Current Affairs Today 17 June 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 17 June 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs June 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 17 June 2020
EPFO Launches Multi Location Claims Settlement Facility
- Retirement fund body Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) said it has launched a multi-location claim settlement facility to expedite member claims, moving away from the existing system of geographical jurisdiction for claim processing.
- The facility will bring a paradigm shift by allowing EPFO offices to settle online claims from any of its regional office across the country, the labour ministry said in a statement.
- All types of online claims, i.e., provident fund, pension, partial withdrawal…..Click Here to Read More
Dharmendra Pradhan Launches Indian Gas Exchange, First Nationwide Online Delivery-Based Gas Trading Platform
- Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, on Monday, launched the Indian Gas Exchange (IGX). It is the first nationwide online delivery-based gas trading platform. IGX has been incorporated as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the IEX, which is India’s energy market platform.
- The trading platform will enable market participants to trade in standardised gas contracts. IGX is fully automated with a web-based interface and it provides seamless trading experience to the customers.
- Speaking on the occasion, Mr Pradhan said that the launch of the new electronic trading platform for natural gas has opened a new chapter in the energy…..Click Here to Read More
India’s First Infectious Disease Diagnostic Lab Now Ready
- The first disease diagnostics lab in India is now ready. The mobile laboratory is a part of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s call for ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’. The laboratory promotes and supports the idea of being self-efficient in difficult times.
- The laboratory has been reported to be built in the recorded time of just 8 days from the date of receipt of Automotive Chassis, from Bharat Benz. The lab has been built with the support of the Department of Bio-Technology.…..Click Here to Read More
India Joins GPAI As Founding Member
- India has joined the Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI) as a founding member to support responsible and human-centric development and use of Artificial Intelligence (AI), an official release said.
- With this, India has joined the league of leading nations and economies including the US, the UK, EU, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, and Singapore for launch of GPAI.
- “GPAI is an international and multi-stakeholder initiative to…..Click Here to Read More
India, China Increased Nuclear Weapons – SIPRI
- India and China have increased their nuclear arsenal over the last year, according to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI). The Swedish think-tank that researches on conflict, armaments and arms control also pointed out on Monday that China is significantly modernising its nuclear arsenal.
- China and Pakistan have more nuclear warheads as compared to India, according to the SIPRI Yearbook 2020. India has 150 nuclear warheads, while China and Pakistan have 320 and 160. The figures are until January. Last year, India had…..Click Here to Read More
Airtel Payments Bank Launches Salary Account For MSMEs
- Airtel Payments Bank Launches Salary Account For MSMEs.
- Through the ‘Suraksha Salary’ account, MSMEs and other organisations will be able to make cashless payments and also provide financial security blanket to their employees. The benefits under the account include Hospicash Insurance and Personal Accidental insurance cover, given the low penetration of insurance in India.
- The MSME workforce has been one of the worst affected during the nationwide lockdown. These units employ a large number of…..Click Here to Read More
India Forex Reserves Cross $500 bn For the First time
- The country’s foreign exchange reserves crossed the $500 billion mark for the first time ever. Supported by low crude oil prices, decline in imports and healthy FDI and FPI inflows, the reserves expanded by $8.2 billion in the week ended June 5, to hit the new high of $501.7 billion.
- Even as Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the lockdown beginning March 25, which brought economic activity to a standstill, forex reserves have surged by $31.8 billion since week ended March 20, when the reserves stood at $469.9 billion.
- In the nine-month period between September 20, 2019 and June 5, 2020, foreign exchange reserves have grown $73 billion. On September 20…..Click Here to Read More
CBIC Chairman M. Ajit Kumar Launches “E-Office” Application
- M. Ajit Kumar, Chairman, Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) launched the e-Office application in over 500 CGST and Customs offices across India here today. The e-Office application was launched remotely in the presence of over 800 senior officers of CBIC. Dr Neeta Verma, DG, National Informatics Centre, (NIC) was also present.
- Over 50,000 officers and staff will use this application making CBIC one of the largest Government departments to automate its internal office procedures.
- The launch of e-Office marks a fundamental change in internal…..Click Here to Read More
Appointments & Resignations
PM CARES Appoint SARC & Associates as Auditor of Fund
- Trustees of the PM CARES Fund have appointed SARC & Associates as auditor of the fund. Its website pmcares.gov.in says trustees of the fund, which is called Prime Minister’s Citizens Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations (PM CARES) Fund, appointed “SARC & Associates, Chartered Accountants, New Delhi, as the auditors” for three years.
- The decision was taken by the trustees to appoint this firm as “independent auditors” during the fund’s second meeting on April 23, the updated FAQs (frequently asked questions) on the website states.
- The firm, headed by Sunil Kumar Gupta, was appointed…..Click Here to Read More
Kyrgyzstan Prime Minister Mukhammedkalyi Abylgaziev Resigns
- The prime minister of Kyrgyzstan, Mukhammedkalyi Abylgaziev, resigned Monday, the government’s press service said.
- Abylgaziev, who had already taken a two-week leave of absence, said he was resigning to avoid hindering the progress of a criminal investigation into reportedly corrupt practices in using mobile communication frequencies.
- Abylgaziev denied any involvement in the case and all accusations against him.
- He had been serving as the prime minister…..Click Here to Read More
Acquistions & Mergers
CCI approves acquisition by MacRitchie Investments in 91Streets, Ascent and API
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved acquisition by MacRitchie Investments (MacRitchie) in 91Streets Media Technologies (91Streets), Ascent Health and Wellness Solutions (Ascent) and API Holdings (API) under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act 2002.
The proposed combination relates to the acquisition of certain percentage of compulsorily convertible debentures, compulsorily convertible preference shares or/and common shares of 91Streets, Ascent and API.
- MacRitchie Investments is an investment holding company…..Click Here to Read More
500-Year-Old Temple, Submerged In Odisha’s Mahanadi River, Found
- A temple believed to be 500 years old has been found in the Mahanadi River in Odisha. The temple was submerged during floods in 1933, say researchers. With the river changing its course due to flooding over a hundred years ago, an entire village and the temple were submerged at Nayagarh.
- “This temple has a very old history. It is around 450 to 500 years old. The idol from this temple has been taken to another temple. We are working on a project, documenting the Mahanadi valley, so we were looking for this temple. Around a week ago we were informed that the upper part of the temple is visible,” INTACH…..Click Here to Read More
Global Wind Day 2020 – Significance, History
- World Wind Day, also known as Global Wind Day, is observed every year on June 15. The event is celebrated to spread awareness about wind energy, the various uses of wind energy, and the ways and possibilities as to how wind energy can help change the world.
World Wind Day 2020- Meaning and Significance
- The worldwide event that is celebrated every year on June 15 encourages and raises awareness on wind energy, which is a natural form of energy and also sheds light on all the ways that wind energy helps to shape the energy systems and the…..Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=50 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें