Current Affairs Today 14 & 15 June 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 14 & 15 June 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs June 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 14 & 15 June 2020
CM Uddhav Thackeray & Dr Harsh Vardhan Launched “I-FLOWS” Flood Warning System
- Mumbai is expected to be safer in this monsoon season as a new protection cover is given to the financial capital of the country. State of the Art Integrated Flood Warning System – Iflows was inaugurated by Union Minister for Earth Sciences, Dr. Harsh Vardhan and Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray this afternoon. This added protection is expected to reduce the intensity of the flooding faced by the Mumbaikars every year.
- Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan, M Rajeevan, Secretary (MoES), Mrutyunjay Mohapatra, director general, IMD and Ravi Nanjundiah, director, IITM, Pune were also present at the e-launch.
- In recent years, Mumbai has been grappling with heavy rainfall…..Click Here to Read More
Exim Bank Extends $216 Million Credit Line to Malawi Govt
- Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) on Friday said it has extended a line of credit (LOC) worth $215.68 million to the Malawi government for drinking water supply schemes and other development projects.
- With the signing of this agreement, Exim Bank, so far, has extended five LOCs to Malawi, on behalf of the Indian government, taking the total value of LOCs extended to $395.68 million, a release said.
- Projects covered under the LOCs extended to Malawi includes supply of irrigation network, tobacco threshing plant, cotton processing facilities…..Click Here to Read More
RBI Sets Up Panel to Review Ownership, Corporate Structure at Private Banks
- The Reserve Bank on Friday proposed to review the guidelines on ownership, governance and corporate structure of private sector banks in the backdrop of key developments in the space in the recent years.
- The five-member internal working group to review the guidelines will be headed by RBI Central Board Director P K Mohanty, the central bank said in a release. The committee shall submit its report by September 30, 2020. “The review would provide an opportunity to harmonise the norms applicable to banks set up at different time periods, irrespective of their date of commencement of business,” RBI said.
- The panel has been asked to review the extant licensing guidelines and regulations relating to ownership and control in Indian private sector banks and suggest…..Click Here to Read More
Awards & Recognitions
Geologist And Former NASA Astronaut Becomes First Woman To Reach Earth’s Deepest Point
- Geologist and Former NASA astronaut Kathy Sullivan made history again. About 25 years ago Sullivan got her name in the books of history by becoming the first US woman to walk in space.
- She became the first woman ever to reach Challenger Deep, the deepest known spot in the ocean. The point resides within the Mariana Trench, around seven miles below the surface of the Pacific Ocean, about 200 miles southwest of Guam.
- The 68-year-old is the eighth person to make the dive in history. The point is more than one mile deeper than Mount Everest is high. Post their return to the surface, the duo was put on a call with two US astronauts who recently made history by reaching the International Space Station by SpaceX’s Crew Dragon.…..Click Here to Read More
Imtaiyazur Rahman is appointed as the CEO of UTI Mutual Fund
- Imtaiyazur Rahman, chief financial officer of UTI Asset Management Company (AMC), has been appointed as the interim chief executive after Leo Puri’s contract ended on Monday.
- Leo Puri completed his five-year term as CEO of UTI AMC on Monday. The board of UTI AMC will meet on August 21 to discuss about initiating a search process for the new CEO.
- In the past, Rahman has acted as interim CEO of UTI MF, following…..Click Here to Read More
Pankaj Tripathi becomes Brand Ambassador of Patna’s Khadi Mall
- Bollywood actor Pankaj Tripathi on Friday expressed gratitude to Bihar Government for appointing him as the brand ambassador of Patna’s Khadi Mall.
- Tripathi said that he would not take any salary for this role. “I am very happy and I want to thank Bihar Government and officials for appointing me as the brand ambassador of Khadi Mall. I will not take any salary for this role. I will try to use Khadi products after buying it from Patna’s Khadi mall,” Tripathi said in a video message.
- “Gandhi ji used to say khadi is not a cloth, but a thought. I am deeply connected with his values. If we want to improve the rural economy, khadi can play an important role in it. In these times, it is very important to strengthen the rural…..Click Here to Read More
CSIR National Healthcare Supply Chain Portal “Aarogyapath” Launched
- A CSIR National Healthcare Supply Chain Portal that aims to provide real-time availability of critical healthcare supplies https://www.aarogyapath.in has been launched on 12 June 2020. AarogyaPath would serve the manufacturers, suppliers and customers.
- During the present national health emergency arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic, where in there is severe disruption in supply chain,the ability to produce and deliver the critical items may be compromised due to a variety of reasons. The information platform named AarogyaPath with a vision of “providing a path which leads one on a journey towards Aarogya (healthy life)” was developed to address these challenges.
- This integrated public platform that provides single-point availability of key healthcare goodscan be helpful to customers in tackling…..Click Here to Read More
Urdu Poet Anand Mohan Zutshi Gulzar Dehlvi Passes Away Aged 93
- Prominent Urdu poet Anand Mohan Zutshi Gulzar Dehlvi (93) died of a heart attack at his residence in Noida on Friday, less than a week after recovering from coronavirus.
- On Friday afternoon Dehlvi suffered a massive heart attack, less than a month shy of his 94th birthday. He is survived by a son and a daughter. The last rites will be performed on Saturday, according to a statement from the family.
- On June 7, Gautam Buddha Nagar District Magistrate Suhas L.Y. had tweeted Dehlvi’s photo with the caption: “This 94-year-old resident turned Covid…..Click Here to Read More
Vasant Raiji, India’s Oldest First-Class Cricketer, Dies at 100
- India’s oldest First Class cricketer Vasant Raiji passed away at his home on Saturday morning. He had turned 100 in January. He is survived by his wife and two daughters. A chartered accountant, he was also a well-known chronicler of cricket, having written books on C.K. Nayudu, Ranjitsinhji, Duleepsinhji, L.P. Jai and Victor Trumper.
- A Cricket Club of India player, he represented Bombay and Baroda. A right-handed batsman, Raiji played nine First Class games in the 1940s and scored 277 runs. Raiji made his first appearance for Bombay in 1941 under Vijay Merchant, against Western Provinces, at Nagpur.
- His fascination for cricket began as a 13-year-old, watching Lala…..Click Here to Read More
Bollywood Actor Sushant Singh Rajput Dies Aged 34
- Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput who made his debut with small screen committed suicide in Mumbai.As per reports, the 34-year-old actor was found hanging at his Bandra residence in Mumbai.
- The Bollywood actor made his screen debut with Star Plus’s popular TV series Kis Desh Main Hai Meraa Dil in 2008. He also played a key role in Pavitra Rishta.
- His big-screen debut came in Kai Po Che in 2013. He had won hearts in the cricketer MS Dhoni biopic in which he played the titular…..Click Here to Read More
World Blood Donor Day 2020 14 June – Theme, Significance
- World Blood Donor Day is celebrated across the world on June 14 every year to raise awareness about safe blood donations and to thank those who voluntarily donate blood to save the lives of others.
- The day is celebrated on June 14 to mark the birthday anniversary of scientist Karl Landsteiner who won the Nobel Prize for his discovery of the ABO blood group system.
- Donating blood is not only a good cause but it also has some benefits on health. For example, donating blood can protect your heart as doing that at regular intervals can reduce the viscosity of your blood. Notably, increased viscosity…..Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=48 /]
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें