Current Affairs Today 20 June 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 20 June 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs June 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 20 June 2020
Narendra Modi Launches Auction Process For 41 Coal Blocks For Commercial Mining
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday kicked-off the auction process of coal blocks for commercial mining with an aim to achieve self-sufficiency in meeting energy needs and boost industrial development. The process is open for domestic as well as global firms under the 100 per cent FDI (foreign direct investment) route.
- Addressing the launch event through video conferencing, PM Modi said that the coronavirus pandemic taught a lesson and the country will use it to cut down on its imports.…..Click Here to Read More
Union Health Minister Launches DBT–AMTZ Mobile Diagnostic Unit For COVID-19 Testing- I-Lab
- Union health minister Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurated India’s first I-Lab (Infectious disease diagnostic lab) for COVID-19 testing in rural and inaccessible areas of India.
- Expressing his happiness to launch the I-Lab, infectious disease diagnostic laboratory- a mobile testing facility, Dr. Harsh Vardhan dedicated this facility to provide COVID-19 testing access to rural India. This mobile testing facility will be deployed through the DBT testing hubs to remote regions of the country for COVID-19 testing.
- He added that DBT coordinated in scaling-up testing for COVID-19 by…..Click Here to Read More
MNRE to Set Up a Project Development Cell to Attract Investment in Renewables
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has set up a Project Development Cell (PDC) to attract more investments into the sector that will help meet its 175 GW target for green energy.
- Industry experts said the new body might have been created in the wake of tensions with China, which supplies the bulk of the solar energy equipment used in Indian Projects.
- The cell’s main purpose is to create projects that have all prior approvals for investors to adopt them. The approvals include detailed reports and readily available land for allocation for these projects. The PDC will also identify and deal…..Click Here to Read More
UP Top State in Country to Provide Employment Under MGNREGA
- Uttar Pradesh has become the top state in the country to provide employment to the workers under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme MGNREGA. Yesterday Uttar Pradesh provided employment to more than 57 lakh workers under MGNREGA.
- According to the data released by officials, Yesterday 57 lakh 12975 workers got employment in around 57 thousand village panchayats of the state which is 18% of the total work generated under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) in the country.
- Officials said that the state has generated 7.93 crore man-days and the government will provide jobs to 10 lakh more workers in the coming days.…..Click Here to Read More
India’s First Ever Climate Change Assessment – Climate Change Tracker
- For the first time, India has released its own national report on the state of the climate crisis. Prepared under the aegis of the ministry of earth sciences (MoES), the report, Assessment Of Climate Change Over The Indian Region, takes a close look at where we stand regarding long-term changes in climate patterns, and their attendant risks.
- The big revelation is that India’s average temperature has increased by 0.7 degrees Celsius between 1901-2018, and that this is purely due to the emission…..Click Here to Read More
Centre Government Sanctioned Funds For Implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in Karnataka, Maharashtra, and Tripura
- The Centre has asked Karnataka to speed up implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission, to provide 55 litres of potable water per person per day to every rural household by 2024.
- In a letter to Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa, Shekhawat Union Minister of Jal Shakti said “Since Karnataka is planning 100 per cent household coverage by 2022-23, we complement it and request CM for expeditious implementation of JJM in the State to provide tap connection to each rural household.”
- In his letter, Shekhawat said, out of 89.61 lakh rural households in the State…..Click Here to Read More
India 2nd Biggest Driver of Global Energy Consumption in 2019 – BP Statistical Review
- India was second biggest growth driver of primary energy consumption in the world, behind China, in 2019 even though it witnessed fall in demand in oil and coal, according to BP Statistical Review released on Wednesday.
- Global primary energy consumption growth slowed to 1.3 per cent last year, less than half the rate of growth in 2018 (2.8 per cent), BP said.
- The increase in energy consumption was driven by renewables and natural gas, which together contributed three quarters of the expansion. All fuels grew at a slower…..Click Here to Read More
Economy to Shrink 4% in FY21- ADB Forecast
- The coronavirus pandemic, the Indian economy is expected to contract by 4 per cent during the current financial year, the ADB said in a supplement to its Asian Development Outlook (ADO) on Thursday.
- Countries in Developing Asia will “barely grow” in 2020, as per the ADB forecast. “Growth in Indian GDP slowed to 3.1 per cent in the last quarter of fiscal year 2019 (FY2019, ended 31 March 2020), its slowest since early 2003. Economic growth slowed to 4.2 per cent in the whole of FY2019 as both exports and investment started to contract.
- “High-frequency indicators such as purchasing managers’ indexes…..Click Here to Read More
CCI Approves Acquisition of Metso Oyj’s Minerals Business by Outotec Oyj
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves the acquisition of Metso Oyj’s (“Metso”) minerals business by Outotec Oyj (“Outotec”) under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002, here today.
- The Proposed Combination relates to acquisition of Metso’s minerals business (“Metso Minerals”) by Outotec. All such assets, rights, debts, and liabilities of Metso that relate to, or primarily serve, its minerals business (comprising the mining, aggregates, minerals consumables, minerals services, pumps, and recycling businesses) will be acquired by Outotec (“Proposed Combination”).
- The Proposed Combination will be achieved by way of a partial demerger of Metso Minerals pursuant to the Finnish Companies Act. In return for the transfer…..Click Here to Read More
Saudi Arabia’s PIF to Invest Rs 11,367 Crore in Jio Platforms For 2.32% Stake
- Reliance Industries Limited and Jio Platforms Limited, India’s leading digital services platform, on Thursday, 18 June, announced an investment of Rs 11,367 crore by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF), one of the world’s largest sovereign wealth funds.
- This investment values Jio platforms at an equity value of Rs 4.91 lakh crore and an enterprise value of Rs 5.16 lakh crore. PIF’s investment will translate into a 2.32 percent equity stake in Jio Platforms on a fully diluted basis.
- With this investment, Jio Platforms has raised Rs 1.15 lakh crore from leading global investors, including Facebook, Silver Lake, Vista Equity Partners, General…..Click Here to Read More
Appointments & Resignations
JSW Cement Ropes in Sourav Ganguly, Sunil Chhetri as Brand Ambassadors
- Cement brand, JSW Cement has roped in former cricketer and current president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Sourav Ganguly as well as captain of the Indian national football team and Bengaluru FC, Sunil Chhetri as its brand ambassadors.
- The company is also rolling out its new multi-media marketing campaign ‘Leader’s Choice’ featuring both these sports icons on June 20th across West Bengal, Bihar and Odisha.
- According to the company, the Leader’s Choice campaign is based on the philosophy of building a solid foundation for a better tomorrow. The ‘Leader’s Choice’ campaign resonates with the life choices of the modern Indian who builds his own house…..Click Here to Read More
Veteran Journalist and Freedom Fighter Dinu Randive Passed Away
- Senior journalist and freedom fighter from Maharashtra, Dinu Randive passed away at his residence in Dadar, Mumbai this morning due to old age. He was 95.
- Mr. Randive played a key role in the struggle movement to carve out Maharashtra state called Samyukta Maharashtra movement. He also participated in the Goa liberation movement.
- The veteran journalist was born in 1925 at a tribal hamlet at Dahanu near Mumbai, he started his journalistic career in 1956.
- Early this year, he was conferred with the lifetime achievement award by the Mantralaya and Vidhimandal Vartahar Sangh, an association of journalists covering Maharashtra legislature and secretariat.
Veteran Economist B.P.R. Vithal Passes Away at 93
- Noted economist B P R Vithal, who served as a Member of the Tenth Finance Commission, died in Hyderabad on Friday. He was 93. Vithal is survived by his wife, daughter and two sons.
- Vithal, a 1950-batch IAS officer, died early on Friday morning due to age-related ailments, his son Sanjaya Baru, media advisor to former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, told PTI.
- Vithal had served as secretary, finance and planning, in the government of Andhra Pradesh from 1972 to 1982 and as deputy chairman of the State Planning Board. He was also chairman of the Expenditure Commission, Government of Kerala.
- Vithal had a brief stint at the International Monetary Fund as Fiscal Advisor to the governments of Sudan and Malawi. He had established the Centre for Economic and Social Studies in Hyderabad.
- Educated at Madrasa-e-Aliya high school, Hyderabad, he graduated from Madras Christian College and joined the Hyderabad Civil Service in 194, qualifying for IAS in 1950.
- In 1942, Vithal quit his under-graduate studies at Nizam College, Hyderabad, and attended the Quit India session of the Indian National Congress in Mumbai and actively participated in the national movement.
- On Mahatma Gandhiji’s advice, written on a postcard that Vithal preserved with care, he returned to his studies at Madras, where he was the first Indian president of the MCC students’ union to fly the Indian tricolor, Baru said.
World Sickle Cell Day 2020 – 19 June
- World Sickle Cell Day is observed on June 19. The day is meant to raise awareness about sickle cell disease, which is a group of disorders that affect haemoglobin, the molecule in red blood cells which deliver oxygen to cells throughout the body.
- People with this disorder have haemoglobin S, an atypical haemoglobin molecule which can distort red blood cells into a sickle or a crescent shape.
- This disease is a blood disorder which is inherited and passed down from parents to the child. In 2008, the UN General Assembly recognised sickle cell disease as a public health problem, and one of the world’s foremost genetic diseases.…..Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=53 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें