Carlyle Group to buy 74% in SeQuent Scientific for over Rs 1,500 crore
- Private equity player The Carlyle Group will acquire a majority 74% stake in SeQuent Scientificfor over Rs 1,500 crore.
- The deal will be executed through two investment vehicles-CA Harbor Investments, affiliated entity of CAP V Mauritius, which is an affiliated entity of Carlyle. The deal is the Carlyle’s first majority transaction in an Indian publicly-listed company.
- The promoters of the company sold a 44.92% stake and Carlyle agreed to buy 5.69% of the existing private equity investor Ascent Capital.
- The deal was managed by Nomura acting as the Financial advisor for Carlyle.
- The Law Firm Nishith Desai Associates was the advisor of Sequent and its Promoters.
- Under the Securities and Exchange Board of India’s (Sebi’s) takeover regulations, a mandatory open offer by CA Harbor Investments and CAP V Mauritius will have to be offered for the purchase of a maximum up to 26% equity shares of SeQuent from public shareholders.
- Animal health care company
- HQ- Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD- Manish Gupta
- Americanmultinational private equity, alternative asset management and financial services
- Carlyle has invested around $2.5 billion in India over the past two decades and key transactions have included investments in SBI Life, SBI Cards, Medanta Medicity, and Metropolis Healthcare.
- HQ- Washington DC, US
- Founders-William E. Conway Jr., Daniel A. D’Aniello, and David Rubenstein
- Capital Market Regulator
- HQ-Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman-Ajay Tyagi
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें