Current Affairs 19 May 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 19 May 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs May 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 15 Current Affairs of 19 May 2020
Coal Sector – 50,000 Crore for coal evacuation infrastructure
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced commercial mining of coal by the private sector, ending government monopoly on the sector.
- In her fourth tranche of the economic package, she said commercial mining will be done on revenue sharing mechanism instead of the regime of fixed rupee/tonne.
- “Entry norms will also be liberalized. Nearly 50 blocks will be offered immediately. There will be no eligibility conditions and only upfront….Click Here to Read More
Govt Announces big reforms in mining sector; to auction 500 blocks
- The Centre said it will rationalise stamp duty in mining sector, eliminate the difference between captive and non-captive mines, introduce seamless composite exploration-cum-mining-cum-production regime and auction 500 mining blocks.
- The introduction of a seamless composite exploration-cum-mining-cum-production regime will bring many more mineral blocks into auction….Click Here to Read More
Defence manufacturing FDI limit under automatic route raised to 74% from 49%
- The Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, announced that defence manufacturing FDI limit under automatic route has been raised to 74 percent from 49 percent, subject to security clearances.
- The government will ban imports of some weapons to promote indigenous production.
- She added that a list of weapons/platforms will be notified for the import ban.
- “‘MakeInIndia’ for self-reliance in defense….Click Here to Read More
Reduction in Flying cost Rs. 1000 crores – Efficient Airspace Management for Civil Aviation
- Currently, only around 60 per cent of the country”s airspace is freely available.
- Restrictions on utilisation of the Indian Air Space will be eased so that civilian flying becomes more efficient.
- Efficient airspace management for civilian flights could help in reducing flying costs to the tune of Rs 1,000 crore.
- The move would help “bring a total benefit….Click Here to Read More
Boosting private sector investment in Social Infrastructure through revamped Viability Gap Funding Scheme – Rs 8100 crores
- Social Infrastructure Projects suffer from poor viability.
- Government will enhance the quantum of Viability Gap Funding upto 30% each of Total Project Cost as VGF by Centre and State/Statutory Bodies.
- For other sectors, VGF existing support of 20 % each from GoI and States/Statutory Bodies shall continue.
- Total outlay is Rs. 8100 crores….Click Here to Read More
E-Sanjeevni teleconsultation, supply of HCQ and others
- The many steps taken by the Government to contain the spread of the coronavirus, facilitate the process of testing, diagnosis, and treatment, and take measures to ensure the safety of the frontline workers like healthcare professionals.
- The Government has already announced a package of Rs 15,000 crores.
- Out of which Rs 4113 crores have been released to the states.
- 3750 crores have been allocated to essential….Click Here to Read More
Reforming Governance for Ease of Doing Business
- Globally, potential investors look at a country’s Doing Business Report (DBR) ranking.
- Sustained measures taken have resulted in steadily improving India’s position in World Bank’s Doing Business Report rank from 142 in 2014 to 63 in 2019
- This included streamlining processes such as granting of permits and clearance, self-certification and third party certification among others.
- Government is working on a mission mode on the next phase of Ease of Doing Business Reforms relating to easy registration of property, fast disposal….Click Here to Read More
Technology driven Systems -Online Education during COVID
- SWAYAM PRABHA DTH channels to support and reach those who do not have access to the internet.3 channels were already earmarked for school education; now another 12 channels to be added.
- Provision made for telecast of live interactive sessions on these channels with experts from home through Skype.
- Also tied up with private DTH operators like Tata Sky & Airtel to air educational video content to enhance the reach of these….Click Here to Read More
Enhancement of Ease of Doing business through IBC related measures
- Minimum threshold to initiate insolvency proceedings raised to Rs. 1 crore (from Rs. 1 lakh, which largely insulates MSMEs).
- Special insolvency resolution framework for MSMEs under Section 240A of the Code to be notified soon.
- Suspension of fresh initiation of insolvency proceedings up to one year depending upon the pandemic situation.
- Empowering Central Government….Click Here to Read More
Centre already extended support to State Governments – FM Sitharaman
- Centre, like the states, has faced a sharp decline in revenues
- Despite this the Centre has consistently extended generous support to states in this hour of need.
- Devolution of taxes (Rs 46,038 cr) in April was given fully as if Budget Estimates were valid, even though actual revenue shows unprecedented decline from Budget Estimates.
- Revenue Deficit Grants to states (Rs 12,390 cr) given on time in April and May, despite Centre’s stressed resources….Click Here to Read More
Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu for forming govt for 5th time
- Israels 35th government was sworn in at the Knesset (Parliament), bringing an end to a 508-day political impasse.
- The Knesset voted 73-46 in favour of the new coalition government agreed by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his former rival, Benny Gantz, reports The Times of Israel.
- Netanyahu was sworn in as Prime Minister….Click Here to Read More
Italy develops ‘iFeel-You’ bracelet for social distancing
- The Genoa-based Italian Institute of Technology (IIT) has come up with iFeel-You, an intelligent bracelet which will help users respect social distancing rules.
- The bracelet has been developed as the measures for safeguarding against the coronavirus are gradually being lifted.
- The technology was launched at a video press conference which involved the participation of Liguria governor Giovanni Toti and IIT President Giorgio Metta.
- Metta claimed that the bracelet can measure….Click Here to Read More
Banking & Finance
Canara Bank launches special gold loan business vertical
- Bengaluru-based Canara Bank, the fourth-largest public sector lender, has launched a special business vertical dedicated for gold loans.
- The Bank’s gold loan products are aimed at providing quick, hassle-free experience for customers with low interest cost.
- The loans will help the customers with the much-needed….Click Here to Read More
General Atlantic to buy 1.34% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 6598.38 crore
- Private equity firm General Atlantic is set to invest Rs 6,598.38 crore in Jio Platforms for a 1.34% stake.
- This will be the fourth investment in the Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) business in rapid succession, following those by social media major Facebook and private equity funds Silver Lake and Vista Equity Partners.
- “This investment values Jio Platforms at an equity value of ₹4.91 lakh crore and an enterprise value of ₹5.16 lakh crore.
- General Atlantic’s investment will translate….Click Here to Read More
International Museum Day 2020 – Date, theme, significance
- Museums play an important part in the development of society. They enlighten us with the numerous unknowns and take us to places we have never been before.
- A museum describes the journey of a nation from prehistory to modernity by displaying the enriched historical artefacts such as tools, weapons, clothes and jewellery.
- To mark the importance of the Museum, every year International Museum Day….Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=24 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें