Current Affairs 17 & 18 May 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 17 &18 May 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs May 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 17 & 18 May 2020
Centre Approves Modified Project Report Of Ujh Dam In Jammu And Kashmir
- The centre has given approval to a modified detailed project report (DPR) of the Ujh Multipurpose Project (MPP) in Jammu and Kashmir at an estimated cost of Rs 9,167 crore.
- The Central Advisory Committee for consideration of techno-economic viability of major and medium irrigation, flood control and multipurpose….Click Here to Read More
e-NAM platform onboards 1,000 mandis in 18 States and 3 Union Territories
- The Centre said it has achieved integration of 1,000 wholesale mandis, located in 21 states and union territories, with the electronic-National Agriculture Market (e-NAM).
- While 585 mandis were integrated in the first phase, 415 mandis were integrated in the second phase. The deadline for second phase was May 15.
- Right now, farmers auction their agriculture produce at 6,900-odd APMC (Agriculture Produce Marketing Committees) mandis spread across the nation.
- Some of them are also using online bidding through….Click Here to Read More
Centre, WB govt inked loan agreements with AIIB and World Bank for $413 mn Irrigation and Flood Management Project
- The government of India, West Bengal government and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) inked a loan agreement for a $145 million project to improve irrigation services and flood management in the Damodar Valley Command Area (DVCA) in West Bengal.
- The West Bengal Major Irrigation and Flood Management Project will benefit about 2.7 million farmers from five districts of the state across 393,964 ha area with better irrigation services and improved protection….Click Here to Read More
Banking & Finance
Nabard sanctions Rs 1,500 cr for Punjab to ensure Credit flow to farmers
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned Rs 1,500 crore for Punjab to ensure continuous credit flow to farmers, through state cooperative banks, amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This is part of Nabard”s Rs 25,000 crore nationwide special liquidity facility (SLF), which has been made available to state cooperative banks, regional rural banks, and microfinance institutions (MFIs), to ensure flow of….Click Here to Read More
Zubair Iqbal appointed MD J-K Bank, Chibber to continue as chairman
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration approved the appointment of senior vice president of HDFC Bank Zubair Iqbal as the new managing director of Jammu and Kashmir Bank.
- R K Chibber will continue as the bank’s chairman for the next three years.
- Iqbal will have a three-year tenure.
- “Consequent to the above (decision of appointment), the board of J&K bank may appoint him (Iqbal) as managing director of J&K bank,”.
- Chibber, who is currently MD and Chairman….Click Here to Read More
GCPL acquires balance 25% stake in Kenya-based Canon Chemicals
- FMCG major Godrej Consumer Products Ltd (GCPL) on Friday announced acquisition of the balance 25 per cent stake in Kenya-based Canon Chemicals Ltd for an undisclosed sum.
- Canon Chemicals would now be a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company.The acquisition was made through its step down firm Godrej East Africa Holdings Ltd.
- “The Company through its wholly-owned subsidiary,….Click Here to Read More
Science & Defence News
Commissioning of Seventh Ship of Landing Craft Utility MK-IV ‘INLCU L57’ at Port Blair
- Lieutenant General PS Rajeshwar, PVSM, AVSM, VSM, ADC, Commander-in-Chief A&N Command, commissioned INLCU L57 into the Indian Navy on 15 May 2020 at Port Blair.
- INLCU L57 is the seventh Landing Craft Utility (LCU) MK-IV class to be inducted into the Indian Navy.
- The ship has been indigenously designed and built by M/s Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE), Kolkata.
- The commissioning of INLCU L57 is yet another manifestation of the country’s indigenous design and ship building….Click Here to Read More
CSIR Collaborates with Intel and IIIT-Hyderabad to Combat COVID-19
- Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) is working with Intel India and International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT)-Hyderabad to help achieve faster and less expensive COVID-19 testing and coronavirus genome sequencing to understand epidemiology and AI-based risk stratification for patients with co-morbidities.
- Intel India is developing an end-to-end system that consists of multiple applications, testing devices, data collection/aggregation gateways, a data exchange SDK and an AI model-hub platform. CSIR constituent labs….Click Here to Read More
Books & Authors
Union HRD Minister e-Launches seven titles on “Psycho-Social Impact of Pandemic & Lockdown and How to Cope With”
- Union HRD Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’today e-Launchedprint as well as e-editions of the set ofseven titles on “Psycho-Social impact of pandemic & lockdown and how to Cope With” under the corona studies series published by NBT India.
- Union Minister said that “To counter these formidable circumstances that the world is facing these days, NBT has brought out these remarkable and unparalleled set of books, and I hope that these books serve as….Click Here to Read More
EBook ‘Wuhan Diary: Dispatches from a Quarantined City’ Releases in India
- The much-talked about ‘Wuhan Diary: Dispatches from a Quarantined City’ by well-known Chinese literary writer Fang Fang, has released in India in the ebook format Published by Harper NonFiction, the audio will follow on May 26.
- The book, which will be translated into 15 languages is a compilation of the author’s diary entries and social media posts that document 60 days of lockdown during the COVID-19 epidemic.
- The book called ‘Wuhan Diary: Dispatches from….Click Here to Read More
International Day of Light 2020 – May 16
- The United Nations marks the International Day of Light (IDL) — an annual initiative held globally to raise awareness on the critical role played by light-based technologies in everyday life — on May 16.
- The IDL highlights the contribution of such technologies in various avenues such as science, technology, art, and culture, thus helping achieve the UNESCO goals of education, equality, and peace.
- The day selected, May 16, marks the anniversary….Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=23 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें