retail platform ‘Click to Buy’.
- Under the ambit of this partnership, Hyundai India will offer its customers customised car financing solutions from HDFC Bank directly on the ‘Click to Buy’ online car buying platform. Through this partnership, customer can opt for loans and get the requisite funding to complete life goals of buying their favourite Hyundai car…..Click Here to Read More
Reliance Industries Becomes India’s First Firm to Hit ₹11 Trillion Market Cap
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) on Friday became the first Indian company to reach a market capitalisation of ₹11 trillion as its shares doubled since mid-March. The stock rallied to hit a record high of ₹1,738.95 on the BSE, up about 5% from Thursday’s close.
- The stock price jumped as the Mukesh Ambani-led firm, earlier today, said it was now net-debt free owing to fundraising to the tune of ₹1.15 trillion through the sale of 24.71% stake in its digital services arm, Jio Platforms Ltd (JPL), to 10 global investors.
- RIL also raised ₹53,124 crore through rights issue. Its net debt was at ₹1.61 trillion as…..Click Here to Read More
Appointments & Resignations
Former RBI Governor Urjit Patel Named NIPFP Chairman
- Former Reserve Bank governor Urjit Patel will take charge as chairman of the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP) from June 22, the economic think tank said on Friday.
- Patel will replace Vijay Kelkar, who assumed office on November 1, 2014 “National Institute of Public Finance and Policy is privileged to have Dr. Urjit Patel, former Reserve Bank Governor, as its Chairperson for a four-year term commencing June 22, 2020,” the economic think tank said in a statement.
- “NIPFP records its deep sense of appreciation and gratitude…..Click Here to Read More
National Champion Niki Poonacha Elected to ITF Panel
- Reigning national champion Niki Poonacha has been elected to the International Tennis Federation (ITF) men’s player panel and will represent the Asia-Oceania zone along with Ti Chen of Chinese Taipei.
- Aldin Setkic and Francesco Vilardo were elected from Europe, while Juan Pablo Paz and Jose Bendeck were elected to represent South America. One more position awaits an eligible candidate in the men’s panel, even though 11 players contested the election among the men, in which Poonacha polled the second highest number of votes with 62.…..Click Here to Read More
World Refugee Day 2020 – Theme, Date, Significance
- World Refugee Day, international observance observed June 20 each year, is dedicated to raising awareness of the situation of refugees throughout the world. Devastating conflicts and persecution uproot thousands of people from their homes and countries every year. According to the United Nations, every minute, 20 people are forced to leave behind everything, and escape conflict and war.
- The theme of World Refugee Day this year is “every action counts.” Everyone can make a difference, says the world body and it is the responsibility of each one of us to make sure that no one is left behind. The focus is to bring about changes to make the world more inclusive.…..Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=55 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें