Current Affairs 16 May 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 16 May 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs May 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 16 May 2020
GI Tag provided to Telangana’s Telia Rumal and Jharkhand’s Sohrai Khovar painting
- Jharkhand’s Sohrai Khovar painting and Telangana’s Telia Rumal were given the Geographical Indication (GI) tag by the Geographical Indications Registry headquartered in Chennai.
- The application for the painting was made by Sohrai Kala Mahila Vikas Sahyog Samiti Limited while the application for Telia Rumal was made…..Click Here to Read More
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh approves Rs 400 crore Defence Testing Infrastructure Scheme
- In order to give a boost to domestic defence and aerospace manufacturing, Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh has approved the launch of Defence Testing Infrastructure Scheme (DTIS) with an outlay of Rs 400 crore for creating state of the art testing infrastructure for this sector.
- The Scheme would run for the duration of five years and envisages to setup six to eight new test facilities in partnership with private…..Click Here to Read More
FM announced Rs 20,000 crore for fisherman through Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said an amount of Rs 20,000 crore will be reserved for the welfare of fishermen through the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY).
- Sitharaman was addressing a press conference to announce the third tranche of the economic stimulus package covering agriculture, fisheries and allied activities.
- PMMSY scheme will be launched for integrated…..Click Here to Read More
Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund of Rs. 15,000 crore to be set up
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced that the Centre will set up an animal husbandry infrastructure development fund of Rs 15,000 crore.
- Many areas in the country with high milk production have great potential for private investment in the dairy sector, and the government will also support private investment in dairy processing, value addition and cattle feed infrastructure.
- The government will also give incentives…..Click Here to Read More
FM Nirmala Sitharaman announced ₹4000 crore fund for Promotion of Herbal Cultivation scheme
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman informed that a corridor of medicinal plants would be created on the banks of the Ganga and for this National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB) would identify 800 hectare of land near the river.
- The plan is part of a Rs 4,000 crore programme launched for the promotion of herbal cultivation.
- It forms an important part of a slew of initiatives announced…..Click Here to Read More
Rajnath Singh commissions indigenously made Indian Coast Guard Ship ‘Sachet’, two interceptor boats
- Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday commissioned the Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) Sachet and two interceptor boats (IBs) C-450 and C-451 in Goa via video conference.
- The ICGS Sachet is the first in the series of five offshore patrol vessels (OPVs) and has been designed & built indigenously by Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL).
- It is fitted with state-of-the-art navigation and…..Click Here to Read More
Top to Total scheme worth Rs 500 crore
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that “Operation Greens” would now be extended from tomatoes, onions, and potatoes (Top) to all fruits and vegetables.
- The Rs 500 crore ‘Top to Total’ scheme aims to repair broken supply chains in India.
- The Centre acknowledges and identifies that supply chains have been disrupted due to the coronavirus induced lockdown, due to…..Click Here to Read More
Tribal Affairs Minister Launches ‘GOAL’ Programme to provide online mentorship to tribal youth
- Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda has launched the “GOAL – Going Online As Leaders – programme of his Ministry in partnership with Facebook at a Webinar in New Delhi.
- The GOAL programme is designed to provide mentorship to tribal youth through digital mode.
- The digitally enabled programme envisages to act as a catalyst to explore hidden talents of the tribal youth, which will help in their personal…..Click Here to Read More
World Bank approves $1 billion to support India’s fight against COVID-19
- The World Bank on Friday approved USD 1 billion ‘Accelerating India’s COVID-19 Social Protection Response Program’ to support the country’s efforts for providing social assistance to the poor and vulnerable households, severely impacted by the pandemic.
- This takes the total commitment from the World Bank towards emergency COVID-19 response in India to USD 2 billion.
- A USD 1 billion support was announced last month to support…..Click Here to Read More
WTO chief Azevedo to step down on August 31 before term expires
- Geneva-based World Trade Organisation (WTO) said its chief Roberto Azevedo will step down on August 31, a year before his term ends, on personal grounds.
- India is one of the founder members of this multi-lateral body, which frames rules for global exports and imports.
- “At a virtual meeting of all WTO members, WTO Director-General Roberto Azevedo announced that he would step down on 31 August, cutting his second term short by exactly one year,” the WTO said in a…..Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=22 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें