Current Affairs Today 19 June 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 19 June 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs June 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 19 June 2020
Formal Employment in India Grew by 28.6% in 2019-20 – EPFO
- The formal employment in India grew by a robust 28.6% in 2019-20 on the back of major policy reforms of the government, including the roll-out of GST, allowing fixed-term contracts across sectors and lower exits by EPFO subscribers because of better returns on PF deposits and services offered by the retirement fund body.
- The top sectors which have seen over 50% increase in formalisation of workforce are hospitality and financial institutions while sectors like textiles have seen a jump of 20% as per the payroll data of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation,…..Click Here to Read More
India Elected for 8th Term as Non-Permanent UNSC Member
- With India formally elected as non-permanent member of the powerful UN Security Council for a two-year term on Wednesday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that he was “deeply grateful” for the overwhelming support from the international community.
- There were five vacant seats in the UNSC, out of which four were filled by the first round of voting on Wednesday. Along with India, Kenya, Ireland, Mexico and Norway obtained the requisite two-thirds majority in the General Assembly.
- However, the fifth African seat remained vacant and will go into second round…..Click Here to Read More
Reserve Bank of India Proposes Tougher Rules For Housing Finance Companies
- The Reserve Bank on Wednesday proposed to double the minimum net owned fund (NOF) requirement for housing finance companies to Rs 20 crore and classification of such firms under its draft framework for these companies. The step is aimed at strengthening the capital base mainly of small housing finance companies (HFC), the RBI said while releasing the proposed changes in the regulatory framework for HFCs.
- A new category of systematically important HFCs based on financial parameters and restrict lending by HFCs either to a construction company or flat buyers of that company have also been proposed in the draft…..Click Here to Read More
Karnataka Bank Launches COVID-19 Health Insurance in Partnership With Universal Sompo
- Karnataka Bank on Wednesday said it has launched a health insurance policy for COVID-19 in a tie-up with Universal Sompo General Insurance Company.
- To protect the health of common man, Karnataka Bank has launched a special health insurance policy to cover the uncertainties posed by COVID-19 pandemic, it said in a release.
- “With the objective of providing insurance cover for individuals for COVID-19 pandemic related health expenses, the bank in association with Universal…..Click Here to Read More
ICICI Home Finance Launches SARAL, Affordable Housing Loan Scheme
- ICICI Home Finance (ICICI HFC) has launched SARAL – an Affordable Housing Loan. This housing loan will be aimed to fund homes in urban and rural areas. It has been developed for women, lower-middle-income customers, and economically weaker sections who have a maximum household income up to Rs 6 lakhs annually.
- This housing loan is offered at an interest rate starting from 7.98 per cent onwards. Under the SARAL affordable housing loan, one can opt for a loan up to Rs 35 lakhs, and for a maximum tenure of 20 years. Additionally, people with pre-existing loans can also transfer their loans to ICICI Home Finance’s SARAL affordable housing loan.
- Loan applicants of the SARAL housing loan can also avail of an interest subsidy up to Rs 2.67 lakhs per house, under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana…..Click Here to Read More
Tata AIA Life Introduces Aadhaar Based Offline e-KYC Service
- Tata AIA Life Insurance (Tata AIA Life) on Wednesday said it has tied up with East Consultancy Services to offer Aadhaar-based paperless offline e-KYC service.
- The e-KYC (Know Your Customer) service will provide seamless customer on-boarding during online application process for the company”s life insurance solutions, Tata AIA Life said in a release.
- This will make Tata AIA Life”s end-to-end digital sales system, which enables remote purchase of its life insurance solutions, more efficient.…..Click Here to Read More
Bank of Baroda to Completely Digitise Lending Operations
- India’s third largest lender Bank of Baroda is set to completely digitise it’s lending operations including home, agriculture, MSME, personal and auto loans. The bank which is looking to completely do away with paper-based lending has reached out to the big four and some white shoe consultants like McKinsey and Boston Consulting Group to help set up a “digital lending department”.
- The validation and disbursal of fresh loans will happen via this digital platform while past loans will also be digitised to cut costs and improve profitability. The bank is planning to digitise a large proportion of its retail and MSME processes in the next six months.
- “Yes, bank has setup a new vertical at the corporate office – the Digital Lending Department which will have substantial overlap with various…..Click Here to Read More
Appointments & Resignations
Turkey’s Volkan Bozkir Elected President of 75th UN General Assembly
- The UN General Assembly on Wednesday elected Turkish diplomat Volkan Bozkir to be its president ahead of the 75th General Debate in September.
- In a secret ballot vote Bozkir, who was unopposed for the post, received 178 ballots in support as 11 nations abstained, Anadolu Agency reported.
- “I am thankful to all UN member states, for electing me with an overwhelming majority, as the President of the 75th UN General Assembly,” Bozkir…..Click Here to Read More
Kubatbek Boronov Appointed Acting Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyzstan’s ruling coalition nominated Kubatbek Boronov for prime minister on Tuesday, virtually ensuring he would get the post after his predecessor resigned due to a corruption probe against former Cabinet officials.
- Boronov, 55, served as the first deputy prime minister in the previous Cabinet and worked as the Central Asian nation’s minister of emergency situations in the past.
- He does not belong to any of the coalition…..Click Here to Read More
Former Lok Sabha MP, banker Madhavrao Patil Dies at 80
- Former Lok Sabha MP and founder of Janalaxmi Cooperative Bank Madhavrao Patil died after a brief illness on Sunday morning in Maharashtra’s Nashik district.
- He was 80 and is survived by his wife, two sons and two daughters.
- He was a staunch supporter of Sharad Pawar and was among the first to join when the latter formed the Nationalist Congress Party in 1999.
- Patil had won from Nashik Lok Sabha constituency on a Congress ticket in 1998.
- His last rites were performed at Amardham crematorium here.
Sustainable Gastronomy Day 2020 – June 18
- Gastronomy is sometimes called the art of food. It can also refer to a style of cooking from a particular region. In other words, gastronomy often refers to local food and cuisine. Sustainability is the idea that something (e.g. agriculture, fishing or even preparation of food) is done in a way that is not wasteful of our natural resources and can be continued into the future without being detrimental to our environment or health.
- Sustainable gastronomy, therefore, means cuisine that takes into account where the ingredients are from, how the food is grown and how it gets to our markets and eventually to our plates.
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)…..Click Here to Read More
Autistic Pride Day 2020 – Theme, Significance
- Autistic Pride Day is a celebration held each year for people with autism. Every year on June 18, Autistic Pride Day is observed to respect the rights of persons with autism.
- “We have been trying to create awareness for over 20 years now and we have achieved a great degree of success. Our effort has been to reach out to people as best as we can and create a close-knit support group,” Chitra Iyer, Forum for Autism.
- The coronavirus lockdown has been harsh on everyone and parents are going all out to keep children engaged…..Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=52 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें