Airtel acquires 10% stake in AI startup Voicezen
- Bharti Airtel has acquired 10 per cent stake in Gurgaon-based start-up Voicezen, which focusses on conversational artificial intelligence technologies, in an all-cash deal, the private operator said.
- The stake purchase will give Bharti Airtel preferred access to Voicezen’s technologies, which can be deployed across its customer touch points in multiple languages, Airtel said in a statement without disclosing the amount it paid for buying the stake.
- The acquisition has been made by the company under its fast expanding Airtel Startup Accelerator Programme, the company noted.
- “AI is a big focus area for Airtel given the deep positive impact the technology can have in transforming customer experience. Voicezen has built some promising products that are very relevant for a market like India. We look forward to partnering them in scaling these innovative ‘Made in India, for India’ applications,” Adarsh Nair, Chief Product Officer – Bharti Airtel said.
- The mega-trend will be driven by surging demand for AI powered customer support services and omni-channel deployment and increasing customer engagement through social media platforms and integration of advanced AI capabilities will offer massive opportunities.
- The investment will give Airtel preferred access to Voicezen’s technologies, which can be deployed across its customer touch points in multiple languages.
- These intelligent solutions will offer real time analytics and insights to make Airtel’s conversations with its customers.
- “Our partnership with Airtel helps us solve these challenges. With this strategic investment, we will work even more closely with them to continuously improve our AI models and build out an enterprise-grade, battle-hardened product that will make customer interactions more efficient, especially in this post-COVID-19 world where business operations are facing large disruptions”.
- Airtel acquired 10 per cent stake in the company in an all-cash transaction basis and the deal is expected to close by May 30.
About Bharti Airtel Limited-
- Bharti Airtel Limited, also known as Airtel, is an Indian global telecommunications services company based in New Delhi, India. It operates in 18 countries across South Asia and Africa, and also in the Channel Islands.
- CEO & MD – Gopal Vittal(India and South Asia)
- COO – Ajay Puri
- Global CIO – Harmeen Mehta (Head of Digital)
- Headquarters – New Delhi