Current Affairs 15 May 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 15 May 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs May 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 15 May 2020
Free Food Grain supply for 8 crore migrants for next 2 months
- The minister announced free food grain supply to all migrants who are non–card holders amounting to an expenditure of Rs 3,500 crore by the Centre for the next two months.
- At least 8 crore migrant workers will be given free food grains of 5 kg of rice or wheat and 1 kg of chana or pulses, for all those migrants who do not fall under the Food Security Act.
- An initiative of ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ will also be implemented for about 67 crore beneficiaries in at least 23 states covering 83% of…..Click Here to Read More
FM announced 2% interest subvention on smallest category of MUDRA-Shishu loans
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced Rs 1500 crore interest subvention for MUDRA-Shishu loan payees of up to Rs 50,000, for a period of at least 12 months.
- For small businesses, the minister announced a 2 per cent interest subvention on the smallest category of loans to be given under the MUDRA-Shishu loan scheme, which would add up to Rs 50,000.
- This measure would cost the Central government at least Rs 1500 crore annually.
- “Small businesses under MUDRA have been disrupted the most and it has also impacted their capacity to pay EMIs. A loan moratorium has…..Click Here to Read More
Rs 5,000 crore credit facility to be given to 50 lakh street vendors
- Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced that Rs 5,000 crore credit facility will be given to 50 lakh street vendors hit by the coronavirus-induced lockdown.
- The government will launch a special scheme within a month to facilitate easy access to credit to the street vendors.
- “We will provide Rs 5,000 crore special credit facility for street vendors”.
- The initial working capital of Rs 10,000 will…..Click Here to Read More
Rs 70,000 crore boost to housing sector and middle income group through extension of Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme for MIG under PMAY(Urban)
- The government announced the extension of the deadline for the affordable housing Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) till March 2021.
- The deadline for CLSS had expired on March 31, 2020. According to the government, this move will benefit 2.5 lakh middle income families during 2020-21.
- Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme for Middle Income…..Click Here to Read More
Government announced Rs 6,000 crore for Creating employment using CAMPA funds
- Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that plans worth Rs 6,000 crore would be approved shortly under the Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA).
- The CAMPA funds would help generate employment for tribals and adivasis in the areas of afforestation and regeneration activities in urban, semi-urban and rural areas.
- “We have received proposals worth Rs 6,000 crore worth proposals from the state speak about employment generation for the…..Click Here to Read More
NABARD to provide Rs 30,000 crore additional refinancing for farmers
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced that National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) will provide an additional emergency working capital funding of Rs 30,000 crore to farmers.
- The FM said, is over and above the Rs 90,000 crore provided by NABARD through the normal refinance route during this year.
- The additional Rs 30,000 crore will be immediately released.
- NABARD will offer this working capital fund to meet the…..Click Here to Read More
Rs 2 lakh crore credit boost to 2.5 crore farmers under Kisan Credit Card Scheme
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Thursday announced concessional credit boost worth Rs 2 lakh crore to 2.5 crore farmers through Kisan Credit Cards issued by the government.
- A special drive will be undertaken to provide concessional credit to PM-KISAN beneficiaries through Kisan Credit Cards. Fishermen and Animal husbandry farmers will also be included in this drive…..Click Here to Read More
EAM S Jaishankar participates in SCO Foreign Ministers ‘Video Conference’
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar participated in the virtual meeting of Foreign Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) member countries on Wednesday to discuss cooperation to fight the coronavirus pandemic.
- The foreign ministers and diplomats attending the meeting from eight different countries are expected to discuss the global challenges, preparedness, and response to the coronavirus pandemic.
- “The ministers will discuss topical regional…..Click Here to Read More
Haryana and J&K to provide tap water to all rural households ahead of national goal
- Haryana and Union Territory (UT) Jammu & Kashmir have planned to provide tap water connection to all rural households by December, 2022, ahead of the national goal by 2024-25.
- At present, 18.83 lakh out of total 28.94 lakh households in Haryana have Functional Household Tap Connection (FHTCs) whereas 5.75 lakh out of 18.17 lakh households in J&K have such basic facility of drinking water through tap connections.
- Out of the remaining 10.11 lakh households in…..Click Here to Read More
Deforestation rate globally declined between 2015 and 2020
- While forest area has declined all across the world in the past three decades, the rate of forest loss has decline due to the growth of sustainable managment.
- The rate of forest loss in 2015-2020 declined to an estimated 10 million hectares (mha), down from 12 million hectares (mha) in 2010-2015, according to the Global Forest Resources Assessment 2020 (FRA 2020).
- The FRA 2020 was released by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) on May 13, 2020.
- The FRA 2020 has examined the…..Click Here to Read More
RBI extends interest subsidy scheme for exporters till March 31, 2021
- A scheme providing interest subsidy for post and pre-shipment export credit has been extended by a year till March 31, 2021, a move which would provide relief to exporters.
- Exporters get the subsidy under the ‘Interest Equalisation Scheme for pre and post shipment Rupee Export Credit’.
- Government of India has approved the extension of Interest Equalisation Scheme for pre and post shipment Rupee export credit, with same scope and coverage, for one more year i.e. upto March 31, 2021,” the RBI said in…..Click Here to Read More
Federal Bank, MoneyGram tie up for direct-to-bank account credit service
- MoneyGram Payment Systems has tied up with Federal Bank to offer a cost-effective direct-to-bank account credit option for customers in India.
- Federal Bank said in a statement “Through this partnership, millions will be able to receive deposits directly in their bank accounts without leaving the confines of their homes, which is imperative in the current situation,”
- Private sector Federal Bank has an over 15 per…..Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=21 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें