Current Affairs Today 1 July 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 1 July 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs June 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 1 July 2020
Govt Launches PM FME Scheme to Help Micro Food Processing Enterprises
- The government launched a Rs 10,000 crore scheme for micro enterprises which offers 50% subsidy for storage and transportation to prevent distress sale by farmers.
- The scheme, called Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro Food Enterprises (PM FME), aims to bring in new technology, apart from affordable credit to help small entrepreneurs penetrate new markets.
- Food processing minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal said the scheme will be implemented for five years until 2024-25. It will generate investment of Rs 35,000 core, generate 900,000 jobs and help 800,000 units, she said……Click Here to Read More
Dharmendra Pradhan Inaugurates Continuous Rebar Production Facility in Mandi Gobindgarh, Punjab
- Minister of Steel &Petroleum and Natural Gas Shri Dharmendra Pradhan today inaugurated “Continuous Galvanized Rebar” Production Facility set up by Madhav Alloys in Mandi Gobindgarh, Punjab.
- Speaking on the occassion, Minister Pradhan said, “Steel in general, and galvanized steel in particular, is a material of strength which is environment-friendly and cost-effective. With our focus on large-scale expansion in infrastructure sectors and driving steel intensity, the demand for galvanized steel is set to rise. The Continuous Galvanized Rebar production facility inaugurated today will support the much awaited need of supplying galvanized rebar to the construction industry.”
- Speaking about self-reliance in steel sector, Shri Pradhan said, “An Aatmanirbhar Bharat……Click Here to Read More
5th Anniversary of Urban Missions – PMAY (U), SCM and AMRUT Completed on June 25, 2020
- Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs(I/C)has stated that“India has undertaken one of the most comprehensive planned urbanization programmes in the history of the worl.
- The vision of our Hon’ble Prime Minister of a New India is closely intertwined with our flagship programme achievements.On 12 May 2020, Hon’ble Prime Minister launched the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan which focuses on providing relief as well as help to farmers, cottage industries, home industry, small-scale industries, MSMEs – which are the means of livelihood for crores of people who were adversely impacted by the lockdown measures”.He was addressing a webinar to mark the 5thAnniversary ofPradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(Urban) (PMAY-U), Smart Cities Mission (SCM) and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) in the presence of Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary……Click Here to Read More
India accounts For 45.8 million of the World’s ‘Missing Females’- UNFPA
- India accounts for 45.8 million of the world”s 142.6 million “missing females” over the past 50 years, a report by the United Nations said on Tuesday, noting that the country along with China form the majority of such women globally.
- The State of World Population 2020 report released on Tuesday by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the world organisation”s sexual and reproductive health agency, said that the number of “missing women” has more than doubled over the past 50 years – from 61 million in 1970 to a cumulative 142.6 million in 2020.
- Of this global figure, India accounted for 45.8 million missing females as of 2020 and China accounted……Click Here to Read More
Swiggy Launches Digital Wallet ‘Swiggy Money’ in Partnership with ICICI Bank
- Food delivery platform Swiggy on Tuesday launched its own digital wallet to enable single-click checkout experience on its platform.
- Called ”Swiggy Money,” the full-fledged digital wallet in partnership with ICICI Bank will enable customers to store money and be used for all food orders.
- Users choosing ”Swiggy Money” can avail instant refunds and use the money for easy checkouts and hassle-free payment processing on future food orders, the company said in a statement……Click Here to Read More
India, World Bank Sign Loan Agreements For Housing Sector in Tamil Nadu
- The government of India, government of Tamil Nadu and the World Bank on Monday signed legal agreements to help low-income groups in the state of Tamil Nadu get access to affordable housing.
- The legal agreements were signed for two projects – $200 million First Tamil Nadu Housing Sector Strengthening Programme and $50 million Tamil Nadu Housing and Habitat Development Project – to strengthen the state’s housing sector policies, institutions, and regulations.
- The $200 million First Tamil Nadu Housing Sector Strengthening Programme supports the government’s ongoing efforts to increase the availability of affordable housing by gradually shifting the role of the state……Click Here to Read More
Awards & Recognitions
Former RBI Governor C Rangarajan Conferred with First ‘P C Mahalanobis Award in Official Statistics’ For Lifetime Achievements
- Former Reserve Bank of India governor C Rangarajan, who was conferred with the first P C Mahalanobis Award in Official Statistics for lifetime achievements on the occasion of the National Statistics Day on Monday, called upon the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) to put the controversies related to national income at rest.
- He also asked the government to accord statutory recognition to the National Statistical Commission (NSC).
- Delivering his acceptance speech for the award on webinar, organised to commemorate the 14th Statistics Day, Rangarajan said,” I hope that there is a satisfactory end to the controversies that have arisen in the recent past on data……Click Here to Read More
Appointments & Resignations
KK Venugopal, Tushar Mehta Get Extended Tenures as Attorney General, Solicitor General
- The Centre reappointed noted jurist KK Venugopal as Attorney General for India for one more year from July 1.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet also reappointed senior advocate Tushar Mehta as Solicitor General of India with effect from July 1 for a period of three years or until further orders, an official notification said.
- It reappointed the current Additional Solicitor Generals (ASGs) Vikramjit Banerjee, Aman Lekhi, Madhavi Goradia Divan, KM Natraj and Sanjay Jain for another……Click Here to Read More
Gudni Johannesson Re-elected as President of Iceland
- Iceland’s President Gudni Johannesson secured a landslide victory with 91 per cent of the votes in presidential election on Sunday, seeing off a challenge from right-winger Gudmundur Franklin Jonsson, Xinhua reported citing local media sources.
- According to local broadcaster RUV, opinion polls had predicted that the rightwing challenger had little chance of winning the support of the country’s 252,217 voters.
- “If I get the support of my compatriots, I will continue on the same path,” Johannesson said earlier as he arrived to vote at a polling station not far from the capital……Click Here to Read More
Science & Technology
NADA App Launched to Help Athletes Stay Updated on Banned Substances
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju on Tuesday unveiled National Anti-Doping Agency”s first mobile app to provide information about prohibited substances and their inadvertent use, calling the initiative an important step towards dope-free sports.
- The app aims to create a bridge between athletes and the NADA by providing easily accessible information on various aspects of sport, and most importantly about prohibited substances and their inadvertent use which may affect the career of athletes.
- “It is a very important step for Indian sport because we are working towards clean sports and the first step in that direction is to create awareness and provide relevant……Click Here to Read More
MOHUA Launches Webportal For Street Vendors Loan Scheme SVANidhi
- Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Housing & Urban Affairs, today launched the Beta version of PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi “PM SVANidhi” Portal in presence of officials from States/UTs, Banks, Payment aggregators and other stakeholders. Leveraging on the digital technology solutions, the portal provides for an integrated end to end IT interface to users for availing benefits under the scheme.
- Since the launch of PM SVANidhi, on June 1, 2020, Ministry has held detailed interactions with various type of lenders e.g. Banks, MFIs and NBFCs. Taking into account the suggestions received, a detailed operational guidelines for the lenders have been prepared, which are being issued today. It is expect that shortly, all the lenders will issue detailed operating guidelines for the scheme to their field offices……Click Here to Read More
Liverpool Win 2020 Premier League To End 30-Year Title Drought
- Liverpool have become Premier League champions for the first time, ending a three-decade wait to win the English top flight again.
- The Reds’ 19th league title was secured on Thursday when Chelsea’s 2-1 victory over Manchester City at Stamford Bridge meant Pep Guardiola’s side could no longer mathematically catch Jurgen Klopp’s men.
- The destination of the 2019-20 Premier League title has been a foregone conclusion for some time, though, with Liverpool having taken a remarkable 86 points from their first 31 games.……Click Here to Read More
India’s Nitin Menon Becomes Youngest Umpire to Enter ICC’s Elite Panel
- Indian umpire Nitin Menon on Monday became only the third from the country after Srinivas Venkatraghavan and Sundaram Ravi to be part of the International Cricket Council (ICC) Elite Panel of Umpires. He also becomes the youngest umpire to join the elite panel.
- Nitin Menon will replace Nigel Llong in the 12-man ICC Elite Panel of Umpires for the 2020-21 season. 36-year-old Menon has so far officiated in 3 Tests, 24 ODIs and 16 T20Is and now has been elevated from the Emirates ICC International Panel of Umpires.
- The selection panel that picked Menon had former India cricketer……Click Here to Read More
International Asteroid Day 2020 – Date, Significance
- World Asteroid Day or International Asteroid Day is observed globally on June 30. Asteroid Day aims to raise public awareness about asteroid impact hazard and to inform the public about the crisis communication actions to be taken at the global level in case of a credible near-Earth object threat.
- World Asteroid Day is observed globally each year at the anniversary of the Tunguska impact over Siberia, Russian Federation, on June 30, 1908, and to raise public awareness about the asteroid impact hazard.
- Asteroid Day, the official United Nations’ day of global awareness and education……Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=61 /]