Current Affairs Today 16 June 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 16 June 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs June 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 16 June 2020
GST Council Meeting Highlights Chaired by FInance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- 40th GST Council meeting was held on Friday, 12th June 2020 via video conferencing.
- 40th GST Council meeting chaired by the Union FM Nirmala Sitharaman and made important announcements on GST return late fee waiver, reduced interest rate further being extended on account of COVID-19 crisis.
Reduction In/Waiver from the Prior Period Late Fee
- GST late fee reduction for prior periods 1st July 2017 to 31st January…..Click Here to Read More
India, with 12 Countries, Leads Initiative at UN to Counter Misinformation on COVID-19
- India, along with 12 other countries, has led an initiative here aimed at spreading fact-based content to counter misinformation on the coronavirus, with over 130 nations endorsing the global call to fight the “infodemic” relating to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- On the initiative by Australia, Chile, France, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Latvia, Lebanon, Mauritius, Mexico, Norway, Senegal and South Africa, a total of 132 member states endorsed a cross-regional statement on “infodemic” or manipulated information.
- UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres has said that apart from fighting…..Click Here to Read More
Banking & Finance
RBI proposes upper age limit of 70 yrs for bank CEOs, whole-time directors
- The RBI has proposed an upper age limit of 70 years for CEOs and whole-time directors of banks and a maximum term of 10 years for those belonging to the promoter group, as part of the exercise to improve governance in the banking sector.
- The discussion paper released by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Thursday said that chief executive officers (CEOs) and whole time directors (WTDs) belonging to the promoter group should pass on the managerial leadership to professionals after ten years.
- “The upper age limit for CEO/WTDs of banks is 70 years. Beyond this nobody can continue in the post. Within the overall limit of 70 years, individual bank’s board can prescribe, as an internal policy, a lower age limit for CEO/WTDs…..Click Here to Read More
ICICI Bank Launches Digital OD Facility for Its Salary Account Holders
- Private sector lender ICICI Bank today announced the launch of a facility that enables its salary account customers to get instant approval for overdraft (OD) in a paperless manner without visiting a branch. Called Insta Flexicash, this ICICI Bank offer can be availed by the bank’s pre-approved customers using its internet banking platform.
- The facility can be sanctioned immediately while customers can start using the approved overdraft limit within 48 hours. The interest payable on the overdraft is calculated on the basis of the actual amount availed by the customer, not on…..Click Here to Read More
RBI Modifies Framework For Financial Market Infra, Retail Payment System
- The Reserve Bank on Saturday came up with a modified oversight framework for financial market infrastructure and retail payment systems with a view to ensure safety and stability of payment structure.
- “This document, by enhancing supervisory transparency and disclosure, would enable better regulatory compliance by payment systems operators, and enhance customer awareness, eventually contributing to the safety and stability of our payment systems,” the RBI said while releasing version 2.0 of Oversight for Financial Market Infrastructure and Retail Payment Systems.
- The RBI, as per the document, will carry out the oversight activity through monitoring existing and planned systems, assessment of the FMIs and RPSs…..Click Here to Read More
Acquistions & Mergers
TPG, L Catterton pick up 1.32% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 6441.3 Crore
- Reliance Industries on Saturday said it has sold a further 1.32 per cent stake in its digital arm Jio Platforms for Rs 6441.3 crore to TPG and L Catterton.
- With this investment, Jio Platforms has now raised an overall Rs 1,04,326.9 crore from marquee global investors, including Facebook, Silver Lake, Vista Equity Partners, General Atlantic, KKR, Mubadala, ADIA, TPG and L Catterton, since April 22.
- Reliance Industries has sold a 0.93 per cent stake in Jio Platforms to global alternative asset firm TPG for Rs 4,546.80 crore, the company said in a statement…..Click Here to Read More
Central Railways Launches Robotic ‘Captain Arjun’ for Screening of Passengers for COVID-19
- In order to lower the burden on its personnel, the Central Railways has launched a robot named ‘Captain Arjun” for the screening of passengers for COVID-19 infection and surveillance on railway premises in Pune.
- Shivaji M Sutar, the Chief Public Relations Officer, Central Railway, Mumbai, said. “Robotic Captain “ARJUN” is an innovative step by the Central Railway, Pune division to enhance the security and safety of passengers.”
- Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal too took to Twitter and said, “Adding another feather in the cap, Railways launched a robot ‘Captain Arjun’, a device…..Click Here to Read More
MoS Home G Kishan Reddy Launches ‘GermiBAN’ Device to Kill Viruses
- Union Minister of State for Home affairs G. Kishan Reddy on Sunday launched ‘GermiBAN’, a device developed by Atal Incubation Centre & Association of Lady Entrepreneurs of India-Women Entrepreneurs HUB.
- The device can kill 99.9% of surface and air microbes and is useful for isolation wards, quarantine centres, hospitals and all general places for killing viruses like coronavirus.
- Appreciating the ALEAP WE HUB enterprise, he pointed out that startups like these have a potential to grow their business and government will provide them support in all aspects to create an ‘Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Innovations’…..Click Here to Read More
Former New Zealand cricketer Matt Poore dies aged 90
- Former New Zealand cricketer Matt Poore has passed away. He died on Friday, 10 days after his 90th birthday. Poore featured in 14 Tests for the Black Caps, scoring 355 runs and picking up nine wickets between 1953-1956.
- He also played 61 Tests for Canterbury and scored 2,336 runs and ended up with 68 wickets.
- Poore is widely remembered because of a freak incident involving a stray dog in Bengaluru Test during the 1955 New Zealand tour of India.
- “NZC is saddened to learn of the death of former Test batsman Matt Poore, who passed away this morning, aged 90. Matt played 14 Tests and was involved in two of our landmark tours: to South Africa in 1953…..Click Here to Read More
Books & Authors
‘Naoroji – Pioneer of Indian Nationalism’ Biography By Dinyar Patel
- Mahatma Gandhi called Dadabhai Naoroji the “father of the nation,” a title that today is reserved for Gandhi himself. Dinyar Patel examines the extraordinary life of this foundational figure in India’s modern political history, a devastating critic of British colonialism who served in Parliament as the first-ever Indian MP, forged ties with anti-imperialists around the world, and established self-rule or swaraj as India’s objective.
- Naoroji’s political career evolved in three distinct phases. He began as the activist who formulated the “drain of wealth” theory, which held the British…..Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=49 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें