Chartered Accountants Day 2020- Theme, History, Significance
- Chartered Accountants Day is being celebrated on July 1. An act of Parliament gave birth to the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) on July 1, 1949. It is the national accounting body of India. It is the second-largest professional accounting and finance body in the world in terms of members, with a current roster of about 2.5 lakhs members.This year, it is celebrating the 72nd Chartered Accountants day.
- This year, it is celebrating the 72nd Chartered Accountants day.
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is the only licensing and regulatory body for the financial audit and accounting profession in India. Everyone follows its recommendations from the National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA) to other accounting institutions.
- The theme of Chartered Accountants Day 2020 is ‘Transforming the Future: Enabling Excellence, Augmenting Trust’. This year ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) organized virtual national CA summit 2020 from June, 29 till 1 July 2020.
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament in the year 1949 for regulating the profession of Chartered Accountants in India. As it was founded the year before Constitution was officially adopted, the genesis of the CA profession can be traced back to days of pre-independence.
- The ICAI follows a very strict code of ethics. Its official motto is quoted from the Upanishad –“Ya esha supteshu jagriti”. Which implies “the one who is awake in those that sleep”.
- A Chartered Accountant has to abide by the regulations of ICAI and be compliant and keen-eyed. It is the duty of CA to help indulgent people to pay their taxes so that they can become responsible citizens.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is the national professional accounting body of India. It was established on 1 July 1949 as a statutory body under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 enacted by the Parliament to regulate the profession of Chartered Accountancy in India.
- Founded-1 July 1949
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- President– CA. Atul Kumar Gupta
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें