Bharti Airtel arm buys additional 6.3% stake in Robi Axiata from NTT Docomo
- Bharti Airtel on Tuesday said its subsidiary has acquired an additional 6.3 per cent stake in Bangladesh’s telecom operator Robi Axiata from NTT Docomo for an undisclosed sum.
- This will raise the stake of Bharti International (Singapore) — wholly-owned subsidiary of Bharti Airtel — in Robi Axiata Limited to 31.3 per cent from 25 per cent at present, the company said in a BSE filing.
- Bharti International (Singapore) Pte Ltd (directly and through its affiliate entities)… has acquired additional 6.3 per cent stake in Robi Axiata Limited (an entity in Bangladesh) from NTT DOCOMO INC and its group entities, on June 09, 2020,” it said.
- Acquisition of the ordinary shares of Robi from Docomo is done at mutually-agreed valuation.
- “The said valuation is non-material and is not disclosed herein due to reasons of confidentiality,” it said.
- Robi is the second largest mobile network operator in Bangladesh. It is a subsidiary company of Axiata Investments (Labuan) Limited, which is an arm of Asian telecom giant, Axiata Group Berhad, based in Malaysia.
About Bharti Airtel Limited-
Bharti Airtel Limited, also known as Airtel, is an Indian global telecommunications services company based in New Delhi, India. It operates in 18 countries across South Asia and Africa, and also in the Channel Islands.
- Founded – 7 July 1995
- Headquarters-New Delhi
- Chairman– Sunil Bharti Mittal
- MD & CEO(India & South Asia)– Gopal Vittal
About Robi Axiata Limited-
Robi Axiata Limited, DBA Robi, is the second largest mobile network operator in Bangladesh. It is a joint venture between Axiata Group Berhad of Malaysia, Bharti Airtel Limited of India.
- Founded – 1997
- Headquarters-Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Managing Director(MD) & Chief Executive Officer(CEO)– Mahtab Uddin Ahmed
About NTT Docomo Inc-
NTT Docomo Inc. is the predominant mobile phone operator in Japan. The name is officially an abbreviation of the phrase, “do communications over the mobile network”, and is also from a compound word dokomo, meaning “everywhere” in Japanese. Docomo provides phone, video phone, i-mode, and mail services.
- Founded – 14 August 1991
- Headquarters-Tokyo, Japan
- President & CEO– Kazuhiro Yoshizawa
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें