Current Affairs Today 18 June 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 18 June 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs June 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 18 June 2020
India Pledges to Construct Sanitation Facility at Nepal’s Iconic Pashupatinath Temple
- India has pledged to construct a Rs 2.33 crore sanitation facility at the iconic Pashupatinath Temple complex here to improve the infrastructure in the holy shrine for the pilgrims, according to an official statement.
- The project would be constructed under the Nepal-Bharat Maitri: Development Partnership as a high impact community development scheme by India.
- A Memorandum of Understanding was signed on Monday between the Indian Embassy, Nepal’s Ministry of Federal Affairs and General Administration and the…..Click Here to Read More
Sports Ministry to Establish Khelo India Centres of Excellence
- Following up in its efforts to push for greater grassroots development of sports and infrastructure, the Sports Ministry has now decided to set up Khelo India State Centres of Excellence (KISCE) under Khelo India.
- While KISCE would be identified in every state, the first phase of the scheme will see eight state-owned facilities being upgraded. The eight have been selected on the basis of facilities available in priority sports, infrastructure and past champions.
- The ministry said the process of selection and shortlisting of venues to be developed into world-class facilities began in October 2019 but only 15 proposals…..Click Here to Read More
India Ranks 43rd on IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2020 – Singapore Tops
- India has been ranked at 43rd position among 63 nations, in the annual World Competitiveness Index for the year 2020 compiled by Institute for Management Development (IMD).
- Last year also India was at 43rd spot.
- Singapore has retained the top position this year also.
- Denmark, Switzerland, the Netherlands and Hong Kong…..Click Here to Read More
India Ninth Largest Recipient Of FDI In 2019 With $51 Billion
- India received $51 billion in foreign direct investment in 2019, making it the world’s 9th largest recipient in 2019, according to a report by the United Nations’ trade body, the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD). A lower but positive economic growth in India in the post-COVID19 pandemic period and the country’s large market will continue to attract market-seeking investments, the UNCTAD said in its World Investment Report 2020 report.
- FDI inflows into the country rose to $51 billion in 2019, from $42 billion in 2018 when India the twelfth position among top 20 host economies in the world, according to the report.
- India was among the top five host economies for FDI in the developing…..Click Here to Read More
Serum Institute of India, UNICEF Supply Agreement to Provide Pneumonia Vaccine to Low-Income Nations
- Lower-income countries across the world will now be able to access life-saving pneumococcal conjugate vaccines, which protect against the leading cause of pneumonia, for USD 2 per dose, thanks to the supply agreement between UNICEF, Vaccine Alliance Gavi’s procurement partner and the Serum Institute of India.
- The supply agreement is the 8th to take place under the Vaccine Alliance’s AMC mechanism, and the first to include a developing country manufacturer.
- The new price represents a 43 per cent reduction from the…..Click Here to Read More
India Becomes Founding Member of Global Alliance on AI
- India joined international and multi-stakeholder initiative Global Partnership for Artificial Intelligence (GPAI) on artificial intelligence as its founder member.
- “Delighted to announce that India has joined the Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence or GPAI today as a founding member. This multi-stakeholder international partnership will promote responsible and human centric development and use of AI,” IT minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said in a tweet.
- “This is also a first initiative of its type for evolving better understanding of the challenges and opportunities around AI using…..Click Here to Read More
AIIB Approves USD 750 Million Loan to India For Covid-19 Response
- Beijing-based Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) said it has approved a USD 750 million (around Rs 5,714 crore) loan to India to help the government strengthen its battle against the adverse impact of Covid-19 on poor and vulnerable households.
- “Cofinanced with the Asian Development Bank, the budgetary support will go toward bolstering economic aid for businesses, including for the informal sector, expanding social safety nets for the needy, and strengthening the country’s health care systems,” the multilateral agency said in a statement.
- India is extremely vulnerable to the pandemic given that around 270 million people continue to live below the national poverty line and around…..Click Here to Read More
HDFC ERGO to Launch On-demand ”Pay As You Fly” Insurance for Drones with TropoGo
- HDFC ERGO, the country’s third-largest non-life insurance provider in the private sector, and TropoGo, a Deep Tech start-up, have partnered to offer commercial drone owners and operators Third Party Liability claims cover for property damage and bodily injuries. This policy is the first-of-its-kind in the non-life insurance segment in India which will be offered on-demand to customers on ‘Pay as you Fly’ concept.
- In the current pandemic, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) or drones are being considered and also actively used actively by State and Central Government in the fight against COVID-19. While the world has come to a grinding halt, drones are proving to be efficient and beneficial for public surveillance, crowd monitoring and; in certain areas; even for delivery of essentials like medicines. Moreover, the use…..Click Here to Read More
Awards & Recognitions
Indian Startups are in the World Economic Forum’s Technology Pioneers List 2020
- The World Economic Forum has released its list of Technology Pioneers of 2020 and two Indian startups – Stellapps and Zestmoney are a part of the list.
- “By joining this community, Technology Pioneers begin a two-year journey where they are part of the World Economic Forum’s initiatives, activities and events, bringing their cutting-edge insight and fresh thinking to critical global discussions,” said the statement from WEF.
- Companies that have been a part of the prestigious…..Click Here to Read More
Appointments & Resignations
BCCI’s DK Jain Gets One-Year Extension as Ethics Officer and Ombudsman
- Former Supreme Court judge DK Jain will continue as Board of Control for Cricket in India’s ethics officer and ombudsman after getting a one-year extension from the cricket Board.
- Jain was appointed by the Supreme Court in February 2019 as BCCI’s first-ever ombudsman. He was later given the additional role of ethics officer. His term ended on February 29 this year but his contract was renewed only last week.
- “I resumed office last week and it is another one-year term as ethics officer and ombudsman. Considering the Covid-19 situation, I will be conducting…..Click Here to Read More
Fourth Edition of Asian Youth Para Games to be held in Bahrain in December 2021
- The Asian Paralympic Committee (APC) on Wednesday announced that the fourth Asian Youth Para Games will take place in Bahrain from December 1-10, 2021.
- Around 800 athletes under 20 years of age are expected to compete in nine sports: athletics, baminton, boccia, goalball, para taekwondo, powerlifting, swimming, table tennis and wheelchair basketball.
- The competition will take place across numerous venues in Khalifa Sports…..Click Here to Read More
Lt Gen Raj Mohan Vohra, 1971 War Hero & Maha Vir Chakra Awardee, Dies of Covid at 88
- Lieutenant General (retd) Raj Mohan Vohra, who was a 1971 war hero and a Maha Vir Chakra awardee, has died due to COVID-19, senior officials said on Tuesday. He was 88
- The decorated officer breathed his last on June 14, they said. “He was admitted initially to a private hospital for stent procedure. He died on June 14 due to COVID-19 infection,” a senior official said.
- A lieutenant colonel, Lt Gen (retd) Vohra commanded the elite Hodson’s Horse in the Shakargarh Sector during the Indo-Pak War of 1971 and was awarded…..Click Here to Read More
Former Goa minister Achyut Usgaonkar Dies
- Former Goa minister Achyut Kashinath Sinai Usgaonkar died at a hospital near here on
Tuesday following age-related ailments, family sources said. He was 92.
- “Usgaonkar died at the Goa Medical College and Hospital (located near Panaji) around 7.30 am,” his son-in-law Dinar Tarcar.
- He is survived by three daughters, including noted film actor Varsha Usgaonkar.
- Usgaonkar was a leader of the Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP), the oldest regional outfit in Goa. He served as a cabinet minister…..Click Here to Read More
Books & Authors
Nobel Winner Kazuo Ishiguro’s New Novel ‘Klara and the Sun’ Out in March 2021
- Nobel Laureate Kazuo Ishiguro is all set to come out with his new novel, his first since receiving the honour in 2017.
- According to a report, it will be about an artificial being called Klara and her desire to find a human owner. The report states that in the book, Klara longingly looks at browsers hoping that she will be chosen by one. “When the possibility emerges that her circumstances may change forever, Klara is warned not to invest too much in the promises of humans,” said UK publisher Faber. Klara and the Sun will be out on March 2, 2021.
- Faber editorial director Angus Cargill described it as “a novel about the human heart that speaks urgently to the here and now, but from another…..Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=51 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें